Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Alright ES, is the dress blue and black or white and gold?

Springfield

It's all a matter of contrasts and lighting. Magicians have been using this effect for years

That seems right.

But if you isolate those colors in that example, they are actually the same. If you isolate the dress colors, they are shades of brown and blue-ish/purplish-not actually black and royal blue.

Some people see these colors and literally see black and royal blue, just like the actual dress, even though the colors are brown and light blue.

How can 20 something percent be right about the real color of the dress but still see the actual colors in the picture wrong? I'm talking to people who say the picture and the actual dress are essentially identical, and they don't see brown or gold or tan at all.

Sorry if I'm not explaining it right, but I think there's something more than contrast and lighting with this picture.

Sometimes I think it would be perfectly justified if an alien species decided mankind just wasn't worth it and blew up the planet. The internet meltdown over this dress is one of those times.

I find it interesting. The fact that we all think we see colors the same and then something like this can be so divided is quite amazing. Me personally, I see black and blue. I see no white or gold anywhere on that dress.

I find it interesting. The fact that we all think we see colors the same and then something like this can be so divided is quite amazing. Me personally, I see black and blue. I see no white or gold anywhere on that dress.

I think it's pretty amazing too. I'm totally dumbfounded by it.

To be clear, you're saying you see black and blue, not "I see brown and light blue but I think the dress in real life is black and blue", right?

First I saw it as white & gold, now I only see it as black and blue.

Same (not sane, lol) question to you - you don't see the stripes as brown, right?

Nope, just black and blue. I didn't even know it was a thing when my girlfriend showed it to me.

wow. thats wild.

even with the myriad explanations, i dont see one that really fits. Saying it was under or overexposed makes a little sense.

still, tis a mystery.

But to me it's not lol. I don't see gold anywhere on that dress. I mean I understand what you're saying but I just don't see gold at all.

What did you see when you see a picture of the original dress (assuming you've seen it)? Just a darker version of the controversial one?

This one has really brought out the haters recently. So many people complaining. It's ****ing interesting - get over yourselves.

My wife saw white and gold. I saw blue and black. It really is bizarre to sit next to someone who is seeing the "other" colors. It is really hard to comprehend how someone else can see vastly different colors.

Archived