Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official "DC" Thread (Movies,Comics etc)

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Yeah I don't see how Sleepy Hollow continues without her. I'm going to need to catch up now.

Pretty cool that Flockhart is going to stay with the show. Honestly, it's not like she was getting a lot of work anyway.

Sleepy Hollow isn't worth catching up on IMO, that show needs to be put down.

• Like 1

A couple days ago I read that Supergirl was considered as a CW property originally but CBS execs want to improve the younger-viewer demographics, so this switch was one of the planned attempts to bring more of that younger hipper social media loving crowd into that time slot (cbs is #1 with the over 40 demo). When they got good numbers for cable but not enough for their goal there, they went back to CW as the home for it. 

Flockhart is surprisingly to me one of my favorite parts of the show. I actually think she's excellent. She, Manhunter, and Benoist are the only characters that interest me, but I do like them and still like the show.

A complaint as with Arrow---they reduce in scope/impressiveness/gravitas some characters who had all that in major ways in the comics, from Ras to Red Tornado to others. I also get tired of everyone with a power also seeming to have ultra advanced hand to hand combat skills that take many years of hard training to acquire but they get them out of thin air or after a few months of "being taught."

Also compound bows being used as fighting staffs. Very worn on that stuff  and it wasn't that cool from the get-go. But I can see there's no where to go with it at this point other than to continue. This Green Arrow is too much Batman/Borne for me and not enough archer with Stark-level trick arrows---though they're finally getting to some more trick arrow usage. That they've been sparse with this for this character has been a huge gaffe imo. We should have been seeing quite a panoply of special purpose and very cool arrows being developed and then used as GA's primary means of combat---not the MMA Arrow. 

This reads like a 13 year old comic book nerd.  :lol:

• Like 3

http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/05/19/flash-arrow-supergirl-legends-of-tomorrow-mega-crossover-coming

FLASH, ARROW, SUPERGIRL, LEGENDS OF TOMORROW MEGA-CROSSOVER COMING

One probably guessed this was on the way, given Supergirl's new move from CBS to The CW for its second season -- and The CW releasingtheir fall 2016 schedule featuring four of its five weekday nights kicking off with a DC Comics series -- but a giant four-show mega crossover event is headed our way that will bring together Supergirl, The Flash, Arrow and DC's Legends of Tomorrow.

On a conference call with the press this morning, CW head Mark Pedowitz confirmed that all four of their Greg Berlanti-produced DC series will join up for one big story. Said Pedowitz, "Just imagine what our superhero crossover episode is going to look like come December," while also referring to the crossover as "the biggest one ever."

Pedowitz also said he felt Supergirl should have been a CW series from the start.

"The fact it’s now moved to The CW, where it should have been in the first place, I don’t think it will have a big impact on the tone,” he said of Supergirl's network shift

Edited by BRAVEONAWARPATH

• 3 weeks later...

http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/06/06/superman-will-be-introduced-in-supergirl-season-2

SUPERMAN WILL BE INTRODUCED IN SUPERGIRL: SEASON 2

The Man of Steel won't be staying in the shadows any longer on Supergirl, as Superman himself will be introduced in Season 2 of the DC Comics-based series. Clark Kent/Superman will appear in the first two episodes of Supergirl: Season 2, as the show moves to the CW in the fall, and casting is currently underway for a new TV incarnation of the iconic superhero.

Said executive producer Andrew Kriesberg, in a statement, "Greg [berlanti], Ali [Adler[ and I are beyond thrilled to welcome Clark Kent and his slightly-more-famous alter ego to the world of Supergirl. Superman will be appearing in the first two episodes of the new season and we cannot wait to see who next dons the red cape!"

I figured they'd eventually cave and bring him into the universe properly. 

• Like 1

Living off Smallville royalties and playing bit parts in movies.

That would be an excellent choice though (even if he had his own version of Kara).

Maybe he's Earth 1's (or insert #) Superman?

Also..I bet it goes to someone like Matt Bomer (or even Jensen Ackles) if they don't use Cavill.

Edited by The Evil Genius

Tom Welling would be the best choice.  But as mentioned, in Smallville his Kara already was there before he was Superman, not the other way around.  In Supergirl he was already Superman when she arrived as a young girl.  So they most likely won't cast him. 

Edited by Dont Taze Me Bro

Why wouldn't they just use Cavill for continuity if they ever pull these CW characters into the movie?

Zach Snyder shot down the idea of making Gustin the movie Flash because the show didn't have the right "tone" for his emoverse so I doubt he'd want Cavill to end up in a place where the character can actually enjoy himself.

Tom Welling would be the best choice. But as mentioned, in Smallville his Kara already was there before he was Superman, not the other way around. So they most likely won't cast him.

Based on the casting decisions these shows have made I guess Welling could always be Jor-El.

Edited by EvilMonkeyBoy

Zach Snyder shot down the idea of making Gustin the movie Flash because the show didn't have the right "tone" for his emoverse so I doubt he'd want Cavill to end up in a place where the character can actually enjoy himself.

Based on the casting decisions these shows have made I guess Welling could always be Jor-El.

It would be nice if they did that.  I'd really like to see Welling as Superman, just because I loved Smallville and was always annoyed by DC not allowing any shows portraying Supes and Batman as adults.  

I happen to enjoy the emo-verse. I don't want Cavill on the CW if he is going to be wasting his time pulling cats out of trees and aw shucks spilling ice cream on his suit as Clark Kent

I just read that it won't be Cavill.  He's currently filming Justice League and apparently was cast for Justice League 2 which is set for 2019.

Edited by Dont Taze Me Bro

Tom Welling would be the best choice.  But as mentioned, in Smallville his Kara already was there before he was Superman, not the other way around.  In Supergirl he was already Superman when she arrived as a young girl.  So they most likely won't cast him. 

Wouldn't be a problem if they cast him. He could just play his own doppleganger.

Doesn't matter. That world doesn't exist...or if it does just say it's Earth-55 or something lol

Edited by BRAVEONAWARPATH
  • Like 1

Wouldn't be a problem if they cast him. He could just play his own doppleganger.

Doesn't matter. That world doesn't exist...or if it does just say it's Earth-55 or something lol

Good points, I forgot about the parallel universes.  Maybe Superman will emerge in Earth Prime where the Flash takes place and maybe Kara will travel there from her earth.  

Like in the crossover, when the Flash traveled to Supergirls parallel earth, she asked him about Superman and he said her and him don't exist on his earth.  

Or, they could just reveal him on Kara's earth like y'all said since it would be a doppleganger anyhow.  

• Like 1