Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official "Marvel" Thread (Movies,Comics etc)

BRAVEONAWARPATH

On 7/21/2019 at 10:47 AM, TryTheBeal! said:

Marvel still killing it...but can I get some Luke Cage?!?

I think they are going to be made an example of. Egos, im sure DD probably suffered the most from this, being as good as it was. Shame to see both Kingpin and Murdock go out like that. Everyone else can go.

7 hours ago, justice98 said:

If I had to guess, I would guess the shows will keep the connections to a minimum.  Like, people will know they exist in the same universe, but nothing significant will occur that the movies have to really account for. 

pretty sure at SDCC they said the what happens in WandaVision will impact the next Doc Strange movie

I'm thinking connections will only get stronger now that they have everything under one umbrella. 

9 hours ago, justice98 said:

If I had to guess, I would guess the shows will keep the connections to a minimum.  Like, people will know they exist in the same universe, but nothing significant will occur that the movies have to really account for. 

Looks like they're shortening their phases compared to phase 3.  I don't think they want to take another 10 years to build towards the next big bad, so using the TV shows to help develop a larger story and characters would speed things along.  I know they're using the Hawkeye show to develop Kate Bishop.  Phase 4 is about combining the big screen and the small screen.

Feige knows what type of traffic to expect from Disney + so maybe the TV shows will build more excitement and drive more people to the theatre to see the movies.   But as others have mentioned do want to have to binge watch 30+ hrs of TV shows to go see a movie?  The content will have to be really really good.   They're taking a big risk with this which is why I think they only announced the next two years slate.  If it's not working they can change gears.

Edited by drowland

3 hours ago, Burgold said:

I liked the First Dr. Strange movie and will likely see the second, but that title is awful.

I notice that a lot of the Marvel titles are pretty bad.  They have a hard time packaging comic book esoteria/nerd stuff into their movie titles in a slick way.  Multiverse of Madness just sounds like a run from the early 70s during peak Marvel nerdiness.

They do better when they keep their titles short and simple.

2 hours ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

I notice that a lot of the Marvel titles are pretty bad.  They have a hard time packaging comic book esoteria/nerd stuff into their movie titles in a slick way.  Multiverse of Madness just sounds like a run from the early 70s during peak Marvel nerdiness.

They do better when they keep their titles short and simple.

Something like, Captain Marvel 2: Dat Ass

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

So does Tom Holland go to Sony?  I'd rather him in the next Venom movie with Carnage then try to figure out how to do that without Spiderman, so mad they even tried.  I love Spiderman, but getting kinda tired of the Spiderman movies, they are wasting it in a way that reminds me of X-Men, they can do soooooo much better with it.

Hot Take: Into the Spiderverse is the best Spiderman movie ever, and it was made by Sony, followed secondly by the original Spiderman 2 with Doctor Octopus, also made by Sony.

1 minute ago, Renegade7 said:

So does Tom Holland go to Sony?  I'd rather him in the next Venom movie with Carnage then try to figure out how to do that without Spiderman, so mad they even tried.  I love Spiderman, but getting kinda tired of the Spiderman movies, they are wasting it in a way that reminds me of X-Men, they can do soooooo much better with it.

Hot Take: Into the Spiderverse is the best Spiderman movie ever, and it was made by Sony, followed secondly by the original Spiderman 2 with Doctor Octopus, also made by Sony.

I suppose they can keep Holland, but its gonna be awkward with him not being able to mention anything thats happened in the MCU

10 minutes ago, StillUnknown said:

I suppose they can keep Holland, but its gonna be awkward with him not being able to mention anything thats happened in the MCU

Going up against multiple symbiotes, I imagine he'll be busy.  But a standalone Spiderman movie, they might get somebody else, which I won't like, but Sony gonna Sony.

3 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Never a huge fan of mcu Spider-Man anyway 

Man, I thought I was alone, my little sister hates me for my position on this, loves her some Tom Holland

20 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

And you like those garbage Sony movies?  That is crazy. 

Hes done good as Spiderboy, but as my dad says "where the hell is Spiderman?"  Only thing I liked around Holland was Civil War, spacesuit spiderman was unnecessary 

• Like 1