Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official "Marvel" Thread (Movies,Comics etc)

BRAVEONAWARPATH

8 hours ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Finally got around to watching Season 3 of Jessica Jones.  It's been Trish heavy so far.  Trish is the worst.  She rolled a 20 for bone structure and a 1 for charisma.

Marvel usually gets the casting right, they flopped big time with Trish, especially if the plan was always to give her that much screen time.

I still haven't watched the last Punisher season, I highly doubt I'll even bother with JJ 3 if its that heavy on Trish.

8 hours ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Finally got around to watching Season 3 of Jessica Jones.  It's been Trish heavy so far.  Trish is the worst.  She rolled a 20 for bone structure and a 1 for charisma.

I didnt think you had the heart to return after heyheyiwantyourcraycray

Edited by Mr. Sinister

11 minutes ago, StillUnknown said:

Marvel usually gets the casting right, they flopped big time with Trish, especially if the plan was always to give her that much screen time.

I still haven't watched the last Punisher season, I highly doubt I'll even bother with JJ 3 if its that heavy on Trish. 

I think Netflix has their own little wing of the MCU that's largely autonomous from Feige and Marvel Studios, and in general, their work is much worse.  Daredevil was the only series that I thought was strong pretty much start to finish.

Punisher was uneven and strained credulity at times, but the performances were memorable and made the season worth watching.

I'm only two and a half episodes in to JJ.  This season has had a really corny and unpleasant feminine energy.  One of the major problems for me that the series has had is how unlikable all of the supporting characters are.  Jessica is charismatic and interesting, and she's got virtually nothing to play off.  I keep thinking to myself why would she ever be friends with such an annoying try-hard like Trish?  Jessica is cool and Trish is not.  They have nothing in common and zero chemistry.  The only thing more painful than their scenes together are the scenes of Malcolm and Trish.   Hogarth's scenes send me off in waves in cringe.  The villains haven't come close to matching the quality of Kilgrave.  None of the characters aside from Jessica and her detective friend communicate like human beings.  Most of them are so wild-eyed and melodramatic and snotty.  It's just a very unpleasant viewing experience.

17 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

I didnt think you had the heart to return after heyheyiwantyourcraycray

I realized last night that Trish is supposed to be funny.  That part of the show was meant to be funny.  I am stunned.  I'm not sure there is anyone less funny that they could have cast.

• Like 1

Watched TASM 1-2 over the past few days. I still think those are awesome movies. Spider-Man looks tall and lean just the way he should, I loved the way they catch him slinging through the city and some of the slow motion shots. The story is good and follows the comics more. The Gwen Stacy storyline is fantastic and puts so much heart into the movies. Emma Stone and andrew Garfield have great chemistry together. It tore me up when she dies. I love the way the second one ends with Spider-Man returning and bringing hope back to the city with the setup the sinister six. The only thing they botched was electro but it wasn’t terrible just not really fleshed out. 

I love those movies. They should have had a 3rd. 

(Runs and hides) 

3 hours ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

They tried to make him to cool and unfunny.  I like Tom Holland as Spider-Man 1000% more.

After being treated to Marvel Studios's Spider-Man and Into the Spiderverse, I don't see how you can find any of the old Sony Spider-Man movies enjoyable Momma.  They're so mediocre.

I don’t think they tried to make him

unfunny. He’s more wisecracking than Tobey Maguire was. The biggest reason for me is that I’ve always preferred Spider-Man solo not within a shared universe so while I really like the marvel Spider-Man from civil war, avengers and HC, I think they cheapen his character quite a bit. Holland is basically running around in an iron man suit with Spider-Man paint. That’s not my Spider-Man. He doesn’t need a supercomputer in his suit. They’ve cheapened him so much. 

And for TASM, the Gwen/Peter relationship is handled really well to me which carries both movies. Emma stone is a national treasure. In addition to that, it has good villains and nice through line between both movies. The action pieces are well shot and unique too. And it’s the best looking Spider-Man to date imo. This look is straight from the comics and is perfect 

3044497F-A768-42F6-8948-F6E81FA1D946.jpeg

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, StillUnknown said:

something tells me she's completely different without the makeup

Left pic.

rs_1024x759-150312094243-1024.Emma-Stone

13 hours ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

OK so there is a moment in Season 3 Episode 3 starting at approximately the 47 minute mark that makes watching this season worth it.  You all will know it when you see it.  I skipped back and watched it multiple times.

What you talking about? JJ or another show? 😁

20 hours ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

They tried to make him to cool and unfunny.  I like Tom Holland as Spider-Man 1000% more.

After being treated to Marvel Studios's Spider-Man and Into the Spiderverse, I don't see how you can find any of the old Sony Spider-Man movies enjoyable Momma.  They're so mediocre.

Remember when Spiderman 2 with Dr. Octopus was considered the best superhero movie ever made up to that point?  Me neither, that was so long as ago, it was pre-Dark Knight.

2 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

Remember when Spiderman 2 with Dr. Octopus was considered the best superhero movie ever made up to that point?  Me neither, that was so long as ago, it was pre-Dark Knight.

It definitely was the best but that was before Nolan changed everything with Begins and then marvel jumped into the fray. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

I certainly liked parts of it. 

"A man named Octavius grows four arms and goes on a rampage of death and destruction in Times Square. Is this a great country or what?"

• Like 1