Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official "Marvel" Thread (Movies,Comics etc)

BRAVEONAWARPATH

The Spiderman take is hilarious. But then again, the dude hated Thor also. 🙄

Holland absolutely nails this version of Parker. I also read that...

This Mysterio is from another timeline or dimension. All from the Thanos snappening/unsnappening.

Edited by The Evil Genius
  • Like 2

the first two Thor movies did suck. I don’t care that shocker name was passed around. Not really significant and I’m okay with them taking liberties and not making exact copies of comics and why should they it’s a movie, different medium. Also, Jacob balaton does suck. I didn’t like flash either. I like Holland tho. 

The amazing Spider-Man sucks bad tho. 

• Like 1

Does anyone think the Netflix Marvel shows will eventually resurface on Disney+ after their initial MCU shows are released? It seems they wanted to rap up the side plots left unfinished after Endgame, but aren't going to be important enough to put into Phase 4. 

Edited by Gamebreaker

I wish Marvel would do some Dr Doom movies. Now THERE is a cool character. Sorcerous powers, a better suit than Ironman (super human strength,

laser cannon, forcefield generation, rocket boots), genius level intellect. Plus a wicked accent, to boot.

And specifically i'd like to see a film where Dr Doom tortures Tom Holland and Jacob Batalon all movie long.  

Anyone here seen Far From Home? 

On the negative side, I thought it was pretty shoddy in a lot of little ways. It had really stiff direction and editing, like something out of a low budget network show at times. Some of the supporting cast was distractingly flat and a lot of the first half felt like they were going through the motions. Though I want Peter to be happy and I'm rooting for him, the relationship stuff was just boring for the most part. 

On the plus side, damn was this story a ride. There are multiple great twists, reflecting the villain itself, and Gyllenhaal and Holland are both fantastic. The effects are mostly very good, with some mind-bending battles that recall Scarecrow from Batman Begins. The ending is one of the best in the MCU, with perhaps the best after credits scenes to date. Under NO CIRCUMSTANCES should you leave early. 

Kind of a mixed bag overall, and not as polished or refreshing as Homecoming IMO, but the good stuff is worthwhile. 

Edited by Bacon

2 hours ago, Bacon said:

Anyone here seen Far From Home? 

On the negative side, I thought it was pretty shoddy in a lot of little ways. It had really stiff direction and editing, like something out of a low budget network show at times. Some of the supporting cast was distractingly flat and a lot of the first half felt like they were going through the motions. Though I want Peter to be happy and I'm rooting for him, the relationship stuff was just boring for the most part. 

On the plus side, damn was this story a ride. There are multiple great twists, reflecting the villain itself, and Gyllenhaal and Holland are both fantastic. The effects are mostly very good, with some mind-bending battles that recall Scarecrow from Batman Begins. The ending is one of the best in the MCU, with perhaps the best after credits scenes to date. Under NO CIRCUMSTANCES should you leave early. 

Kind of a mixed bag overall, and not as polished or refreshing as Homecoming IMO, but the good stuff is worthwhile. 

I found Mysterio a little disappointing.

2 hours ago, Rdskns2000 said:

I found Mysterio a little disappointing.

I think the character could have been developed a little better if they hadn't spent half the movie on high school rom com stuff. He only interacts with Peter Parker a handful of times before everything is turned on its head and that lowers the emotional stakes a little bit. It's just kinda rushed.

But Gyllenhaal was perfect for the whole thespian nature of the role and showed a lot of range, even if the material wasn't great. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Bacon said:

Sounds like it sucked but people don't want to admit it because how much they like Tom Holland as Peter Parker.  Thanks for the review, Netflix for me if Disney allows it.

47 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Sounds like it sucked but people don't want to admit it because how much they like Tom Holland as Peter Parker.  Thanks for the review, Netflix for me if Disney allows it.

Yeah, most fun way to do this would be if this were a DCEU or FoX-Men event, and see if people would be rioting before leaving the theatre

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Yeah, most fun way to do this would be if this were a DCEU or FoX-Men event, and see if people would be rioting before leaving the theatre

MCU has built up so much goodwill people still say stuff like you gotta stay for the end credits, its worth it. Huh? That Nick Fury thing frustrates me, Wikipedia just saved me the headache.

I'd hate to see them screw it up, slow down and make good movies, please don't try to keep up with what you were doing, it was historic, now its unnecessary.

It didn’t suck. All his criticisms are valid, but the mid post scene twist was nice. Mysterio everyone saw coming a mile away. As for the teenage drama stuff. I didn’t care for it but I wouldn’t care about any teenagers angst cause I’m grown. I still enjoyed it. I feel like teenagers and like 20 years ole would really identify more with movie. 

Said about a year ago, the true test of the sustainability of the superhero genre/fatigue factor will show in the next AB after Endgame. Haven't seen it for myself yet, but it already sounds like maybe the Thanos/Stark/Cap plot was a once in a generation type thing we all should truly enjoy.

I definitely wouldn't say that Far From Home sucked, it was just two movies grafted onto each other, one a slice of life and one an action film, kind of like the crossroads Peter Parker himself is at. 

The magic isn't there the way it is with Homecoming though because it tries to do too much and the weight of Endgame is just too heavy. I find I have a hard time caring about randos from Peter's high school under these circumstances.

I do think Mysterio is a cool villain and an appropriate reminder that people need something to believe in after a tragedy, even if it's an illusion. There's so much great Leftovers-esque material to draw from concerning this post-Blip society and I hope they talk more about it. 

Agree mostly with what others have said...mixed bag.  The first half was teen romcom and oh there are some monsters in Europe which Peter needs to team with Fury and Mysterio to take down without his classmates finding out.  I was sitting there thinking where are they going with this and then the movie takes a turn and it got a lot more interesting the 2nd half.  The teen stuff isn't for me although I found the awkward tension between Peter and MJ cute and well done.  I also really liked Happy in this movie and where they've taken his relationship with Peter.  Oh and spoiler, Marisa Tomei is still hot.  The action sequences and some of the mind bending effects were really cool.  The mid credit scene, and who was in it, was a sure surprise.  The post credit scene I had picked up on some of the clues throughout the movie and wasn't that shocked.

Spoiler

It makes sense that Fury will be heading up S.W.O.R.D. after the events of Endgame to better protect Earth from outer world threats.  It also opens up the MCU to more cosmic/space based movies and characters. 

I'm also kinda glad the multi-verse angle from the trailer was a fake out.  Maybe they can still do that later down the line.

Edited by drowland