Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Cleveland.com: Cleveland Browns and GM Ray Farmer facing possible suspension, fine, loss of draft pick for 'Textgate'

Boss_Hogg

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2015/02/cleveland_browns_ray_farmer_su.html

CLEVELAND, Ohio -- The Browns and general manager Ray Farmer are facing possible sanctions from the NFL for "Textgate," including a multigame suspension for Farmer, and a fine and loss of draft pick for the Browns, league sources told Northeast Ohio Media Group.

The investigation -- one of three "integrity of the game" probes currently underway in the NFL -- is expected to be wrapped up soon, as early this week or next week.

NEOMG reported on Jan. 6 that a Browns"high-ranking personnel member texted from the press box to the sidelines about playcalls'' during a game, which was one of the reasons former offensive coordinator Kyle Shanahan, now with the Falcons, felt that working for the Browns had become dysfunctional for him.

Horrible off season for the Browns so far. 

Farmer presumably guilty of texting coaches and could lose a draft pick

Manziel in rehab. 

Gordon lost for the year and won't be back with the team. 

Once again, parted ways with coaches (Kyle)

Rumors of their first round draft pick Justin Gilbert being a jerk and hard to work with

Jordan Cameron wants out

At first glance of their schedule next year, they could actually go win-less. 

I am a Skins fan, but I can proudly say 'at least I am not a Browns fan'

Yeah, there's not a separate thread, but the Falcons situation could get ugly. Pumping "crowd noise" into the stadium for the last 2 years? Wow...

Commissioner Gordon will have some decisions to make on penalties for both Cleveland & Atlanta. It will be interesting to see what he decides to do to each team. 

^^^I don't know. Let's ask Jim Zorn.

there was the swinging gate :P 

oh remember that one sunday nght game in 2007 against the giants when they were apparently opening the gates in the lower level whenever we would be about to kick a FG or extra point, to let the wind mess us up? it didnt mess us up though cause we won like 24-13 or somethin like that...but that could be the gategate :lol:

What are the other two "integrity of the game" investigations? I assume one of them is the deflating of the balls, what's the third?

Also, thank you to the Browns, the only organization that can make Washington look better.

What are the other two "integrity of the game" investigations? I assume one of them is the deflating of the balls, what's the third?

Also, thank you to the Browns, the only organization that can make Washington look better.

The Falcons pumping in faux crown noise. 

The NFL should check with Seattle on that one too. 

The Falcons pumping in faux crown noise. 

The NFL should check with Seattle on that one too.

The Seahawks have been accused for years of pumping in crowd noise. All the way back to their KingDome days.

I don't think they have ever been punished for it because the NFL has never found any concrete evidence that they were doing such a thing, have they?

• 2 weeks later...

Knowing how the league has it in for the REDSKINS, Cleveland will probably trade their two first round picks to us for our #5, then, the league will take away one of those two picks after Cleveland has picked saying it is the REDSKINS problem for making a trade for a pick that the NFL was removing.  So, the browns would get #5, pick #12 is eliminated and the REDSKINS get pick #19.

Archived