Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Grilling and Cooking Thread

steve09ru

12 minutes ago, skinsmarydu said:

Soooo...what flavor Mio is that?  🤔

Should be a light vinegar based tang with little Italian and a more typical steak seasoning flavor (with the smoke).  Did very light on most (1/2 tsp) except for the pit boss/Mitchell and garlic where I went about 1.5-2 tbsp

Edited by steve09ru

2 minutes ago, steve09ru said:

Should be a light vinegar base with little Italian and a more typical steak seasoning flavor (with the smoke).  Did very light on most (1/2 tsp) except for the pit boss/Mitchell and garlic where I went about 1.5-2 tbsp

I was kind of joking...saw it back there on the right and wondered if that had anything to do with everything else  :)

21 minutes ago, skinsmarydu said:

I was kind of joking...saw it back there on the right and wondered if that had anything to do with everything else  :)

Oh ****- completely missed the Mio on that post haha 😂 but tropical punch I believe 

update: orange tangerine

Edited by steve09ru
  • Haha 1

On 8/25/2021 at 10:36 AM, skinsmarydu said:

@BatteredFanSyndrome, would you mind sharing your chimichurri sauce? 

I’m not a big exact measurement guy, but it goes something like this:

2 bunches Italian parsley finely chopped

1 bunch cilantro finely chopped

1 packet of fresh oregano chopped

8 cloves of garlic chopped

1 shallot finely diced

1/2 Fresno chile finely diced

Large pinch of red pepper flakes

1/2 lemon, squeezed

1/4 cup red wine vinegar

1/2 cup good olive oil

Salt and pepper

If not loose enough, add more vinegar/oil as needed to get proper consistency.

Edited by BatteredFanSyndrome
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Playing golf this afternoon so I had to pay the wife off by making some enchiladas in advance that she can just throw in the oven.  Seasoned some boneless chicken thighs and put them in the instapot with a little enchilada sauce and bone broth.  So tender.  Also made some pico and guac.

44DE3440-48D9-4ECE-B943-81F8972DCAE0.jpeg

Edited by BatteredFanSyndrome
  • Like 4

19 minutes ago, LadySkinsFan said:

Thanks for this video! I'm making this recipe in the oven. I was going to try another recipe but there were a lot of steps. This one is much easier, so many thanks! I'll post a photo when it's done in a few hours. 

Right on. He's very soothing, so unlike his irritating brother.  

• Like 1

If you bought chicken from 2009 to 2020, you may qualify for cash settlement

If you purchased chicken in specific states, including North Carolina, from 2009 through 2020, you may be eligible to receive a payment from a $181 million class action settlement.

According to the Broiler Chicken Antitrust Litigation class action claim website, "End-User Consumer Plaintiffs allege that Defendants and their co-conspirators conspired to restrict the supply of, and fix, raise and stabilize the price of chicken, as of January 1, 2009, in violation of federal and state consumer and antitrust laws."

Those eligible for the settlement, include "persons and entities who indirectly purchased fresh or frozen raw chicken (defined as whole birds (with or without giblets), whole cut-up birds purchased within a package, or "white meat" parts including breasts and wings (or cuts containing a combination of these), but excluding chicken that is marketed as halal, kosher, free range, or organic)," according to the settlement announcement.

The following states are included in the lawsuit: California, District of Columbia, Florida, Hawaii, Illinois, Iowa, Kansas, Maine, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, Oregon, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Utah, and Wisconsin.

Shoppers can see more information, check claim eligibility and file a claim by Dec. 31, 2022, at overchargedforchicken.com or by calling 1-877-888-5428.

Click on the link for more info

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/15/2015 at 11:12 AM, jpage520 said:

I finally went out and bought a wok. Found a real cheap one, but it does the trick. Sure it won't last long. But holy crap. I'll never not have one again. Made a stir fry the other night and it was fantastic. Can't wait to experiment with fried rice and some other recipes.

What is wok hei?

Stir frying, the cornerstone of Cantonese cooking, is all about wok hei, that complex charred aroma that fleetingly cloaks the piping-hot stir-fries served in Cantonese restaurants. The hallmark of an outstanding chef, wok hei - literally translated as ‘breath of a wok’ - results from a complex interplay of factors that is part science, part art, part magic.

How do you get it?

Traditional woks are made from cast iron or crude iron, and must be seasoned with oil or pork fat before use. With regular use the wok develops a patina of hardened oil that seals off the pores in the steel, preventing food from sticking.

Wok hei can only be achieved under conditions of intense heat, at levels that are difficult to achieve without a commercial cooking range. The wok should always be heated until it just begins to smoke before adding cold oil. Never heat up the oil together with the wok or the food will stick and begin to char.

Or, if you are PB….

Edited by PleaseBlitz
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

For the first time in my life, I have to buy a microwave oven. Never have had to. Every place I’ve lived has had a perfectly acceptable microwave present. 

apart from buttons, I’ve never noticed a difference how well a microwave heats food. In fact, at work, one kitchen has a microwave from the 90s that still works just fine. 

is there a point to spending over $500 on a microwave??

1 hour ago, Elessar78 said:

For the first time in my life, I have to buy a microwave oven. Never have had to. Every place I’ve lived has had a perfectly acceptable microwave present. 

apart from buttons, I’ve never noticed a difference how well a microwave heats food. In fact, at work, one kitchen has a microwave from the 90s that still works just fine. 

is there a point to spending over $500 on a microwave??

If you spend more than $100, you've lost your mind.

• Like 2

My wife bought a super cheap $25 microwave for work 5-6 years ago. She bought it home 3 years ago and we use it every day. We want a better one, but this works just fine. It just needs a little extra time to cook. If something tells us to heat for a minute,  we heat for 1:30. We have had way better microwaves and enjoyed them much more, but we have better ways to spend our money currently.

• Like 3