Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Mike Shanahan prediction thread

Tsailand

Which team will have a better 2016 regular season record?  

109 members have voted

1. 1. Which team will have a better 2016 regular season record?

• The Redskins
    • Whatever team Mike Shanahan is the head coach for
    • They'll have the same record
    • Mike Shanahan won't be a head coach in 2016

Yup, another one of these prediction thread polls.

I read today that Old Lobersterface has already interviewed for multiple head coaching jobs, which tells me that NFL teams aren't holding his debacle here against him.  This confirms something that we already knew -- failing with the Snyder-owned Washington Redskins doesn't mean you are a failure, because everyone fails here.  It just means you were here.

So I expect Shanny will get another shot.  And I expect the 2015 season will be bad, because he'll inherit a bad team.  But I expect he will turn it around, and he'll have a respectable 2016.  Maybe not playoffs, but at least a playoff contender until week 15 or 16.  And I expect the Redskins will continue to be bad with RG3 in 2015, and then be bad with a different QB (but the same lack of an O-line) in 2016.

What do you expect?

Shanahan wasn't the problem. I suspect his new team will do better than us. So will 28 other teams.

Shanahan was certainly part of the problem. This idea that he was squeaky clean here is hilarious considering Pat Bowlen fired him for the same exact reasons he got fired here.

If he goes to SF, they'll be better. I don't see Balke giving him full roster control like he demanded here and in Denver, which ironically would help him by saving him from himself in. If he goes to Chicago, I see a mild uptick for them, followed by crash and burn.

Yeah who cares? We should focus on our own team, but I do think Shanahan will be a HC next season and I think he'll do pretty good with a decent DC. If he lands a job where somebody else picks his DC I think he could field a playoff team. Now if we pick a decent DC we might actually do pretty well too, let's just hope so and just wish eachother success instead of salivating over who gets to be King of Craptonia.

He's 123-121 without elway over his career, so 8-8 is a safe bet.

Well, that's a buttload better than us.

Shanahan was certainly part of the problem. This idea that he was squeaky clean here is hilarious considering Pat Bowlen fired him for the same exact reasons he got fired here.

Nobody said squeaky clean.

I'll take the field.  Especially if he gets Buffalo.

However, I reserve the right to withdrawal my prediction if Bob Slowick is anywhere on that defense.  He's one of the few guys who could **** up that defensive line.

Shanny will be back winning in the NFL long before the skins. Only mistake he made was underestimating what the CAP WAS when he took over and getting caught trying to deal with it. Then the RGIII BS where he has been vindicated if NOT RECOGNIZED for making Honey outa crap. Along with taking over HAZ's signal calling....NOW you know why..HAHAHAH

This idea the PLAYERS have to love the coach is BS..they love the Money and fame that comes from winning.

Glad to see his and Kyles's careers weren't effected by the Washington's Fan's dysfunction

Ole Lobsterface shouldn't get another gig, honestly. But I'm sure some desperate organization, in a last ditch effort to save face, will hire him. Yeah, I'm looking at you SF ;)

Buffalo has a new owner and he's swung and missed at everything so far.

Shanny will be back winning in the NFL long before the skins. Only mistake he made was underestimating what the CAP WAS when he took over and getting caught trying to deal with it. Then the RGIII BS where he has been vindicated if NOT RECOGNIZED for making Honey outa crap. Along with taking over HAZ's signal calling....NOW you know why..HAHAHAH

This idea the PLAYERS have to love the coach is BS..they love the Money and fame that comes from winning.

Glad to see his and Kyles's careers weren't effected by the Washington's Fan's dysfunction

This is a joke, correct?

Nope. Serious as a heart attack. *I* Liked Shanny and especially Kyle and wish them both well. They were screwed here IMHO

Well, Shanahan had complete control of personnel decisions as well as being the head coach & he finished dead last in 3 of his 4 seasons. I'm sure that the salary cap penalties hindered his ability to fix the roster to his liking, I give him that much credit.

Nope. Serious as a heart attack. *I* Liked Shanny and especially Kyle and wish them both well. They were screwed here IMHO

Ya, I don't have the time to explain the lunacy of that position with regards to Mike.

If you don't see it now, you cannot be reached.

Archived