Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Zoony Bin: The official '15 offseason Twitter thread, Whine room now open serving Francis Copious Speculation Cab, Lavar buffet Incl., tips included

SWFLSkins

That's pretty extreme. There is a middle between a Haynesworth and a Lavauo. Do you sign a Suh for 50mil guaranteed? Or do you go get a Mike Iupati AND Dan Williams, AND Rahim Moore while all fill needs and would be 3 starters for the price of 1 superstar.

If we get those 3 I won't complain a bit although Suh would have a MUCH bigger impact. I don't believe signing Suh would preclude the others necessarily with our upcoming cap situation. I do understand your point though I'm just afraid of the team falling into the trap of signing players just because they're cheap. I'm just imagining what having Suh for the most productive part of his career AND having 50+ mil to spend next season after contract extensions. I get how people would be hesitant but signing him would still leave us with our best cap outlook in years. I can dream can't i lol

If we get those 3 I won't complain a bit although Suh would have a MUCH bigger impact. I don't believe signing Suh would preclude the others necessarily with our upcoming cap situation. I do understand your point though I'm just afraid of the team falling into the trap of signing players just because they're cheap. I'm just imagining what having Suh for the most productive part of his career AND having 50+ mil to spend next season after contract extensions. I get how people would be hesitant but signing him would still leave us with our best cap outlook in years. I can dream can't i lolu

Well the roughly $65m or so I threw out there was before signing any FAs this off-season. So if we signed SUh to a deal like $15-20m a year plus other FAs this year, we'd have a lot less than $50m, especially if, in order to sign some of those FAs, we push their money into next year

I don't think McCloughin can afford to get Suh this year even if he wanted him. I'm not talking money, but precedent. When you start out at a job your first moves count a lot. If McCloughin wants to be the disciplined investor and break Snyder of the candy habit he'll never have more an ability to make a stand than during his first year.

To get Suh would take us back to the same road and even be a confirmation of sorts to a guy like Snyder. It would suggest that his approach had been correct, but that he was bitten by lady luck or bad coaching. Right now, this year is the most important want to have a plan, be smart and stick to it. You don't start changing the culture the second year in. Once you compromise, every subsequent compromise becomes easier.

I don't think McCloughin can afford to get Suh this year even if he wanted him. I'm not talking money, but precedent. When you start out at a job your first moves count a lot. If McCloughin wants to be the disciplined investor and break Snyder of the candy habit he'll never have more an ability to make a stand than during his first year.

To get Suh would take us back to the same road and even be a confirmation of sorts to a guy like Snyder. It would suggest that his approach had been correct, but that he was bitten by lady luck or bad coaching. Right now, this year is the most important want to have a plan, be smart and stick to it. You don't start changing the culture the second year in. Once you compromise, every subsequent compromise becomes easier.

Ugh, if McCloughin cares about what we think, then I don't want him here (yes, hyperbole).  One of the main things was to be independent, whether it's from Snyder or us.

I agree about having a plan, and I'm pretty staunchly opposed to Suh being here (I just don't like the guy and don't think that he's going to single-handedly turn us around with the money that we could spend elsewhere), but I want McCloughin to only do what he thinks is right.  I think that we're destined to fail (not hyperbole) if he doesn't.

Ugh, if McCloughin cares about what we think, then I don't want him here (yes, hyperbole).  One of the main things was to be independent, whether it's from Snyder or us.

I agree about having a plan, and I'm pretty staunchly opposed to Suh being here (I just don't like the guy and don't think that he's going to single-handedly turn us around with the money that we could spend elsewhere), but I want McCloughin to only do what he thinks is right.  I think that we're destined to fail (not hyperbole) if he doesn't.

It's not what we think. The precedent has to be set within Redskins Park. Coaches, owners, and the front office have a sugar addiction. If McCloughin feeds them sugar on the first trip to the store they will be expecting and demanding candy every time they get in the car.

You've got to set a tough standard first.

It's not what we think. The precedent has to be set within Redskins Park. Coaches, owners, and the front office have a sugar addiction. If McCloughin feeds them sugar on the first trip to the store they will be expecting and demanding candy every time they get in the car.

You've got to set a tough standard first.

Yes. Now, one thing Bruce has done mostly well is not giving one FA that insane deal that Vinny/Danny were handing out. However, when you look at the top teams in the league, their reps aren't the guys who overpay every year for FAs. Right now that still is the rep in Washington. It is easier to start out as the hard ass and then ease up as your team is improving and need that guy to get over the top.

Ian Rapoport @RapSheet 5m5 minutes ago

(Googles the name) RT @knoxbardeen: Corey Grant just ran a blazing fast 40 at Auburn’s Pro Day. Checked w/ 3 scouts: 4.19, 4.24, 4.27.

Washington Redskins @Redskins 9m9 minutes ago

#TuesdayTalk: What are your thoughts on #Redskins decision to not use #FranchiseTag? http://redsk.in/1Ef2U8k 

B_MI2mQU0AA6Y7K.jpg

Emmanual Benton @Manny_PPI 10m10 minutes ago

One thing that I’m starting to hear from scouts I talk to is that teams aren’t as high on Shane Ray and Danny Shelton in top-10 as most.

Pro Football Focus @PFF 1m1 minute ago

Top 5 under-the-radar free agents regardless of position: https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2015/03/03/pff-free-agency-live-chat/ 

Ed Werder @Edwerderespn 8m8 minutes ago

Sources expect DeMarco Murray to remain with #Cowboys if offer equal or similar to what he attracts as UFA. His salary ranked 23rd at RB

One of the main reasons why I said priority b4 UFA.RT @ESPN_NFLNation: Tight end Niles Paul will be on Falcons' radar http://es.pn/1KdSICu 

@Russellmania980 @ESPN_NFLNation Skins most likely to lock him up, Reed uncertain starter, Paul Teamer, too valuable to let him go.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/162788/tight-end-niles-paul-will-be-on-falcons-radar

Pass-rusher Brian Orakpo isn't the only Washington Redskins player the Atlanta Falcons will look into once the free-agent negotiating period begins Saturday. 

It's a safe bet the Falcons will express interest in tight end Niles Paul, if Paul is not re-signed before then. The 6-foot-1, 245-pound Paul is one of several tight ends headed for free agency who has played in Falcons offensive coordinator Kyle Shanahan's scheme. The others includeJordan Cameron of the Cleveland Browns and Owen Daniels of the Baltimore Ravens. Cameron has had concussion issues, while Daniels will turn 33 during the 2015 season. 

Paul

Paul, who turns 26 in August, wouldn't be a flashy pickup, but the Falcons aren't expected to invest heavily in a top tight end, such as Denver's Julius Thomas. However, Paul, a former fifth-round draft pick who just completed his fourth NFL season, would be more than capable of playing his role. 

Report: Cowboys Agree To A Four-Year, $13.6M Contract With WR Cole Beasley http://bit.ly/1FShP77 

Jason Taylor was almost 35 years old, Suh is a future HoFer in his mid 20s. We have so much cap space in the near future that now is the time to take chances on guys who can truly turn this team around.

I understand Taylor was olders when he got here, but he left here and still had 2-3 more productive seasons in the league. The problem this team has had over the years is we take guys from one system and try to squeeze them into ours and then wonder why it doesn't work. A DT in a 4-3 and a NT in a 3-4 are 2 totally different positions. Sure, you'd like to think Suh could be of use to our defense, but if I'm spending that type of money, I want a guy who I know for a fact and play in my system. Detroit used a 4-3 with Suh. I'm just worried we're going back to the "square peg into a round hole" crap that we've been doing for the past decade.

I have zero doubts about Suh's ability to perform, don't get me wrong. I just don't know if our system is the best one for his skills.

Archived