Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

So who is gonna be the QB then?

RichmondRedskin88

For me, it doesn't matter who's under center. I feel like all 3 can perform above average if they can have decent O Line play. These next couple drafts will be telling of how this team will look. They need to pick the best available player on the board....and i hope it's a lineman or a safety.

KC all day long right now. Gruden can fix what's wrong with KC. RG3 is proving the NFL level QB position requires more than his brain can handle. Gruden can work with KC's reading ability tho. Other than straight away speed and quickness, KC holds every other category against Bob.

Ok, so Griffin looked better vs Giants but he hasn't won a game since November 2013.  That is almost unheard of!!!  What other starting QB has gone over a year without winning a single start or finish???  He may make some nice plays here and there but we never win with Griffin!

While other teams are adopting and having success with spread and zone-read concepts from college. We are throwing away one of the best prospects that already not only understands those concepts but executed them at an elite level. What is the football reason (because there seem to be personal reasons as well) for throwing Griffin away? The offense the current HC runs is unwilling to adapt to suit the former potential franchise QB. Meanwhile, Chip Kelly is taking the spread and zone-read and using them as the foundation of an offense that has resurrected the careers of 2 middling journeymen in Nick Foles and Mark Sanchez. Other teams are following suit like the Dolphins.

This, this, a thousand times this. Makes me want to cry.

Top 5 offensive production to date by the redskins:

1. against the Eagles -511 yards (Kirk Cousins)

2. Jacksonville Jaguars-449 yards(Kirk Cousins)

3.Indianapolis Colts-425 yards(Colt McCoy)

4.Dallas Cowboys-409 yards (Colt McCoy)

5. Arizona Cardinals-407 yards(Kirk Cousins).

3/5 by Kirk Cousins. His worst production was against the Seahawks at 307 yards .  Kirk threw 3 ints against Arizona, yet the offense was still moving.  

3/5 by Kirk Cousins. His worst production was against the Seahawks at 307 yards .  Kirk threw 3 ints against Arizona, yet the offense was still moving.  

This is about as unscientific as it gets but it feels right.  Maybe it was because it was early in the season (seems like a lifetime ago), but the offense seemed to have potential with Kirk in there. Hell, we even had Garcon and Jackson each going over a 100yds in the first Eagle game.  Sounds like an impossible dream these days!

Things just seemed to be clicking in the early going with Kirk.  I'm rooting for him to get another shot and if feels like he has a better upside than Colt. He's certainly got the better arm,... which is my #1 gripe with Colt.

There will be months of second guessing this offseason, but in hindsight, I feel like Gruden gave up on Kirk too quickly.

Yeah, I think I saw, somewhere else, where we've had three games this year where our QB had a rating over 100. Two of them were Kirk. And they were against Philly and Seattle.

I agree, it was a lifetime ago, but I thought we looked like a playoff team, against Philly. On both sides of the ball.

It's almost funny seeing people on here bash Gruden's offense.  Beginning of the season this team was on fire.  This is a product of lack of depth, lack of players in their prime (players in 5th to 7th year - see Vinny) and lack of overall talent inside the numbers.  This line is built to zone run block.  Gruden is a west coast guy-and this team has no identity except for when Kirk was in. 

I hope Kirk gets another shot.  Though I really question the mental toughness, especially since they haven't even activated him since RG was healthy.  That says the most to me out of all of it - I don't think Gruden believes the qb of the future is on this team. 

Yeah, I think I saw, somewhere else, where we've had three games this year where our QB had a rating over 100. Two of them were Kirk. And they were against Philly and Seattle.

I agree, it was a lifetime ago, but I thought we looked like a playoff team, against Philly. On both sides of the ball.

The Skins went into Philly and Seattle believing they could win, and they played their best 2 games of the season.  The team that played those games is a 10-6 team.  Now they are playing like an 0-16 team. 

Then maybe Qb isn't our problem, how about we look at our system....How do the Iggles put in any QB in their system and it seems to run ok?  

I'd take Mariotta in a heart beat, however, it doesn't fix our major O-line problems.  I'd rather struggle another year with RG and use all of our picks in 2015 to help fix our major issues.  Landon Collins anyone??

The Eagles have a better team than we have that's why. With our crap line Brady and Payton would struggle. Maybe a qb like Rogers or Brees can function behind our line but RG3 and KC need a good pass blocking line. We were dumb drafting a qb before we had a line in place so now is the time to fix it. A good line improves a running game hence the passing game improves. The more time we spend on offense the defense rests so the O line is a priority.

Archived