Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

So who is gonna be the QB then?

RichmondRedskin88

Well its quite possible Colt can't make it so he will be inactive, which leaves Griffin and Cousins.

If the talk of the organization not in a position to put Griffin back in, is true, there's only 1 other, Cousins.

One thing that does raise question, is Reed being sent out on the #s instead of being at the LOS, to at least attempt a chip block or something; he's just not that type of TE. He's more of a reception TE, and with the way our line is being used, any TE who can half-ass block should be playing at the line, not out wide.

I don't trust system QB's like Mariotta anymore. The only way I would go QB in this year's draft is if there was a great prototypical NFL ready 6'5" QB to be had. Don't think Winston is the answer either. 

Then maybe Qb isn't our problem, how about we look at our system....How do the Iggles put in any QB in their system and it seems to run ok?  

I'd take Mariotta in a heart beat, however, it doesn't fix our major O-line problems.  I'd rather struggle another year with RG and use all of our picks in 2015 to help fix our major issues.  Landon Collins anyone??

No, we don't draft a QB. Roll these 3 back out again next year with an open compeition in TC and the preseason. QB is a problem, but it's far from the only or major problem with this team. OL, DL, LB, CB, and S are all far more pressing needs than QB.

I would agree with this 100%. But I do think Gruden and RG3 need to part ways.

As much as it pains me to say it, I don't think there is any way that Griffin survives here.  The environment around he and this team is just too toxic. He needs a fresh start if he ever expects to return to what he was in 2012.  With that said, I would not be opposed to seeing us land Bradford as a stopgap, or just go into next season with Colt and Kirk fighting for #1 and #2 and that's it.  

No QB is going to survive here until we build the foundation first (O-Line).  I wouldn't like us drafting Marriota or Winston.  From what I have read, neither seem to really be worth a top-5 pick; and are only projected as such because of the weak draft class at QB and the number of teams desperate for one. 

You need to start Kirk Cousins. Look, Colt is noodle arm and cannot make all the throws. If you look at Kirk's stats, he was probably throwing for 300 yards a game and averaging more than 8 yards per attempt. He was also on pace for 30 Td's. Yes he was on pace for 30 ints, but clearly without that issue he had elite numbers. Even against the Giants, the first half was very good. He had above 100 qb rating.

Somehow people seem to forget this and just look at the turnovers. There was a lot of good when he was in there, but a lot of bad as well.

I'd actually be cool with that.  It's probably an unpopular opinion though.

Cutler is getting up there a tad, but I could see it.  He has done alright this year.  Change of scenery might be nice for him at this point, Chicago has had a tough time re-establishing themselves in the post-Urlacher era, and it probably won't happen before Cutler turns 35.

Thing is, if I'm choosing between a healthy Bradford and Cutler, I probably fall towards Bradford.  Of course, you have to see how healthy he actually is first.

Somehow people seem to forget this and just look at the turnovers. There was a lot of good when he was in there, but a lot of bad as well.

The problem was less the turnovers and more the complete and total mental collapse he'd suffer every game after a couple mistakes.  If he could play a Favre-ian style of football, high risk but high reward, he'd be fine.

But he doesn't.  He plays like Favre for 15 minutes then throws a pick or fumbles and the mental house of cards collapses and errors compound.

If Cousins could get over his mental roadblock then I'd be more than happy to give him another shot.  The Cousins we saw for the vast majority of the Eagles game would be a welcome QB to add to the roster.  The problem is we tend to get closer to the Giants Cousins most weeks after a mistake or two.

Who cares?!?!?  as long as Jay Gruden is here we will continue to suck.  His offense isn't even vanilla…it's the fat free freezer burned one that has been in the aisle since the 80's.

I agree, Jay's offense is probably a results of him abanding the run game, and helter skelter play calling isn't helping one iota. 

With the right coaching, Kirk seems like the most salvageable of the piling heap of trash that is our QB situation. 

He has good mechanics and can make all the throws. But he also likes throwing it to the other team.

Not sure if that can be fixed at this point. You may able to cut down on his turnovers, but if that comes at the cost of his other skills, then he's also a pedestrian QB.

I would keep Kirk and let the other two go.

People seem to be employing Wile E. Coyote logic of treating bad plans and good plans that go badly the same way and discarding them immediately. The redskins have to find a QB. This is the NFL and just because you take a big expensive swing and miss doesn't mean you stop. Ask the Vikings what building a team without a QB gets you.

If the guy isn't in the roster the front office needs to find him because frankly there aren't so many chances to get a franchise QB that passing makes sense for any team that doesn't have one. If you get the chance, you take it. I'm not saying make a big trade again, that's a huge gamble? But they can't let RG3s failure decide that they should just stick to guys off the scrap heap until every other aspect of the team is perfect.

It comes down to Gruden and Allen, which is kind of terrifying to think about. They have to decide if they think any if these three can be the guy and if not formulate a plan to get someone they do like. I'd rather they fail trying to get the next great QB than trying to win with the next Mark Brunell (the Gibbs version, not the young one that actually was pretty good).

I hope KC or RG3 figures it out. I don't want to deal with another three years of wait and see. It's a long shot but if love to see it happen.

Well all know that if Colt can't go then Griffin will be starting.

That is tough, I guess the worse thing that could happen is Rob looking worse than he already does (is this even possible?) then we lose more trade value for him. Of course, he could come in and play well, which would not be a bad scenario either (although less likely).

I am of opinion the decision to bench him with 5 games to go was to save any trade value he may have left.

You would think a good coach would just come out and say, look Colt is hurt, we are preparing with Robert. End of story move on to Giants....it really is that simple.

Not when you have ZERO faith in Rob.

I find it so funny that people are like "TAKE AN OL" "TAKE THIS TAKE THAT"

QB makes bad OLs look good.  QB makes bad wrs look good.  Heck QB makes bad defenses look good.

Heres how I look at it, if we can get Mariotta, grab him.  Pass on Hundley and Winston and the rest.

Now, if we can get Sam Bradford for cheap or if the rams cut him, snag him.  Stafford was always injured and look how hes bounced back.  But if we dont get Bradford(edit for Freudian Slip), I dont want freaking Mccoy, or RG out there next year, itll be bad bad bad.  Cousins I think deserves another chance just because look at Lucks first year, he threw a bazillion interceptions as well.  I think that can be fixxed. 

Also, what about Connor Cook?  Im not familliar with him but I hear hes good from what I have been told. I hate Michigan State too, so Im biased, but I hear hes good...

Archived