Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I'm back, ladies and gents

Sherlock Holmes

Would you be happy, accept, or even acquiesce to the following...  

70 members have voted

1. 1. RG3 traded for one 4th round pick

• Yessir
    • Nossir

Call me crazy, but after everything we traded to get him, I like the idea of at the very least keeping him as a backup.

I had a crazy thought watching the real McCoy play, that one day RG3 will return, and be the player we hoped he'd be...

He could yet be a franchise quarterback, he has plenty of years left in him. Perhaps a while on the bench and learning more will allow him to develop. He has talent, that's for sure, and when it's working (2012), he has a big arm.

On the other hand, he may well snap like a twig when he next plays...

No on a trade. Keep him through 2015, let him win his spot in camp. It's too early in this system to give up on him yet given what we gave up, and what we saw in 2012, and this year got blown to hell with the ankle injury. He's signed through 2015 anyway.

Trade him before that and I'm P.O.'d!

I return to you now, in your time of need...

I suppose I should start a meaningful discussion, to validate my post. So here it is, a poll, and a fairly simple one to boot.

Whew!! I'm glad your back man, I can sleep a little better tonight. 

No seriously who are you? You're not "the" Sherlock Holmes?

As for your poll question to "validate my post", NO!!!

Who the heck knows maybe this season was a blessing in disguise to strengthen RG3's mind and body.

Figure out a way to increase his value then trade him.  I don't care how you do it, but do it.  Wait until you play the Jags again and stick him in the lineup then tell everyone that he's the best QB on the roster in hope some idiot believes you and offers a higher draft pick.  There is no way the Redskins will get a 4th.

Best case scenario would be a straight up trade for Andy Dalton.  Who is clearly not the same without Jay.  He'd know Jay's offense, we wouldn't have to pay him a boat load of money (which is something we should steer clear of for any player with all the needs we have), and at least we'd be getting 2nd round value.  Let him, Colt, and Kirk battle it out.  Maybe keep all three around.  Today's NFL is all about attrition.  If QB1 goes down you better have a good QB2 or even a 3.  Marvin and Hue might feel like they can salvage Robert's game.  And maybe they could with a fresh start.

I don't think there's any way the team would get anything higher than a 5th right now.  Robert's clearly not the same athlete after the injuries and he hasn't gone to graduate school (Steve Young's choice of words) on how to be a solid NFL QB.  Plus there's the fear of the drama with more questions about one player than the other 52 each session.

Archived