Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Serialpodcast.org

Elessar78

• 2 weeks later...

It was Adnon and Jay. Conspiracy type stuff.

Just finished the podcasts. Binged all week on them. I think Adnon killed her but that Jay played a much bigger role in it than he claimed. That would make a lot of sense why his story was all over the place, if he was trying to lie to hide the fact that he helped kill her.

But yeah. Weird story. Tons of holes. I don't think that the case would have been beyond reasonable doubt if the defense had done a half decent job.

• 1 month later...

Has anyone listened to the new podcast called Undisclosed: The State vs. Adnan Syed. Looks like that lawyer Radia, and two of the lawyers from that group introduced later in the Serial podcast, have created their own podcast as a way to attack this case from a lawyer's perspective. 

They claim to have debunked alot of the prosecution's case already. Pretty interesting so far. It's only one episode and an addendum so far. 

Rabia is extremely biased so I have reservations to how honest they are being with this new podcast. Will still give it a listen later.

Yeah I stopped following her on Twitter awhile ago.

Can't say I'm too interested in this podcast. At least Serial was unbiased. I have no doubt as to which side this podcast is slanted.

I agree she is very biased, the other two on the podcast seem a bit more objective, with one proposing that Adnan may have actually did it. It was funny when he said it, because I'm sure Rabia wasn't happy about it. But nearly everything they say is intended to exonerate Adnan. Yet if they aren't wrong, what can you really say? So far they've proposed the event of Jay and Adnan visiting that one girl didn't happen on the day of the murder. And also, Adnan's track coach states he was at practice for the entire two hours. 

I'm not interested in listening to that Podcast. I was always kind of annoyed by Chadria ... I know she's the one who brought this all about and has been advocating for Adnan all along ... but a podcast discussion of the case led by her is just biased and ... that unbiased story-telling format is what made Serial so compelling.

• 1 month later...

Been meaning to comment in here about new info released by Undisclosed.

- Jen lead the police to Jay, in addition to helping him dispose off the clothes and shovel used to bury Hae. Jen also extremely disliked Hae.

- cleaned up audio of the Jay interrogations have revealed the two detectives created the narrative Jay used in his testimony.

- Adnan has a big chance in getting a new trial due to Aisha's testimony not being a part of the original trial.

• 1 month later...

Damnit.

I was really hoping to walk away from this with concrete "Adnan is {verdict}".  I have no idea what happened.

I do agree with you all that there was enough "WTF" in this case to have reasonable doubt.

I hope we find out what happened.  I think one or multiple people interviewed know what really happened, but no one is opening up.  This case needs a break.

I'm actually going through withdrawls.  What a brilliantly put together investigative piece.

• 1 month later...

http://gawker.com/new-evidence-in-favor-of-serials-adnan-syed-could-overt-1726401537

New Evidence in Favor of Serial's Adnan Syed Could Overturn Murder Conviction

On Monday, a lawyer filed a court motion that, if approved, could undermine the cellphone data used by prosecutors to convict Adnan Syed, the subject of of last year’s Serial podcast, over 15 years ago.

The motion focuses on the fact that, according to Syed’s attorney C. Justin Brown, the Baltimore police ignored the cell phone data’s cover sheet, which clearly stated that incoming call data is not reliable for pinning down the call’s location. And the cellphone data used in Syed’s case was, of course, from an incoming call.

From the appeal:

Advertisement

It is now known, however, that when AT&T provided the cellular tower data to the State, AT&T explicitly warned the State that: “
Outgoing cals only
are reliable for location status. Any incoming calls will NOT be considered reliable information for location.”... Despite this unambiguous warning, the State presented at trial evidence of incoming calls to determine location and used this to convict Syed. The State then relied on this supposed proof in arguments to the Post-Conviction Court.

The incoming call data was used by prosecutors to argue that Syed was clearly in the Leakin Park area the night police believe murder victim (and Syed’s ex-girlfriend) Hae Min Lee’s body was buried. According to The Baltimore Sun, “the fax cover sheet from AT&T was included in [original defense lawyer Cristina] Gutierrez’s file.” But the attorney simply “failed to act on it.” Just another misstep in a long line of ineffective counsel by Gutierrez, who died in 2004.

For those still following.  I think it's just a matter of time before he gets a new trial and gets acquitted.  Undisclosed has done a really good job of bringing forward new info that helps Adnan.

I've gone from thinking he did it (possibly with Jay's help).  To neither of them had anything to do with it at all.  Jay just got caught up in an attempt to cash in a reward.

For those still following.  I think it's just a matter of time before he gets a new trial and gets acquitted.  Undisclosed has done a really good job of bringing forward new info that helps Adnan.

I've gone from thinking he did it (possibly with Jay's help).  To neither of them had anything to do with it at all.  Jay just got caught up in an attempt to cash in a reward.

This is exactly my thinking right now. I was never fully believing he did it, but I knew he should've never been convicted based upon the Serial podcast. The Undisclosed podcast, although not as entertaining, has completely ripped apart the State's case and really has me wondering how the two detectives and the prosecutors aren't either in jail themselves, or at least disbarred. 

Here are all the things they did, which if Guiterrez wasn't a terrible lawyer and a thief, would've had this case thrown out:

- Zero physical evidence proving Adnan murdered Hae. 

- CDR evidence from AT&T is bunk, and doesn't prove he was anywhere near Leakin Park.

- The Detectives spoon-fed Jay the details he needed to fix his often changing story.

- Autopsy results prove Hae couldn't have been squeezed into a trunk for half a day before being buried. Completely proving Jay's testimony that Adnan showed him Hae's body in the trunk as false. 

- Brady violations out the wazoo. Chief among them, the detectives not handing over all of their documentation and evidence until half way through the second trial. 

- And a history of the two detectives having cases overturned because they were far too concerned with just getting a conviction, regardless of whether they convicted the right person, than actually finding the criminal who committed the crime. 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

"Serial” Update: We Need To Talk About Hae’s Boyfriend Don

If you were really a fan of the Serial podcast, then your obsession with the Adnan Syed case didn’t end when Sarah Koenig signed off the air still unclear herself on Syed’s guilt or innocence. No, if you were truly gripped by the case of a high school senior who was convicted of killing his ex girlfriend in 1999, then you’ve been listening to Undisclosed, the followup podcast from three lawyers (including a friend of Syed’s) who believe Syed is innocent. And if you’re really, really, really invested in this case, as I am — for all sorts of reasons, but mainly because of the detailed glimpse it gives into the criminal justice system — then you’ve also been listening to the Serial Dynasty, a podcast started by a Serial fan named Bob Ruff. Over time, Ruff — who also believes Syed is innocent in Hae Min Lee’s death — has become one of the more productive “citizen detectives” delving into this case, conducting interviews with various sources/experts and helping to uncover what could be damning information about the State’s case. And on yesterday’s podcast, he dropped a pretty major bombshell about one mysterious key figure — Hae Min Lee’s boyfriend at the time of her murder, a guy named Don.

But before I get to that, a quick word about Serial Dynasty and Bob Ruff. As of next week, the Serial Dynasty will be called the Truth & Justice Podcast, a move that will distance it from Serial, which is currently at work on a second and third season, and speaks to Ruff’s larger goal of investigating other possible wrongful convictions. Ruff, who works on arson investigations for his day job, is emotional in his convictions, apologizes when he swears, and quite dramatically refers to his listeners as an “army” with their goal of seeing Syed released as a “movement.” His genuine-seeming disgust with the tactics used by the police and the prosecutor in the Syed case, bolstered by the realization that these tactics are basically standard procedure, have seemingly inspired this side career in podcast activism — making him an easy target for Serial obsessed Reddit trolls. Personally, I’m amused by the guy’s folksiness and find his mid-life “wait, the system DOESN’T work?” epiphany to be both endearingly and annoyingly earnest. He’s not a lawyer, so I don’t take his assertions nearly as seriously as I do those from Undisclosed’s Susan Simpson or Colin Miller, but it’s worth noting that all of these advocates for Adnan have paid attention to, and even shared and compared the information they’ve gathered, with Simpson and Miller cosigning the validity of much of Ruff’s work. (Whether you take Simpson and Miller seriously, of course, is another matter, but for the record, I do.)

Over the last few months, after reaching the concrete conclusion that Adnan Syed is innocent, Ruff has largely been focusing his efforts on investigating other possible suspects, which isn’t easy considering this case stretches all the way back to 1999. But there’s one obvious person to start with — Hae Min Lee’s boyfriend at the time of her death, a guy named Don. Serial fans will likely remember Don, or more specifically, remember that there’s not much TO remember about him because the police ruled him out as a suspect almost immediately, focusing on Syed instead. Don and Hae met at LensCrafters, where they both worked. Don’s alibi for the afternoon of January 13, when Lee disappeared, was that he was at work, which was confirmed to police by a LensCrafters manager. What was not revealed on Serial, but is corroborated by the police and prosecutorial casework, is the following:

Over the last few months, after reaching the concrete conclusion that Adnan Syed is innocent, Ruff has largely been focusing his efforts on investigating other possible suspects, which isn’t easy considering this case stretches all the way back to 1999. But there’s one obvious person to start with — Hae Min Lee’s boyfriend at the time of her death, a guy named Don. Serial fans will likely remember Don, or more specifically, remember that there’s not much TO remember about him because the police ruled him out as a suspect almost immediately, focusing on Syed instead. Don and Hae met at LensCrafters, where they both worked. Don’s alibi for the afternoon of January 13, when Lee disappeared, was that he was at work, which was confirmed to police by a LensCrafters manager. What was not revealed on Serial, but is corroborated by the police and prosecutorial casework, is the following:

More from the link, 

• 1 month later...

Archived