Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Schefter and Russell Reporting DeAngelo Hall re-tore his Achilles

Bliz

Just some perspective....he has a chance to come back and still play at a good enough level(though like at safety as you alluded to).

I say this because I THINK the Eagles All Pro Jason Peters tore his achilles twice in the same sequence as Deangelo a few years ago.

Age and position play a factor.  CB is a more highly skilled position then OT.  Leon Hall came back from an achilles injury and regained his form, but he was also in his mid 20s.  Not saying Hall can't do it, but tough for a guy in his 30s.  Either way the Redskins should prepare not to have him in the future.  Then if he makes it back and can still play it's a bonus.  

Needless to say, this is very bad news. 9 month rehab on the re-tear. For a 31 year old CB, there has to be concern this could be a career-ender

Sad to hear. Don't think he'll be on the roster next season.

With 2 Achilles tears to the same foot?  I'm with these guys.  It looks like its over for him here.

Quick question - whenever Deangelo does hang up the cleats, has he had a Ring of Fame worthy career in DC? 

I"m torn on that one.

With 2 Achilles tears to the same foot? I'm with these guys. It looks like its over for him here.

Quick question - whenever Deangelo does hang up the cleats, has he had a Ring of Fame worthy career in DC?

I"m torn on that one.

Hmmmm don't know about that. I will say I have a lot of love for him if only for the fact he has basically shut Dez down for these years. I still haven't gave up on him returning, whether it be at CB or Safety. I think if he comes back at Safety and tears it up he is in the conversation for sure. I feel if he comes back at CB and gives us a couple more good years he is a lock also. Love him or hate him he has played his butt off for us.

Hmmmm don't know about that. I will say I have a lot of love for him if only for the fact he has basically shut Dez down for these years. I still haven't gave up on him returning, whether it be at CB or Safety. I think if he comes back at Safety and tears it up he is in the conversation for sure. I feel if he comes back at CB and gives us a couple more good years he is a lock also. Love him or hate him he has played his butt off for us.

Yeah, and don't forget about that 4 Interception game in Chicago a few years back.  Actually, he's had a few really stellar ballgames for us.  I've never been a D Hall hater...it's always been my view that he's one of those passionate in-your-face kinda guys every team needs.  Brian Mitchell was even more of a pot stirrer than Deangelo ever was.

Like I say, I'm torn (what kills it is the optic of his name next to Darrell Green in The Ring of Fame).

I"m torn on that one.

To be ROH worthy I think you need to be one or more of the following (with Sean Taylor being the obvious exception).

A) Be in the HOF

B) Be an important piece of winning teams

C) Hold NFL/Redskin records

D) Longevity with multiple pro-bowl/all-pro seasons

Hall tied a NFL record with his 4 INT game against the Bears.  Not sure if he holds any other Redskin records.  He's only been part of one team that made the playoffs and I believe he's only been to one pro-bowl while in DC.  

Based off that I'd say no.

Sad to hear that a fellow Redskin fan has had such bad luck.  He's been great on and off the field since he came here.

His contract is peanuts so I hope we keep him around as there's no sign, to this point, that he's lost a step.  See how he is when fully healthy and go from there.

To be ROH worthy I think you need to be one or more of the following (with Sean Taylor being the obvious exception).

A) Be in the HOF

B) Be an important piece of winning teams

C) Hold NFL/Redskin records

D) Longevity with multiple pro-bowl/all-pro seasons

Hall tied a NFL record with his 4 INT game against the Bears.  Not sure if he holds any other Redskin records.  He's only been part of one team that made the playoffs and I believe he's only been to one pro-bowl while in DC.  

Based off that I'd say no.

Interesting criteria.  Never really considered the metrics before, but thank you for that drowland.

Sad to hear that a fellow Redskin fan has had such bad luck.  He's been great on and off the field since he came here.

His contract is peanuts so I hope we keep him around as there's no sign, to this point, that he's lost a step.  See how he is when fully healthy and go from there.

Hall is signed through 2017 and will count $4.8 million against the salary cap next year. Wouldn't call that peanuts....

I like Hall more than most, and think he's been an excellent addition.  I'm not putting his name up in that ring with Darrell Green, Joe Gibbs, and other super important Redskins greats, though, no offense intended to Mr. Hall.  I think London Fletcher is kind of the minimum threshold point for legitimately debating ring of fame status, and he had a much greater impact over a greater period of time on this team.  (London for Ring of Fame, by the way)

One of the Skins guys on twitter who i believe does Skin's film break-downs (forget the name) mentioned how another NFLer did the same thing a few years and came back and is playing fine. I believe the players last name was Peters.

Then again, im assuming this Peters is younger than Hall. Still horrible to endure and i hope DHall can keep his spirits up. He's been a hell of a player and Redskin for us

Don't know if I missed it but has anyone stated how this happened? I know we have a lot of insiders here that may know what happened.

That's what I'm wondering.  That and why so few people are even asking.  By reading the posts you'd think he just hurt himself in the Cowboys game.

Interesting criteria.  Never really considered the metrics before, but thank you for that drowland.

Well that's the criteria I would use.  Really Dan Snyder can put whoever he wants in the ROF.  He made the call on Sean Taylor which was driven more by emotion.  Art Modell retired the # of Ernie Davis even though he never played a down in the NFL.  

Archived