Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2015 FA Thread - OP Updated - Signings: Paea, Knighton, Culliver, Johnson, McCoy, Hill, Goldson

DC9

You're doing a complete disservice to his work building the Bills and a Panther team that was within a field goal of beating Tom Brady and the Patriots with Jake Delhomme as the QB. 

Wow. We're giving him credit for what a team did 6 years after he left?

So Matt Millen built the Lions' playoff teams?

I'm not so sure how good Foerster was.  Name one lineman besides Silverback that the Redskins drafted for him that he developed into a good starter.  Aside from Trent Williams, the other four starters each year were Free Agents. 

That's kinda my point, there was only so much he could do with what he was given, which I don't think was much.  I don't think even Callahan was gonna turn Polumbus and Chester into good OL. 

That's kinda my point, there was only so much he could do with what he was given, which I don't think was much. I don't think even Callahan was gonna turn Polumbus and Chester into good OL.

Agreed but Callahan would have benched them earlier and allowed someone else to try...

No, that's my fault, I misspoke.  But they did get to the NFC Championship game with an expansion team in year 2. 

A team which then sank right back to the bottom of the league. It was the ultimate in "let's spend a ton of money, win now and not worry about the future" plan. They had one decent season at the expense of actually building something.

I don't have the stats to back me up, but from memory it just feels like he draws an above-average amount of 15-yarders.  I just wonder whether he is the best man to keep things cool on Sundays.

Yeah, I have the same impression.  A whole lot of after-the-whistle "activities". 

But I also agree with Greenie.  From what I've heard, D Hall is a leader on the team.  And this secondary could well need one. 

I agree that Hall, if healthy enough to play football again, is worth what he's making just for his impact on the young guys like Breeland, Amerson, and even our big $$ (comparatively) FA signing Culliver. Culliver specifically is still only 26 and has done and said a LOT of truly stupid, immature (and some would say ignorant) things in his few years as a professional DB. Hall can teach these guys a lot about how to work, how to study, how to go from a hotheaded punk to a passionate, respected veteran leader. Because he's done it in his career.

I don't think it's a good idea to build a team that way.

If he gets a leadership role later in the season I'm fine with that.  But it should be start with 91 or 52, for me.

Agree.  You give the title to the guy who already is the leader.  (And he's been doing a good job at it.) 

The FO has incentivised Knighton to get in shape, work his butt off & prove his worth between now & September.

I predict he will be on a longer term contract before this season ends.

Yep. 

He has millions of motivations. 

(Supposedly, we offered him less than half of what he was asking.  He agreed to take the lower salary, because he gets to be a Free Agent again, next year.  Let that sink in.  He took four million dollars less than he could have gotten, elsewhere, because he thinks he's going to have such a great year, that he'll get it back.) 

(And, if he doesn't?  Then we kick him to the curb, and he really hasn't cost anything.  I don't think any of his money is guaranteed.) 

That contract says a whole lot. 

Yep. 

He has millions of motivations. 

(Supposedly, we offered him less than half of what he was asking.  He agreed to take the lower salary, because he gets to be a Free Agent again, next year.  Let that sink in.  He took four million dollars less than he could have gotten, elsewhere, because he thinks he's going to have such a great year, that he'll get it back.) 

(And, if he doesn't?  Then we kick him to the curb, and he really hasn't cost anything.  I don't think any of his money is guaranteed.) 

That contract says a whole lot. 

i don't think he was getting offered from anyone and that is why he dismissed Oak and Den before coming here

Would love to pay him on a 4yr deal as he would have earned it this year.

i don't think he was getting offered from anyone and that is why he dismissed Oak and Den before coming here

Would love to pay him on a 4yr deal as he would have earned it this year.

Sure think I've read, in here, that he was asking $8M/year, and was offered like $7.5 per. 

Marshall gets a 5th

Wallace and a 7th gets a 5th

Yet peeps thought we were getting a 2nd for Garcon? :lol:

Never thought we'd get a 2nd for Garcon, but trade values are made up of a lot more than fantasy football rankings.  The issues involved with Wallace, Marshall and Harvin before them drove their value down. Garcon isn't the name any of them are, but should certainly be worth more in a trade than any of them.

Never thought we'd get a 2nd for Garcon, but trade values are made up of a lot more than fantasy football rankings.  The issues involved with Wallace, Marshall and Harvin before them drove their value down. Garcon isn't the name any of them are, but should certainly be worth more in a trade than any of them.

Garcon MIGHT get you a 4th under the very best, and most desperate of circumstances.

Garcon MIGHT get you a 4th under the very best, and most desperate of circumstances.

I wouldn't trade him.  I would figure out how the hell to use Garcon as a weapon in conjunction with Jackson.  There were times last year when it just seemed like they were both off doing their own thing, rather than one being used to help the other get open.

For whatever reason, and it could just be no trust in the QBs, it just seemed like the offense last year was completely reactionary, always letting the defense dictate what it could and couldn't do.  

Rather than dictating to the defense.  I hate that.  I blame Jay and McVay for that.  Though, in fairness, it's possible that they wanted to do other things, but the signal caller couldn't pull it off. 

Archived