Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Spider Nightmare

TD_washingtonredskins

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

SPIDER WITH A VENOMOUS BITE THAT ROTS HUMAN FLESH DISCOVERED IN MEXICO

Researchers in Mexico have identified a new species of spider with venom that is capable of rotting human flesh.

A team from the National Autonomous University of Mexico (UNAM) found the spider, dubbed Loxosceles tenochtitlan, in the Valley of Mexico—a highland plateau in the center of the country where Mexico City is located.

The spider was named after Tenochtitlan, the ancient capital city of the Aztec Empire.

The arachnid belongs to a genus, or group of species, known as Loxosceles—which are commonly referred to as recluse spiders, violin spiders, brown spiders, fiddle-backs or reapers. They are known for their venomous bites which, while not fatal, can cause necrosis in the skin, leaving a permanent scar.

According to the UNAM team, Mexico has the highest diversity of Loxosceles spiders in the world being home to around 40 of the 140 known species. The researchers say the newly identified species is the first that's considered native to the Valley of Mexico region.

Loxosceles_tenochtitlan-novataxa_2019-Va

The newly identified spider Loxosceles tenochtitlan.

Click on the link for the full article

Edited by China

Was going to say that sounds an awful lot like a recluse.

That being said, I'll take them over widows. They're a real problem out here. Almost got bit by one myself in the garage Spring of '18, hiding under a mulch bag when I was doing some gardening 

Edited by Mr. Sinister

10 hours ago, China said:

SPIDER WITH A VENOMOUS BITE THAT ROTS HUMAN FLESH DISCOVERED IN MEXICO

Researchers in Mexico have identified a new species of spider with venom that is capable of rotting human flesh.

A team from the National Autonomous University of Mexico (UNAM) found the spider, dubbed Loxosceles tenochtitlan, in the Valley of Mexico—a highland plateau in the center of the country where Mexico City is located.

The spider was named after Tenochtitlan, the ancient capital city of the Aztec Empire.

The arachnid belongs to a genus, or group of species, known as Loxosceles—which are commonly referred to as recluse spiders, violin spiders, brown spiders, fiddle-backs or reapers. They are known for their venomous bites which, while not fatal, can cause necrosis in the skin, leaving a permanent scar.

According to the UNAM team, Mexico has the highest diversity of Loxosceles spiders in the world being home to around 40 of the 140 known species. The researchers say the newly identified species is the first that's considered native to the Valley of Mexico region.

The newly identified spider Loxosceles tenochtitlan.

If you want to get to the real bad boy of the Sicariidae family of spiders (of which recluses are a part) then this is your guy:

72784226_159217198511769_3151201054025320471_n.jpg?_nc_ht=scontent-yyz1-1.cdninstagram.com&_nc_cat=109

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hexophthalma_hahni

They very rarely come into contact with humans (though you can buy them...and NO I definitely do not own one), are incredibly shy, and completely non-aggressive. But they may have the most toxic venom of any spider...many times more potent than a brown recluse and with the same necrotic effects. So they're probably the most venomous spider on earth, but certainly not the most dangerous. 

They're actually somewhat hilarious when they bury themselves.

Edited by mistertim

• 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Yo, if you scared of spiders, avoid walking over Woodrow Wilson Bridge at all costs. I've never seen so many of them in one place in my life.

Every light, the entire railing and fencing from VA to MD is just covered with them.  We lost, its their world, we just living in it.

1 hour ago, Renegade7 said:

Yo, if you scared of spiders, avoid walking over Woodrow Wilson Bridge at all costs. I've never seen so many of them in one place in my life.

Every light, the entire railing and fencing from VA to MD is just covered with them.  We lost, its their world, we just living in it.

Well, since there are approximately 37 billion acres of land on the earth, an approximately 1 million spiders per acre, that means that there are approximately 3.7 quadrillion spiders on earth.  It's been their world for a long time.  Just ask @mistertim

• Like 1

1 minute ago, China said:

Well, since there are approximately 37 billion acres of land on the earth, an approximately 1 million spiders per acre, that means that there are approximately 3.7 quadrillion spiders on earth.  It's been their world for a long time.  Just ask @mistertim

There's "you're right", then there's also "there's a spider tent on one of the overpass signs driving towards Virginia".

My wife asked "why doesn't Spiderman bite people?".  These are the type of questions that help keep life interesting and people alive.

Caught another nasty one in the shower this morning. Blood red with black spots on the legs. Probably posted about it in here before. Still havent been able to identify the species yet. Next time I catch one I'm gonna post it here.

Likes to spin those low, trapping webs, like widows

1 minute ago, Renegade7 said:

My wife asked "why doesn't Spiderman bite people?".

Pretty sure he did :ols:. He was a mutated freakshow in several different comics. 

7 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Pretty sure he did :ols:. He was a mutated freakshow in several different comics. 

That answer wasn't satisfactory because apparently Tom Holland is adorable :ols:

So I said something stupid like "he was already bitten", thus knew the pain it can cause so didn't want to do it to anyone else.

Yes, there's probably an altruistic spider out there that convinced their population to not just eat us all after similar advice from Orcas. Fish are friends, not food type stuff. Noble Peace Prize winner for progressing human - spider relations to allow diplomacy and even an embassy that looks like something in this thread on crystal meth and acid.  Offended that no one will visit them in person, they declare war on us and we all die anyway.

If Spiderman had Aquaman type powers and just fiddler on the roof'd 3.7 quadrillion spiders...im looking this up as I type this...not good.

Edited by Renegade7
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

If Spiderman had Aquaman type powers and just fiddler on the roof'd 3.7 quadrillion spiders...im looking this up as I type this...not good.

What about Ant Man...seriously...you think spiders are scary...they dont work in teams as much as ants do...we all ignore them and focus on spiders..this is exactly their plan. While we are focusing on spiders, those little ****s are building mass networks of tunnels right under our feet. You think Atlantis sunk to the bottom of the ocean because of hubris or a tidal wave? NOPE...the ants made the ground give way underneath them because they were getting too powerful.

• Thanks 1

Atlantis was a threat the ants had to mitigate...it all makes sense now.

Spiders dont typically teamwork, at best they share the same space because they want the same thing.

Hold on, something just climbed through my...

Wheufinrjxoshes7uw fix

Everything is fine, the situation is under control.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Spiders dont typically teamwork, at best they share the same space because they want the same thing.

Wheufinrjxoshes7uw fix

He's been mind controlled...he cant be trusted anymore.

• Haha 1

Yeah I'd be far more scared of ants taking over than spiders. There are tons of spiders in the world but most of them are solitary species. Ants are a totally different story. They have swarm intelligence and work together for a specific goal. If they all somehow ganged up we'd be completely ****ed.

4 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Yeah I'd be far more scared of ants taking over than spiders. There are tons of spiders in the world but most of them are solitary species. Ants are a totally different story. They have swarm intelligence and work together for a specific goal. If they all somehow ganged up we'd be completely ****ed.

Especially if those little ****ers in the Amazon get up here

Edited by Xameil

7 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

Wheufinrjxoshes7uw fix

5 hours ago, mistertim said:

5 hours ago, Xameil said:

Especially if those little ****ers in the Amazon get up here

I'm guessing they wen't through his mail slot.  These ants were caught stealing mail.  I guess that's the first step; recon to get info, then the assault:

On 7/15/2020 at 11:14 AM, mistertim said:

On 7/15/2020 at 5:28 PM, Xameil said:

SEE!!!!!

Swarm of flying ants so large it can be seen from space spotted over London and the south coast

A swarm of flying ants so large it can be seen from space has been spotted over parts of London the south-east coast. The Met Office’s weather radar picked up the cloud of ants, around 50 miles wide, over Kent and Sussex. Smaller swarms can be seen over London.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

• 1 month later...

Spiders 'the size of your hand' are coming into our homes looking for sex, says expert

Residents across Nottinghamshire can expect to find more spiders crawling into their homes over the next few weeks - and this is why.

Male house spiders - which can have a leg span of up to 10cm - are on the prowl looking for female spiders to be their mating partner.

August and September is the mating season and they are attracted to warm and dry areas which is usually in people's homes, sheds or garages.

Dr Chris Terrell-Nield, ecology lecturer at Nottingham Trent University who has been involved in a number of spider projects for Nottinghamshire Wildife Trust explains the situation.

He said people can expect to find three types of spiders at this time of year - the house spider, the daddy long leg spider and the cross spider.