Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

very impressed with the Redskins Monday night

northeastsucks

For all the fans here demanding greatness, why continue to watch and talk about the Skins when they can't provide it.  Because that's what I think you're doing.  You're looking at the best teams in the league and saying eveyrone should be able to do that.

Seahawks looked to be putting about 50% effort into the game, knowing they'd be able to pull it out. 

Outside of a few nice plays there really wasn't anything for me to get excited about. Cousins, DJax, and Roberts looked like professional football players. That's about it.

you're a Redskins fan, stop giving the other team more credit than it deserves

This right here is not good! And my feeling is that this kind of attitude is on Gruden. If the coach is into moral victories and is giving the players a "Thata boy" pat on the back for losing, he is creating an its okay to lose culture and that is no different from the Norv, Spurrier or Zorn eras. 

If that's where we're headed with this guy-- and it's feeling more and more like it is by the day-- then we will be looking for another HC by the end of next season.

I'm a pro football player dealing with a first year coach who has done nothing on a team the has changed coaches numerous times, I'm not sure how much I invest in a hard ass act.  I recall an article by an NFL TE who's career had been derailed by injuries and the hardass types are thought of as a joke by players.

yeah im pretty happy that these next two weeks the QBs we will be facing are drew stanton/logan thomas and jake locker. thats a pretty refreshing feeling after facing nick foles, eli manning, and russell wilson the last 3 weeks.

And still somehow we will make Drew Stanton look like a HOF'er. HAZ can't come up with a gameplan to save his life.  I don't expect the our OL to hold up against a stout Cardinal's defense. I think our best chance at a win is against the Titans, hoping we get a dose of "Bad Jake". He is mistake prone. 

How many teams would be good after losing their franchise QB?

Just because half this fanbase is convinced Cousins will be awesome one day, doesn't mean it is so.

What would the Pack be w/o Rodgers? Cowboys w/o Romo (until December), Broncos w/o Manning, Pats w/o Brady etc etc etc.....

We were coming off a 3-13 season as it is, now you lose your franchise QB?

C'mon guy, you're pulling peoples legs here. Skins looked like absolute trash last night; luckily the seahawks looked equally as bad, they had 3 td's taken back lol. I think the skins are the 2nd worst team in the league. Oh well, such is life.

C'mon guy, you're pulling peoples legs here. Skins looked like absolute trash last night; luckily the seahawks looked equally as bad, they had 3 td's taken back lol. I think the skins are the 2nd worst team in the league. Oh well, such is life.

You can go back to your Seattle message board now....

While they were bad, I don't think they are the 2nd worst team in the league.  Jax, Oak, TB, and STL all look pretty bad too.  At least we can put some points on the board.  The D just can't stop anyone.

Haven't we been here before after the Eagles loss? "We fought well, team has heart" talk. Then the Giants farted over us. Same situation here, showed character against Seattle and next week, AZ will kill us.

I don't understand our team, but I know we suck.

Haven't we been here before after the Eagles loss? "We fought well, team has heart" talk. Then the Giants farted over us. Same situation here, showed character against Seattle and next week, AZ will kill us.

I don't understand our team, but I know we suck.

we've got a little more time and we're a lot more intact before this game

For all the fans here demanding greatness, why continue to watch and talk about the Skins when they can't provide it.

Actually, not demanding greatness--just adequacy.

Why continue to watch and talk about the Skins?  I ask myself that question every ****ing week.

But the answer is always the same: because I'm a Skins fan, and that ain't gonna change.

I understand everyone's frustrations, and I understand when people say "there are no morale victories", all I'm saying is despite everything that went wrong with this team this year (injuries, unproven QB, new head coach, blown out last game), we kept the game close with the defending champs! Did we win? No. Is there room for improvement? Hell yes! 

I saw a Redskins team that despite being over matched, put up a good fight and displayed some things that convinced me that in a little bit of time, things can get better, perhaps even this season. Despite all of the circumstances against us, we did well. But in no way am I satisfied, neither should the team be. 

Looking at the glass half full here. First of all, the defending superbowl champs are a very, very talented football team and we gave them a run for their money!

Well, except for it being 'No Tackle' night at FedEx, I guess the best they can say is... "We did better than Denver in the SB."

Moral victories are for losers. No time to celebrate. If it's true about them joking and being jovial after the loss, then that's just a slap to the face to all of us (fans). I feel like it's a reach and maybe blown out of proportion. However, John Keim reported it and he's usually a very reliable, trusted source. I think he said it was Garcon and Trent that were the two doing most of it. If true they could've just been talking about the Sherman incident.

Seattle probably would have lost to an average team playing like they did last night.  Year in and year out, everyone makes excuses. When the game started, I was shocked to see our defensive ends not hold their lanes.  This has nothing to do with talent.  This tells me they were not prepared to play this game.  If we won't do something as simple as game plan (coaches and players) for an opponent, how can we get any moral victories?

Here is food for thought.  How many of us were holding our breath every time we punted the ball or kicked a fg?  At the moment, we are a joke.   The positive that I got last night is that Cousins, Garcon, Almo, and DJax didn't get hurt.  They all have potential to get our offense scoring.

I went to the game, and being there in person I took away a few things.

1. The game day experience is jacked. Traffic is awful, the stadium has negative character. Lines upon lines. Its not that way at any of the other stadiums I've been to. No cup holders in the seats?!

2. The punter has a great leg.

3. Cousins can play well enough to win, but he doesn't (as yet) have that extra gear like Russell Wilson. He's not special. The game seems slow to Wilson and you could see him out thinking out running and generally owning everyone else no matter how hard they tried to stop him. We need that.

4. We are slower and less physical than Seattle and you could see it. Granted, they are the SB champs, but it was obvious to the eye and very unsettling.

5. Need O linemen, period.

I'm over the losses now in record time. When I was a kid and they'd lose, my WEEK was shot. If it was Dallas, TWO weeks. Now, I'm over it within 30 minutes of turning it off, which usually happens before the game is even over now. Survival mechanism, I guess. 

The players are too. As soon as the games are over they are instragram and twitter acting like we'll get 'em next time. I was never a fan of Ray Lewis as a person but I wish we had that type of player on this team that the other players feared.

Seems to me that when we play well, we're a good enough team to hang in there with about anyone. This has been proven true, for the most part, for years.

Unfortunately, we're not a good enough team to consistently WIN those games. We hang around until the 4th, and then (much) more often than not we fade or come up short.

The Seattle game wasn't an embarrassment. And that's what we're hoping the team builds on? Oy.

I'm not even sure if it's right to say "we can hang with anyone", or if that's just parity in the NFL.

The players are too. As soon as the games are over they are instragram and twitter acting like we'll get 'em next time. I was never a fan of Ray Lewis as a person but I wish we had that type of player on this team that the other players feared.

Yes I've noticed that a lot of our players are tweeting or instagramming hours after a game. Generally this wouldn't be a huge deal depending on what you are posting about. I like the skill set Desean Jackson brings but he seems to be very selfish. It's all about him. After our loss to the Eagles he posted his TD catch and celebration. Yes we know you're proud of that moment but you're celebrating after a loss. Same thing with last night he posted about his great performance.

We need better leaders on this team. Ryan Clark is trying but doesn't seem to be doing a great job. Gruden seems to soft and we all know Haslett is a pushover. We will never get to the point of a great franchise again until we get good leadership on this team. We have a lot of talent, but not a lot of heart.

Yes I've noticed that a lot of our players are tweeting or instagramming hours after a game. Generally this wouldn't be a huge deal depending on what you are posting about. I like the skill set Desean Jackson brings but he seems to be very selfish. It's all about him. After our loss to the Eagles he posted his TD catch and celebration. Yes we know you're proud of that moment but you're celebrating after a loss. Same thing with last night he posted about his great performance.

We need better leaders on this team. Ryan Clark is trying but doesn't seem to be doing a great job. Gruden seems to soft and we all know Haslett is a pushover. We will never get to the point of a great franchise again until we get good leadership on this team. We have a lot of talent, but not a lot of heart.

the only thing i saw on deseans instagram after last nights game was a picture of him and richard sherman posing together for a picture after the game. which i have no problem with, since they're both longtime friends. and i dont particularly fault desean for posting his TD catch and celebration after the eagles game since it was against the team that let him go. in the moment, i would have done the same thing. but i understand your point of view though and why you don't think its a good idea. i think desean wouldn't post a TD and celebration against any other team after a loss.

Impressive are the rest of the NFC East teams who are competitive.  Impressive is a Dallas Cowboys team who were slated to have the worst defense in HISTORY beating the likes of the Saints and Texans.  Impressive is an Eagles team, who despite have an atrocious defense, the the ability to win games with special teams.  Impressive is a Giants team who put an unattainable goal of 70% completion rate on Eli, and then tailoring thier offense to meet a short quick passing game.

Uninpressive?  REDSKINS....once again.

Archived