Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

very impressed with the Redskins Monday night

northeastsucks

Looking at the glass half full here. First of all, the defending superbowl champs are a very, very talented football team and we gave them a run for their money!

I think after our collapse against the Giants on thursday night, we came back and responded well. Was it perfect? Not by a longshot, but it was in no way a blowout like many people in my neck of the woods thought!

I just think the Skins need to gel a little more and I am confident after last night, with just a little bit more tweaking, we can beat any team in this league! We just need to gel more and find an identity. Over all though I am impressed and look foward to the rest of the season!

There is hope, but it is guttering in a a monsoon. Refs played better against Seatle than we did. special teams, offense, and defense had moments. Djax showed up, Robinson had a moment or two. Roberts and Kerrigan made a couple of plays, but we were badly outclassed.

The opportunity to steal the game presented itself, but we were three and out on offense and offensive on defense. Worse, we were cowards on special teams.

Seahawks looked to be putting about 50% effort into the game, knowing they'd be able to pull it out. 

Outside of a few nice plays there really wasn't anything for me to get excited about. Cousins, DJax, and Roberts looked like professional football players. That's about it.

I love the optimism in here.

I'll admit that Seattle left a lot of points on the field last night. But we did not have a single turnover and our defense did adjust nicely to help limit the amount of runs Wilson broke off. I do feel we need to do a better job of finding different ways to get the ball in the hands of our playmakers (looking at how they used Harvin vs how we used Djax).

But whatever effort was lacking in the Giants game we more then made up for last night. Injuries do matter, and we see why as nice as Niles Paul can be, he cannot be a starter with his inconsistent play and total liability in run blocking.

I general I wasn't embarrassed by my team last night, which isn't a total ringing endorsement, but definitely progress that has gotten me compliments today while I rock the Sean Taylor jersey at work today.

Hail.

We lost by double digits, at home, on the heels of a blowout loss in which we gave up 40+...also at home. We have won one time in five tries.

We didn't lose "as bad" as we did the previous week. Whoopdeedoo.

This team is not very good. Maybe it will get a spark when Griffin comes back?

You guys do understand that despite the injuries, despite having a QB developing, despite having a new head coach, we gave the best team in the NFL a good fight! I think if this was any other team we played Monday night, say the saints, or bears (just pulling names out of thin air here) we would have MURDERED them!

Their is no doubt in my mind that even though we fell short, we are improving. I don't care if I'm the only one that see it. We just got to get more in sync with each other but the potential is there.

I hate these reports that the mood in the locker room after the loss was "jovial". This team needs to learn how to win consistently and develop a true disgust for losing. Even to superior teams. Just doesn't sit right with me and I think Gruden needs to correct this prevailing attitude if this team is going to ever turn things around. Ryan Clark can't be around forever to lend his leadership.

There's a great documentary on Sonny and Sam, and Sonny talks about his first year with the Redskins, how the team lost a game to the Giants on a crazy last second play, and he and Sam were crushed. He talks about how shocked and disgusted he was to see his teammates in the locker room laughing and saying things like, "Well, we didn't get crushed. We almost won," as if these things were an accomplishment or a reason to be happy. 

He said, "losing has to make you angry." He knew the culture was in shambles. 

That's what we've had here for awhile now. I guess when the losing lasts for decades, people react differently, but a lot of these players are new here. We need to find the leaders who are going to change the culture from within. That's what Gruden needs to be looking for right now. 

As for the thread and this game, I was pleased with at least the EFFORT made by the majority of the team. But what was clear is that they don't have the smarts or the ability to go toe-to-toe with most teams in this league, from coaches to players. Just too many bargain bin players, especially on defense. 

The special teams continue to be an embarrassment of epic proportions. It was so annoying watching the Hawks kick the ball through the end zone every time while we're trying pooch kicks because we have no one who CAN kick it out of the end zone like, oh, I don't know, 95 percent of the kickers in the league are able to do on a pretty regular basis. 

And yes, this could have EASILY been another monster blowout ala the Giants. 

Only other positive for me was Kirk stepping up and playing a decent game. Hopefully he'll continue to improve. 

I would rather play a damn good team close and come up just shy, then to get blown out and showing no improvement at all. Their were also significant calls not even called on Seattle that also could have changed the outcome of the game so just as the touchdowns were negated by penalties on Seattle could have changed the outcome, who is to say those two holding penalties not called on seattle and also that Wilson scramble past the line of scrimmage challenge we should have won wouldn't change the outcome of the game in our favor? It could have went either way.

My biggest disappoitment about the Skins the last few years is that the games are no longer fun to watch.  Underachievement is so rampant (and depressing).

To compare ... I've been watching the PAC12 Channel this year and teams like Colorado, Washington State and Cal are so much more fun ... pure and simple.

What the heck is going on here?

I'm over the losses now in record time. When I was a kid and they'd lose, my WEEK was shot. If it was Dallas, TWO weeks. Now, I'm over it within 30 minutes of turning it off, which usually happens before the game is even over now. Survival mechanism, I guess. 

The Hawks totally beat themselves....it could've been a blow out very easily. They had so many dumb penalties, a few bad snaps, ect...and THREE TDs cancelled! That's an extra 3 TDs allowed by our D! We are a bad team and our record shows just that. We were lucky to stay in the game that long.

I'm over the losses now in record time. When I was a kid and they'd lose, my WEEK was shot. If it was Dallas, TWO weeks. Now, I'm over it within 30 minutes of turning it off, which usually happens before the game is even over now. Survival mechanism, I guess. 

Man, I feel ya! It's like I don't even feel anything anymore....just another loss. 

Archived