Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Press Release: REDSKINS MAKE ROSTER MOVES

TK

Tough break for Nacho and DHall.  

I gotta think PThomas gets the call up if he's healthy.  

I think TPorter is gonna play on Thursday.  It would be a good time for him to earn his paycheck.

Unfortunately I have a feeling if Porter comes in after not really practicing for about 3-4 weeks and tries to play in the slot he's going to get absolutely smoked by Cruz a la Meriweather against the Eagles. I hope he's healthy because he's better than what's behind him but with limited practice this week for the first time since before the season started I would have more faith in Breeland out there. Porter vs. Biggers is probably a toss up - Porter is a better corner but like I said, you don't know what you're going to get from a guy that hasn't even seen the practice field in a month. 

This team absolutely has to face down it's demons/worst enemy this week and that is itself. With the exception of our 7 game win streak in 2012 this team has shot itself in the foot almost every chance it gets, especially in games like this. It's why we have been the team to play when teams like the Lions, Rams or hell pretty much anybody needs to snap a losing streak or a rookie/****ty quarterback needs to gain some confidence and get a win. The Giants, quite frankly, are a team we should come out and beat by 10 points in my opinion. We are better than they are although with DHall out if Hatcher can't go we could be in trouble. The Giants found some magic last week but overall they've played very poorly the last couple years - we cannot let them be in this game and start to play well like we normally do against bad teams. 

It's going to be a whole team effort. I think the offense is going to continue to click. Niles Paul has most of us forgetting all about Jordan Reed honestly (with the exception of a gaffe on the interception against the Eagles and an occasional drop) and Jackson should be feeling a little better. The big keys are for special teams to just do their jobs. No huge returns or blocked punts/kicks. Just a solid all around game for them. That is perhaps the biggest thing. Right next to that - our front 7 has to absolutely dominate this game. Losing DHall is huge, we have a lot of young guys + Meriweather/Biggers who I don't trust in our secondary now. It's absolutely essential that our front 7 gets to Eli early and often. If we give Eli time to throw and have some kind of gaffe on special teams that costs us points we will be in another dog fight with an early season on the line. 

I loved Reed Doughty while he was here.  He was a great story and an asset to this team.

I never understood why people were so hard on him while he was here.  He was what he was, and it wasn't his fault that sometimes he was asked to do more than he could or should have been asked.  Even on a really good team, he would have been asset and had uses.

But at this point in time, we need the next Reed Doughty, not the old one.

I will literally bang my head against a wall if we go out and sign Reed Doughty (but I still won't blame him or think badly of him when there are issues with his game performance because that still won't be his fault).

D. Hall has kept his roster spot about 5 years longer than I expected. Maybe this is the end for him though and hopefully Breeland and Minnefield can make us not even notice.

I wouldn't rule Amerson out yet :)

Glad to see Minnifield on the Roster, but the first 2 CB for years to comes should be Breeland and Amerson. That seems to be a good tandem in the making. All they're gonna need then is one good FS and our secondary would be set to me.

been thinking ... Hocker might be a good add ... not "anti-forbath" exactly ... but missed short FG, blocked XP and can't kickoff into the back half of the endzone ... I think Hocker's shortcomings couldn't be worse than that and he at least gives some options for long FGs and it would be nice to see no more returns against the Skins for the rest of the season.

Not to mention Kai seems to be hurt every week.  Wonder if his groin problem had anything to do with missed FG on Sunday!

I think we may need another TE, if Reed can't be healthy soon.

I've been preaching this for a while, even though Niles Paul is technically the top TE's in receiving right now... I'd like to see if Jermichael Finley can be cleared or I was looking through Practice Squads and the LIons are stashing Michael Egnew on their squad and I think Orson Charles is out there, and he used to play in Grudens offense. Really aren't any DL or OL out there that stuck out besides Ryan Pickett who was just signed to the Texans today and he's 34.

I am shocked the Skins aren't going to sign anyone or activate anyone for this game?  When is the limit on when players can be signed or activated from the PS?  They just have so many injuries right now it seems like a waste. 

RG3, Reed and Jordan out puts them halfway there right off the bat.  Golston and Porter couldn't play three days ago, what real chance do they have tomorrow?  And Lauvao could miss the game.

That's all the inactives they'd need and they end up dressing Moss as a sixth wideout and a bunch of aching guys.

I mean activate Robert Thomas or Bolser or Hamm or even Stevens, give Maurice Hurt a call then sit Moss and at least you've got another body at thin spots

clearly 9/10 times he is good for it and that is about as good as it gets in this league. He's only going to get better and he is not a guy that you let go. 

As much as I agree with the entire post you wrote, I just don't think he's going to be able to recover from this miss kick. For the division lead and it was to Take the lead and he missed. Skins fans will have to hold their breath every time he kicks a 30 yard FG. We all know how this will work out in the future. Imagine we are playing against Dallas and it's a 20 yard kick to take the lead at the end of the game. You see the amount of butterflies I just added to your stomach with just that simple analogy?  We have seen it all before. I agree with everything you've said but just my gut feeling I think he may be done here. Hocker can at least at worst Make our SP look better by kicking multiple kicks too far. Kai is going to be on a very short leash he better not miss any tomorrow or that may be the last of his Skins career 

As much as I agree with the entire post you wrote, I just don't think he's going to be able to recover from this miss kick. 

You might be right, but I don't think this will be the case. Kai has been solid since he'd been here and he has recovered from big misses before. He has a very cool demeanor and I believe he'll be able to shake it off. It wasn't a game loser at the last second. The game was tied and we had the ball with plenty of time in Eagle territory to tie or win the game. I'm sure he was disappointed but I imagine he's looking ahead and not backwards. 

I don't think that most people worry about a 20 yard FG. And anything 30+, against a division rival in a tough spot, we'd all have butterflies after not having a reliable kicker for around 20 years. 

As much as I agree with the entire post you wrote, I just don't think he's going to be able to recover from this miss kick. For the division lead and it was to Take the lead and he missed. Skins fans will have to hold their breath every time he kicks a 30 yard FG. We all know how this will work out in the future. Imagine we are playing against Dallas and it's a 20 yard kick to take the lead at the end of the game. You see the amount of butterflies I just added to your stomach with just that simple analogy?  We have seen it all before. I agree with everything you've said but just my gut feeling I think he may be done here. Hocker can at least at worst Make our SP look better by kicking multiple kicks too far. Kai is going to be on a very short leash he better not miss any tomorrow or that may be the last of his Skins career 

Couldn't disagree more. This isn't his first miss of his career man. He's recovered from other misses. There is absolutely no reason for anyone to hold their breath. There is even less reason to speculate that one miss will ruin who, correct me if I'm wrong, is the most accurate kicker we've ever had. And then finally to say because of one miss that you're assuming will derail him entirely we should sign a rookie who's never kicked in the league before and was not signed by anyone else? Yes, I realize we signed Kai when he was in a similar situation but he is proven and quite frankly the combo of Kai and Tress on kickoffs has been pretty effective so far. With the exception of Trent Robinson running to fill the wrong lane for who knows what reason other than to make Skins fans tear our hair out, our kickoff coverage has been pretty good so far. Trust me man, Kai is the least of our worries right now. 

If for some inexplicable reason he starts missing several kicks as you've said then you may choose to go in another direction. But you certainly don't do that until he leaves you no other option. We are not even close to that yet. 

Archived