Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Press Release: REDSKINS MAKE ROSTER MOVES

TK

Just looking through existing Free agents...only one guy sparked an interest Terrell Thomas. He's 29 has a lot of game experience...just a few years removed from being a really good corner for the Giants. Would add some depth.  

At this point i feel like Porter is a lost cause. 

There are quite a few guys on Practice Squads who look good too, though. I think I would pick Asante Samuel before I'd go with Terrell Thomas if I were looking at FA CB's

Come on man. Forbath has multiple streaks of 17+ kicks in a row in his career. His career average is 86.7%. He's missed 6 kicks his entire three year career, 2 of those came on blocks. He's the best kicker we have had in probably two decades. 

I'm not absolving him in anyway. His miss yesterday was unacceptable - it was a chip shot and he deserves some serious grief for it. But we finally have a kicker who we can rely on (yes I realize how dumb that sounds given we obviously couldn't yesterday) but clearly 9/10 times he is good for it and that is about as good as it gets in this league. He's only going to get better and he is not a guy that you let go. 

I know it was harsh ... but Hocker has a leg cannon and was close to Forbath during preseason competition ... his longer range kicking ability changes the game in two key ways ... fewer, much fewer KO returns seriously reducing the risk of ST f'ups and giving the opposition 80 yards of defense before they can score a TD ... and it increases the options to kick a FG to win/tie instead of 4th and long desperation plays with time running out.  It also reduces the wear and tear on one of the most surprising sleeper finds this year by limiting Way's duty to punts only.

Not a panic move .. but at a minimum the front office should sit Kai down and explain that he's here because inspite of his shorter range and shorter KOs he's supposed to be "automatic" within his range.  That's why he's here.  If that's not the case then the Skins should be trying out kickers to sign

Archived