Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Who wants Olive Garden?

Slateman

Between my Italian grandma's cooking, (and living in Naples, Italy)the bar I've set for Italian food is very high.  I'm willing to bet most posters in this thread haven't had truly authentic, Italian food. It's not all pasta and tomato sauce.   Honestly, it's very tough to find, anywhere, around here. 

Surprisingly,  there's an old Italian deli, in Highlandtown, that has fantastic food.   It's the closest I've found, to food that we used to eat in Italy.    Di Pasquale's.    It's a small, family owned, corner market, that's been around for almost 100 years. 

Since we "discovered" it  a few year ago, we dine there at least once a month.

If you want to try some authentic Italian, I suggest you try it out.  

Edited by Skinsfan1311

If I had a dog I didnt like I would be up for free olive garden

Between my Italian grandma's cooking, (and living in Naples, Italy)the bar I've set for Italian food is very high.  I'm willing to bet most posters in this thread haven't had truly authentic, Italian food. It's not all pasta and tomato sauce.   Honestly, it's very tough to find, anywhere, around here. 

Surprisingly,  there's an old Italian deli, in Highlandtown, that has fantastic food.   It's the closest I've found, to food that we used to eat in Italy.    Di Pasquale's.    It's a small, family owned, corner market, that's been around for almost 100 years. 

Since we "discovered" it  a few year ago, we dine there at least once a month.

If you want to try some authentic Italian, I suggest you try it out.

If you want authentic Italian I suggest you go to Italy

If you want an Italian American immigrants take on northern Italian cuisine fused with Americana (that is tasty as hell), I suggest trying any locally owned Italian restaurant in any American city where the owners take pride in what they do

But good lord people, Olive Garden... Why?

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

http://www.cnn.com/video/data/2.0/video/us/2014/11/04/pkg-man-eats-95-olive-garden-meals-pasta-pass.wghp.html

'Merica!

*edit*

Gawker article on that horribly depressing video.

http://gawker.com/idiot-to-be-released-from-olive-garden-pasta-pass-priso-1654443054

Alan Martin, a church minister and father of two, has sentenced himself to seven weeks in Never Ending Pasta Pass prison at Olive Garden. He invited the Fox affiliate in Burlington, NC to visit him as he slurps down another bowl of limp noodles swimming in room temperature pond water. It is the saddest two minutes I have ever watched.

Martin welcomes each successive plate of pasta, with a "Hello, friend," his face despondent as a waitresses grates a waterfall of cheese on top of his food.

He tells WGHP that the waitstaff at this Olive Garden treats him "like a celebrity."

An expert might diagnose Martin with Stockholm Syndrome. "I can't believe I get to eat like this every day!" Martin exclaims on camera, his eyes betraying the sentiment. "This is great..."

Edited by Bliz

Lately I've grown fond of visiting local businesses or going to YELP in order to dine at places with good reviews. Assuming Olive Garden does poorly on YELP so won't bother. 

Everyone else should download YELP on their phone and dine at the highly recommended restaurants

just a guess.

early 20's. no kids.

( not defending olive garden here, i'll leave that to zoony he loves the place)

My guess was going to be "never been poor."

Why did you want dented pasta?

Interestingly, the expression "al dente" translates "to the teeth."