Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

TK's Sportsbar: The official '14 season Twitter thread, whatnot free, Almond Milk included, Fat Tire Sponsored

SWFLSkins

You've done this before lol...responded to something as if you're taking it seriously then claim you knew it was a joke lol (at least I think it was you)...

no, i actually did know that the twitter poster wasnt taking week 2 projected stats seriously. the reason i posted what i posted was because i agreed that week 2 projected stats are nonsense.

RG3's not a pocket passer and these injuries limit his mobility that made him special. It's going to be a short career.

@Snide_Remarks Limited mobility may lengthen his career, he will still run, not just not as much. (silver lining)

Retweeted by Burgundy Blog

The Redskins are the #1 defense in the NFL, ha. pic.twitter.com/bvX55c39NJ

cracks me up too.....   Swaggy with the fun times.... now lets hope we see that again many more times this season!   :)

I prefer his latest nickname: Big Wiggle. Baker is a beast at NT and DE. Agreed, hope we see that post game dance at least 8 or 9 more times this year. Hopefully twice in the next two weeks.  :D

I prefer his latest nickname: Big Wiggle. Baker is a beast at NT and DE. Agreed, hope we see that post game dance at least 8 or 9 more times this year. Hopefully twice in the next two weeks.  :D

Baker looked really good at NT. Once you guys rewatch the game you will see Baker and K. Rob played really well. Its nice to see speed at both positions.

Keep dancing Bake you played your butt off yesterday!

Hail

VefgHwdM_normal.jpeg

@LaVarArrington

You guys think Cousins has locked down the starting spot for the season? Even if RG3 comes back healthy? #HTTR #Washington #QBprobz

gNudvZQX_normal.png
@Redskins
Yesterday's @budlight Play of the Game was the score that started them all: a 20-yard TD pass from K. Cousins to DY.  pic.twitter.com/hpmNJEsdJw

af5de5f91fb8c88a213950dff8222326_normal.
@kevins980
Not going to hear much "trade value" talk when it comes to Cousins this time....now it's about whether or not he's a long-term keeper.

Baker looked really good at NT. Once you guys rewatch the game you will see Baker and K. Rob played really well. Its nice to see speed at both positions.

Keep dancing Bake you played your butt off yesterday!

Hail

Some of us have been praying that Baker lines up at nose for a while now. Hopefully we can keep up the production while Cofield is out so that when he comes back, Baker is still in at nose.

Some of us have been praying that Baker lines up at nose for a while now. Hopefully we can keep up the production while Cofield is out so that when he comes back, Baker is still in at nose.

Cooley has been saying this for a while, a lot of posters as well. Haslett has always just loved what Cofield brought as a nose.

I think at the very least, they should move them around, and make them interchangeable. Give the offense more to prepare for.  Both can do well at both spots.  

Lost in all of this Cousins/RGIII stuff, Morris is quietly having a great opening to the season.  Hasn't been over 100 yards yet, but he's doing what is necessary. He's still on pace for a massive season, and he'll get a few 100 yard games here and there.

I also really liked the way that they used all 3 backs, so Morris didn't get the entire load.  Keep them all fresh.

Redd out there to run the clock out was just wonderful to see.

I also really liked the way that they used all 3 backs, so Morris didn't get the entire load.  Keep them all fresh.

Redd out there to run the clock out was just wonderful to see.

Yeah, I liked the quote I head in post-game where Morris was like if they can't give 100% on a given play, then they'll get spelled. Thats a big contrast from CP who I loved but who wouldn't come off the field.

@EBJunkies

If this was a short term injury RG3 gets his job back almost under any circumstance. If its a season ender Kirk will have to lose it IMO.

I don't agree with this. Why is this Kirk's job to lose? What has Griffin done to lose it already? Sure, it could be Kirk's to win if he plays really well, but I still think it's Griffin's to lose.

EB was all-in on Griffin in 2012. I remember him calling him RJesus all season. Now it sounds like he can't stand the guy. What a flip flopper.

Yeah, I liked the quote I head in post-game where Morris was like if they can't give 100% on a given play, then they'll get spelled. Thats a big contrast from CP who I loved but who wouldn't come off the field.

I'd love to see Morris around 1200-1300 yards, Helu around 300-400, and Redd 200-300.

balance things out, spread the wealthy, keep everybody fresh.  

So far, not really missing Seastrunk.   Speaking of, did he catch on anywhere? 

So far, not really missing Seastrunk.   Speaking of, did he catch on anywhere? 

I know a couple of teams tried him out but I don't think he has been picked up by anyone.

Buccaneers Bring In CB Derek Cox, RB Lache Seastrunk, & LB Adrian Robinson For Tryouts

http://nfltraderumors.co/buccaneers-bring-in-cb-derek-cox-rb-lache-seastrunk-lb-adrian-robinson-for-tryouts/

Ryan O'Halloran @ryanohalloran 4h

#Jaguars blown out by Redskins, margin of defeat like last year, but this was worse ... much, much worse. http://bit.ly/1m7RBbW

Nearly 45 minutes after a Jaguars defeat more embarrassing than any of last year’s eyesores, defensive end Red Bryant remained in uniform, staring into his locker and contemplating what had transpired Sunday at FedEx Field.

Bryant knew as soon as he signed in mid-March that playing for the Jaguars would be different from Seattle. A younger roster. Instability at several key positions. Less talent.

Bryant can deal with the setbacks that occur during a building process. It’s the lack of tackling, blocking and overall want-to during the Jaguars’ 41-10 loss to the Washington Redskins that had him steaming, other players embarrassed and coach Gus Bradley disappointed.

[...]One good thing for the Jaguars: They’ll have to try hard to make things worse.

The Jaguars were outgained 449-148, had only eight first downs to the Redskins’ 32 and ran only 48 offensive plays. They were run out of the stadium by a Redskins offense that was without quarterback Robert Griffin III (ankle) and receiver DeSean Jackson (shoulder), both of whom exited in the first quarter.

What the Redskins did to the Jaguars was worse than anything Seattle, San Diego or San Francisco did to the Jaguars last year. Much, much worse, in fact. Those teams made the playoffs; the Redskins won three games last year, have a new head coach (Jay Gruden) who has a new offense, started the game without emerging tight end Jordan Reed, then lost Griffin and Jackson.

Linebacker Paul Posluszny: “This was a big step backward. Really disappointing.”

Defensive tackle Sen’Derrick Marks: “We didn’t do anything right.”

Cornerback Will Blackmon: “They did whatever they wanted.”

Rob Carlin @RobCarlinCSN 2h

Andre Roberts had a rush of 15+ yds, a reception of 15+ & punt return of 15+.. Last #Redskins to do that - my guy @BmitchliveCSN in 1999!

Sam Monson @PFF_Sam 1h

I'm still blown away by the fact RGIII completed that pass AFTER dislocating his ankle on the play.

Rob Carlin ‏@RobCarlinCSN 2h

Andre Roberts had a rush of 15+ yds, a reception of 15+ & punt return of 15+.. Last #Redskins to do that - my guy @BmitchliveCSN in 1999!

Sam Monson ‏@PFF_Sam 1h

I'm still blown away by the fact RGIII completed that pass AFTER dislocating his ankle on the play.

Andre Roberts is going to end up being a steal for this team. 

And it's absolutely incredible that he completed the pass.  Adrenalin, I guess.  

Andre Roberts is going to end up being a steal for this team. 

And it's absolutely incredible that he completed the pass.  Adrenalin, I guess.  

When people talk about Griffin's athletic ability, they don't just mean how fast he can run, they also mean plays like that one...95% of the QBs in the league crumble to the ground and just drop the ball in that situation. (much like what RG3 did against Seattle in the playoffs). They don't hop around on their good leg/ankle and fire an accurate bullet on arm strength alone before collapsing.

When people talk about Griffin's athletic ability, they don't just mean how fast he can run, they also mean plays like that one...95% of the QBs in the league crumble to the ground and just drop the ball in that situation. (much like what RG3 did against Seattle in the playoffs). They don't hop around on their good leg/ankle and fire an accurate bullet on arm strength alone before collapsing.

I agree.  I think my favorite person on the team is Morris, but my favorite player has been Griffin.  He has the gifts to be one of the greatest ever.  

It makes me so unbelievably sick to think he might be out for the year, and his career might get derailed.

I swear, though, if they 'Skins end up letting him go elsewhere and he turns into Steve Young, I'm going to lose it. 

Archived