Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

TK's Sportsbar: The official '14 season Twitter thread, whatnot free, Almond Milk included, Fat Tire Sponsored

SWFLSkins

Griffin:"Anytime you look at your ankle and it's in a different direction, you're probably not going to get up." #Redskins

Griffin said his ankle "was in a different direction". Pain was "excruciating," he said.

Talked to Darrel Young he said he's not mad about the late hit. Added that he liked that his team was willin tonight for him #RedskinsTalk

Griffin on chants: "It meant a lot to have them cheering as I went off the field." #Redskins

Cousins: "Life of a backup quarterback. Have to be ready." #Redskins

RG3...

BxhY8ntCUAAxT0p.jpg

Cousins on seeing Griffin down: "your first thought is, where's my helmet?" #Redskins

Cousins: "You can't be unprepared." #Redskins

Backup QB Kirk cousins' first thought when RG3 went down : "where's my helmet ?" Immediately started loosening up right arm

Darrel Young (back) is walking really slowly. Says he'll be okay. Bears watching, I think.

Cousins: "The focus right now is to help the Washington #Redskins get a win next week."

Cousins: "this is Robert's team, and it's my job to be ready."

Kerrigan said big goal This week was to put more pressure on the quarterback

Chris Baker asked about watching RG3 go down: "It's like, damn! ... but we know what Kirk can do" #RedskinsTalk

Kerrigan: "It was definitely one of the more fun days I've had playing defense." #Redskins he had four sacks

Hatcher on the defense "we were mediocre" wanted more turnovers.

Roy Helu seems concerned about his knee injury. Would give many specifics. Was happy the game situation late allowed him to come out.

That being said, Helu appeared to be walking around the locker room fairly well.

Kerrigan: Redskins defensive effort was "unlike anything I've been a part of."

A lot of podiatric articles/journals I have access to cite ankle dislocations with no fractures requiring 3 months for recovery.

Helu says his injury -- knee/quad -- is not serious. Lopsided score had something to do with him coming out.

Rapid Reaction: Washington Redskins: LANDOVER, Md. -- A few thoughts on the Washington Redskins' 41-... http://es.pn/1sSCap2  #Redskins

Kerrigan says he had five sacks in a game in high school. Four in a game at Purdue. Never more than two in NFL game until today.

Lauvao said the injury is to his knee cap. He's had it before and he doesn't think it's serious.

You just know there's a whole group of fans hoping Griffin would slip up and call him "Kurt"

Considering it involves the deltoid ligaments, which are the stronger ankle ligaments, it explains why TV doctors are assuming a fracture

I feel so awful for him. Couldn't even enjoy the game really. Everyone who knows me here knows I've always defended Cousins here and believed in him, but I still wanted Griffin to be the guy. This hurts really bad. :(

It was such an awful win. but that is battle, win the war, lose some battles and friends along the way. 

I feel so awful for him. Couldn't even enjoy the game really. Everyone who knows me here knows I've always defended Cousins here and believed in him, but I still wanted Griffin to be the guy. This hurts really bad. :(

Exactly, with a win like this usually I'm stoked but yeah it really was bitter-sweet. I like both QBs and have felt bad for Kirk for not having an opportunity but echoing what you said, I wanted to see Rob do well just because of all he has been through.

That is my feeling exactly...

Just such a bad bad bad luck....

Only can hope for Robert.

Retweeted by Silas Redd Jr.

@Redskins:WELCOME TO THE BIG LEAGUES! Rookie RB @ThirdEyeSi_ with 14-yard touchdown! #JAXvsWAS #HTTR” congrats @ThirdEyeSi_ @kingstamford

Roy Helu says he hurt his knee/quad early in game. Stayed in. Doesn't feel MRI necessary. Lauvao says he should be fine as well.

Retweeted by Silas Redd Jr.

@ThirdEyeSi_ congrats on the TD bruh you finna put Norwalk on the Map!! #popwarnerteammate

yep definitely feel bad for griff...im even wearing his jersey...i usually wear my RG3 jersey while watching redskins games because he's the starting QB. wont make much sense to wear an RG3 jersey this season if hes out for the rest of it... although next sunday i'll wear my desean jackson jersey during next sundays game.

As much as we’d like to know right now, docs say it’s tough to diagnose while the ankle is swelling. Won’t get final word until tomorrow.

Despite RG3 Injury, Redskins Obliterate Jaguars 41-10 http://riggosrag.com/?p=21761 

That said, all folks I chatted with agree RGIII will miss significant time. #Redskins

That is my feeling exactly...

Just such a bad bad bad luck....

Only can hope for Robert.

Bad thing is, he's gonna miss a whole year of development, and he was already behind the 8 ball to begin with.

He's got some tall odds against him becoming a quarterback equal to his potential and athletic ability.

Bad thing is, he's gonna miss a whole year of development, and he was already behind the 8 ball to begin with.

He's got some tall odds against him becoming a quarterback equal to his potential and athletic ability.

He's busted up his knee a few times, and now his ankle, that's gotta take a toll on one's mobility.  How many leg injuries can one guy sustain in a relatively short time? 

From that standpoint, if there's any degradation in his ability to run and move around, it makes the pocket passing all the more imperative for his future. 

I blame the field or cleats.

Must be mud or something, players always get stuck.

I know what you mean.

Unfortunately, it reminds me of Kevin Ware's ankle injury, not because it's the same, but because it didn't happen because of a collision or anything like that.  I hope everyone's wrong and his ankle is fine, just sprained.

You know, I keep thinking about it, and thinking about it, and I just can't understand why the 'Skins through the years have always had a tendency to have the most crushing, awfully timed....

I don't get it.  I mean, I REALLY DON'T ****in GET IT. 

The latest for the list, injuries.

Today we see instantly Gruden has decided to go back to 2012 RG3 by running him on zone read on the first play. RG3 has a pocket today! Ball on target deep. Even when flushed, completes a tough pass.  We're back!!

Nope. Injured on that last play. 

RG3 gets us into a very rare playoff game. He has us up 14 early in our barn vs our arch enemy, and he gets injured. And then gets injured, again. On a dribbled snap, of all things. 

Its hard for me to be happy with today's win. 

Also for the list, high profile acquisitions that usually bust like tall rookie WRs of ours. All the free agents we brought in that did little. Even getting Garcon in 2012, he gets injured on a 88 yd TD in the first quarter of his first game, and then was largely ineffective the rest of the year.  We find a TE in Fred Davis to replace Cooley, and he fails himself. We get his replacement Reed, he turns up injury prone. Injured on his first catch of the year.

You can't make this stuff up. 

Archived