Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES NOSTALGIA THREAD feat. Art, Die Hard, Henry, TK, PCS, Tarhog, and Karl Swanson

E33Green

Some of you are amusing :).

And, as Rick says, some of you don't know what you don't know.

Verily I beseech thee - enlighten us with your supreme knowledge, acerbic wit, and veritable wisdom. Regale us with tales of what once was so that we no longer languish in ignorance. Give us Art for art's sake....

I thought the deal with Pastabelly was that you ran into him in the men's room after the TB playoff win and quipped "Not bad for an ordinary Joe" and he subsequently flipped out. Perhaps my loyalty to ES has tainted my memory?

Verily I beseech thee - enlighten us with your supreme knowledge, acerbic wit, and veritable wisdom. Regale us with tales of what once was so that we no longer languish in ignorance. Give us Art for art's sake....

I thought the deal with Pastabelly was that you ran into him in the men's room after the TB playoff win and quipped "Not bad for an ordinary Joe" and he subsequently flipped out. Perhaps my loyalty to ES has tainted my memory?

The story told here by Dan is entire fiction.   This is closer to the truth.   Die Hard was right there.   He can, and did I believe, attest I was entirely non-threatening and even polite.   And, there was a vicious rumor at the time there was a recording, which may or may not still exist in case any journalists told fibs about it, which one did, then backed off on realizing the encounter was recorded.   I mean may have been recorded.   According to rumor.

He did entirely flip out and I did say exactly that which caused the flipping.   He was a tiny, shaky man, unaccustomed to speaking with the unwashed fan masses with direct access to him.   There were others who witnessed it who can actually support the factual account given here at the time.   Only those who were long abused by their own lack of charm and intellect and hold it against me for pointing out their limitations color it with such wild fabrication as Dan here has.

He would need to be rehired first.

Assumes he's not actually already on the payroll even as we speak.   And given you do not know who Andyman actually was, I can say you do not know who he is :).

Reading this thread has made me realize just how much this board has changed. I actually look fondly at those days, even though it was a much more, uhm, immature place at times, lol. 

I think of posters like Brandon Lloyd Christmas and McD5 making this place pretty dang entertaining, if not juvenile at times with their incessant negativity. Om with his deep; even esoteric, reflections on the Skins. Bubba and tr1 making the ATN totally Skins homerrific and hilariously over the top. And, at the time, I remember totally being on Art's side with the whole thing. Don't remember it at all as it is being told now. 

I do like where ES is at right now. The only thing I'd change is to make the ATN as crazy as it used to be again. That was fun, honestly.  

And, a the time, I remember totally being on Art's side with the whole thing. Don't remember it at all as it is being told now. 

Yes.  Everyone who actually recalls what actually happened was on my side as you couldn't be on another side knowing what happened.   Dan's problem is he is likely confusing Len P's small, trollish self with Len Shapiro's ludicrous, trollish self.   On Pasquerelli, I was clearly in the clear and entirely abused by a tiny man who had lost his cool.

Len Shapiro was another story.   He wrote that if I was ever in the box with him he'd confront me and tell me what he thought of me.   So, I arranged to be at the next home game he was allowed a credential for.   And I approached him.   He was tiny, chubby and soft.  I was just me.   I put my hand out and said, "Hi.  I'm Art Mills.   I believe you wanted to tell me what you thought about me."   Or something very similar.   I wrote about it here.

And he curled into the fetal position and quietly walked away.   I did not actually physically threaten him, but I did assure he was aware his thoughts had consequences just by smiling as sweetly as I did as I looked way down on his bald head.

The good old days.

Is this "Art" person related to Lokinder? If so, I want no part of it.

You hurt me deeply, Beef :).

Lokinder shall never rise again.   That much is certain.   

Though, I do play Eve quite badly every so often using that name.

Tribal Wars 2 open beta went live yesterday.

Given the middle picture of your signature, I approve of you speaking often in reply to me, and others, but, you are forbidden from speaking about Tribal Wars ever again.   :)

At least until I get my second divorce at which time we're ON.

We should rename this thread The Legend of "Art"..

That thread would be longer, cooler and have 1000 percent more Daily Babe in it.

Personally, I think what was funnier, was for several years, having Chris Russell trying to figure out who I was. And this was after sitting next to him & even eating right across a table from him various press boxes. Russell took a LOT of **** on twitter from myself, JSteelz, & LL when he first arrived, but finally started to check some facts & get his ish together. 

Given the middle picture of your signature, I approve of you speaking often in reply to me, and others, but, you are forbidden from speaking about Tribal Wars ever again.   :)

At least until I get my second divorce at which time we're ON.

Speaking about it actually breaks a self-imposed ban, but i shall continue to respond as to increase the boobie factor in the thread.

I miss the days of feuding with the Post's Nunyo Demasio.  He definitely wasn't a fan of Art or this message board:  

http://thebiglead.com/2007/09/14/si-those-pesky-redskins-fans-and-writers-double-dipping-an-interview-with-nunyo-demasio/

(Also interesting: he seemed to have just disappeared off the face of the earth in 2007 after leaving the Post for SI.  I can't find anything he's wrote in the past 7 years, except he apparently has a book with Bill Parcells that's coming out in October.)  

I miss the days of feuding with the Post's Nunyo Demasio.  He definitely wasn't a fan of Art or this message board:  

http://thebiglead.com/2007/09/14/si-those-pesky-redskins-fans-and-writers-double-dipping-an-interview-with-nunyo-demasio/

(Also interesting: he seemed to have just disappeared off the face of the earth in 2007 after leaving the Post for SI.  I can't find anything he's wrote in the past 7 years, except he apparently has a book with Bill Parcells that's coming out in October.)  

There's a reason.

He didn't leave the Post under friendly terms.   He was terminated BECAUSE of his inept coverage of the team, but came to an agreement to get out and rescued, but he blew that because, well, he was INEPT.   

Was.

Remains.

Hell of a story had the City Pages spent half the time looking into as it did thinking I was a paid Snyder employee writing whatever Dan told me to write.   But, there's a reason you work for the City Pages, and it's not usually focused ambition and talent.

The story told here by Dan is entire fiction.   This is closer to the truth....Assumes he's not actually already on the payroll even as we speak.   And given you do not know who Andyman actually was, I can say you do not know who he is :).

Hahaha, Len, what an *******.  I never had the pleasure of telling him that to his face, but I did send him plenty of emails.  Glad he's gone.

I was wondering if andyman might not be Karl and actually Dan.....or someone else.  Who knows man, it would be cooler to find out on my deathbed who we were chatting with.  Hopefully in person  :D .  

Just remember that all.  When I die, I want ES members there in mass.  That's the only request I'll make.  lol

Reading this thread has made me realize just how much this board has changed. I actually look fondly at those days, even though it was a much more, uhm, immature place at times, lol. 

I think of posters like Brandon Lloyd Christmas ....That was fun, honestly.  

Ugh.  BLC was not always fun.  But, I do remember people getting much more "animated" around here.  lol

Yes....The good old days.

Man, we could have a whole thread of these kinds of stories.  I love this stuff.

Have to admit, this is an interesting thread as this was probably before my time (the first few years I followed ES I was more a lurker). :ph34r:

However, the name Art seemed to be revered and held in high regards. Therefore, I took notice. :D

I think most posters at this time believed/suspected Andyman was in fact Swanson. I, for one, have never seen anything to confirm either way. I chalk it up to the lore that is ES, and think of it as the great cliffhanger it is. Only those in the know will truly ever know. :P

Great reading and history lesson though. And glad to see you're still around, Art. Always found your posts/threads to be entertaining.

The first page of this thread and the 2nd page of this thread are almost polar opposites lol...

As for Andyman, many kept thinking it was Vinny...something about the letters in "Andyman" spelled Dan...something...I dunno.

As for Art and Len P., I remember it the way Art described it on this thread. I do remember some media member making the claim that Art physically threatened him (never said how, though, I don't think)...and I do seem to recall something about the whole shibang being recorded...and then the allegations kind of evaporated after that.

As I remember it too, back then the media types were not real happy that the Skins had granted media access to some "Fanboys".  Good times!

Fan boys was the term used constantly on sportsjournalists.com

Now it is common place across all sports. North American sports teams quickly found that bloggers were a great new way to get coverage directly to the masses

Good to hear from Art again.  I can't recall if I joined 2002 or technically 2003, but I definitely read the board a lot before my join date.  It supplanted MouthOff sports/KFFL for me, though I still love the guys at KFFL and CPND.  I think the board has changed to a degree, there's no denying it that a lot of work had to go in to get the quality back up after the invasion of thousands of fans/trolls.  I'm stunned that it's been so long.  I still have my hat and fleece.  Remember when we had to raise funds to support the board? ha

I do miss the frequent player interviews we used to get here.

Archived