Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES NOSTALGIA THREAD feat. Art, Die Hard, Henry, TK, PCS, Tarhog, and Karl Swanson

E33Green

Just remember that all.  When I die, I want ES members there in mass.  That's the only request I'll make.  lol

Good thing for you I just looked at my book, it appears my next opening is in 2025 for any funeral related expenses, mine or otherwise. ;>}

I just realized I've been here over 12 years.

When I started, there was a poster named R0mo -and he was a Skins fan from Canada. The first guy I remember getting a lifetime ban was an Islamic fundamentalist whackjob named Kefka. I think the 2nd might've been Smoot21, and several of the posters were from a group known as the Dead Tree Crew.

Art also threatened to beat up another mod, said that Vinny was doing a great job, thought the old ball coach was a great hire after we saw what he could do and banned a guy for calling a tight end an H Back.  But I digress.

Complete fiction.

Mostly fiction, or, plausibly nearly entirely incomplete.

True, but shared by all given the limited context of the statement, prior to after we saw what he could do.

Complete fiction.

But, if you have anything factual to say, feel free to let me know as I'm happy to answer.   It is odd to me given all I've done that the only things people seem to have a problem with are those things they've made up.   Turn on a night light if you get bad dreams at night, but, take caution about blaming others for your own limitations.

I do miss the frequent player interviews we used to get here.

I'll let you in on something. Those were some the biggest pains in the arse there ever was to transcribe. Sometimes it was the recording quality, sometimes it was how a guy spoke....or attempted to speak. Some of it was the recording technology was there, but only in it's infant stages, IE: no Audacity program to clean it up with if we had just wanted to run with audio in a player for you to hear.

But if you want to hear some that are cleaned up, & some that aren't, go to iTunes & search out the old HTTR24/7 podcasts as myself & JSteelz would clean those up & edit out all of Dukes N Skins "ummm....ummm...ummmms" :) The later ones on HTTR247.com, we quit editing just to get them up quicker & so we weren't chopping the last two hours of LL talking Xs & Os where everyone else went back to muting their line & watching tv. :D

When I started, there was a poster named R0mo -and he was a Skins fan from Canada. The first guy I remember getting a lifetime ban was an Islamic fundamentalist whackjob named Kefka. I think the 2nd might've been Smoot21, and several of the posters were from a group known as the Dead Tree Crew.

Oh geez Kefka. King of the cut and paste with no links. He only posted "The truth".  Few Cowboys fans were right there with him and the others when it came to bans. Two-deep whatever being one of the first. Then came "Cooter". Classic. 

This all took place slightly before my time paying attention on this board, and it's really fascinating. I learned bits and pieces by things inferred in posts over the years, but this definitely fills in some blanks. A few things I had no idea about. Thank you for the ES history lesson.

It was definitely an interesting time to be on the board. I'm glad to be a part of it.

Some of you are amusing :).

And, as Rick says, some of you don't know what you don't know.   But, this is Extremeskins, so speaking on topic about a topic you know little about is how we do, so keep doing.

Hey Art! I still miss the weekly blogs you and Om wrote during the season. Way to stay positive.

Good thing for you I just looked at my book, it appears my next opening is in 2025 for any funeral related expenses, mine or otherwise. ;>}

Then it's set!  lol  just kidding.  I can't die....

Art also...banned a guy for calling a tight end an H Back.  But I digress.

Complete fiction.

Dang it, I was hoping that one was true.  That would be hilarious.

I most definitely remember andyman...his anonymity gave more allure to the whole thing. I was never THAT in tune to know who he may have been, so this thread was a little surprising when I learned of his true identity.

But to me, MSF will always be the #1 anomaly on this board!

For some reason MSF popped into my head about a month ago, reading a thread here. I hope he's doing well, wherever he is.

Personally, I think what was funnier, was for several years, having Chris Russell trying to figure out who I was. And this was after sitting next to him & even eating right across a table from him various press boxes. Russell took a LOT of **** on twitter from myself, JSteelz, & LL when he first arrived, but finally started to check some facts & get his ish together. 

Where has LL been at lately? Haven't seen him on twitter either...

Haha the Dead Tree Crew, A.K.A. the Icy Hot Stuntaz.  I guess they all grew up, had kids, and are rollin' around the DMV in minivans now.

Many yrs ago I used to go to the DTC tailgate. Isn't he in jail or wasn't he in jail. He used to call out rival. Team fans with his megaphone. Definitely a piece of work.

Art also threatened to beat up another mod, said that Vinny was doing a great job, thought the old ball coach was a great hire after we saw what he could do and banned a guy for calling a tight end an H Back. But I digress.

Rumor has it he nut tapped big foot, too. Some nerve.

Haha the Dead Tree Crew, A.K.A. the Icy Hot Stuntaz.  I guess they all grew up, had kids, and are rollin' around the DMV in minivans now.

Dude.   You invoked the Icy Hot Stuntaz.   I was weirdly fond of the Dead Tree Crew, but, have to admit, the Icy Hot Stuntaz comparison was remarkably funny.

The DTC will never die.........

Art!  What up!

My man.   Good to see some of you boys rolling around here.    You were always a lively bunch.

Rumor has it he nut tapped big foot, too. Some nerve.

Get with the rumored program, KDawg.   I clearly threatened to beat up Big Foot.   I don't bother trapping.   I just randomly threaten people constantly, even when there are witnesses who say precisely the opposite who were actually there, it's still apparently true.   I am finding the concept I threatened Om (as told me by another when I said, "WTF was that Rocky posted") wildly odd given HE can tell you it never happened as he's still around and all.

The board does seem to self moderate a bit better than it did in those days.  I miss bubba's inputs as and i know those of you who actually knew him miss a great deal more than that. Still the best team forum on the interwebs.

In the old days Extremeskins was, initially, founded on the concept of Extreme Conflict.   It's what got hits.   "I love conflict," was my exact response to Die Hard when he told me what he was starting and what he wanted me to do.   Moderation, in those days, was in your face and very open as we rarely banned.   We did develop methods short of banning to control the true unruly.

We even developed a "Miserable" code set where we could put people in and every click was delayed and slow and would time out and the like to make their time on the board unbearable.   We did find that immensely pleasing.   There's less of the wild nature here than their used to be, which is probably a good thing.

Archived