Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

.....and the NFL blows it again.

mtruslow

NFL could make much more money offering single team or a cluster of teams packages bundled with redzone and making it available to all satellite/cable providers. Limiting it to directv customers only and making one own the entire thing I'm sure has turned away a lot of people, hence the popularity of streaming sites. Most people I see try to negotiate with directv to get it for free anyway. 

I just called Direct TV trying to get the NFL Sunday Ticket streaming and it's a no go unless you have a Direct TV account.  I thought that we were all going to have the option of streaming the games online this year??  I'm so disgusted.  

Look into:

1. NFL Game Pass for International Users

2. VPN services like Private Internet Access

3. This guide: http://help.unotelly.com/support/articles/24706-how-to-get-nfl-game-pass-and-watch-live-games-in-usa-canada-uk-and-ireland-without (you dont actually need to use the service they say, but it breaks down what limitations there are).

NFL could make much more money offering single team or a cluster of teams packages bundled with redzone and making it available to all satellite/cable providers. Limiting it to directv customers only and making one own the entire thing I'm sure has turned away a lot of people, hence the popularity of streaming sites. Most people I see try to negotiate with directv to get it for free anyway. 

If they could make more money that way they would do it.

I'm right there with you!! It's 2014 and there is no other option to see your favorite NFL team every Sunday other than signing up for 2 years of DISH service. I would be willing to pay any reasonable amount of money on a per game basis or a package deal. I have zero interest in getting the service and have read tons of reviews online about how poor the reception is. So ultimately the fan loses out on seeing there favorite team every week, and DISH loses out on millions of dollars. Yep , the whole thing is pathetic and I'm right there with you. 

I'm hoping this changes when the NFL re-dos the deal with DISH because I'm willing to pay a up to $300-$400 to see the Skins every week. Here's to hoping. Disgusted is putting it lightly, It's an outrage!

Number one pal, it has plenty to do with the Redskins since I'm a Redskins fan living in Ravens territory in Towson Maryland. 

I'm not your pal, buddy.

Also, I was trying to help you. Breaking board rules, won't get you more televised games. There is a thread about watching games. I live on a freaking island and I can see them. Loosen up.

I'm right there with you!! It's 2014 and there is no other option to see your favorite NFL team every Sunday other than signing up for 2 years of DISH service. I would be willing to pay any reasonable amount of money on a per game basis or a package deal. I have zero interest in getting the service and have read tons of reviews online about how poor the reception is. So ultimately the fan loses out on seeing there favorite team every week, and DISH loses out on millions of dollars. Yep , the whole thing is pathetic and I'm right there with you.

I'm hoping this changes when the NFL re-dos the deal with DISH because I'm willing to pay a up to $300-$400 to see the Skins every week. Here's to hoping. Disgusted is putting it lightly, It's an outrage!

If you are going to slam and complain could you at least get the name of the satellite provider correct? It's Direct TV not DISH.

Also if 1080p HD reception is bad, not sure what your expectations are. And you are willing to drop $400/yr but not a subscription and get it for $150 or free each year lol.

To each their own.

First of all I want to apologize to the forum member I offended by calling him "pal".  Sorry friend, just frustrated with the year in and year out hoop jumping to get the Redskins games.  I appreciate everyone's suggestions and I'm sure come Sunday I'll either go to the Redskins bar in Canton and end up watching the game there or figure out something else.  I just don't understand why the hell the NFL is so un fan friendly.  It just makes no sense.  All the games should be available for everyone to see on television by pay per view or online.  

If they could make more money that way they would do it.

They definitely could because they'd be offering their services to more providers. 

Instead they do an exclusive contracts to milk 1 company for a lot of money and the companies all fight for it because they know it is a big cash cow that will bring them subscribers. 

The reason the NFL settles for just 1 service provider is because they still make a lot of money off the contract but they keep things very, very simple by sticking to 1 provider (documents, fees, paperwork, overhead, formatting games for various provider specifications, etc. etc.). 

The NFL could definitely make a lot more money offering its games to multiple providers, but it would have to put more effort forth to do so . It would be nice if multiple providers had access though, because at least 1 of them would do single team or cluster team packages instead of total packages in order to gain an edge over competition. Right now directv just does what cable companies do, which is force you to buy a total package just so you can have access to the few you care about.

It's about money, plain and simple. They aren't going to make as much money if everyone had access to it or multiple providers had it.

Other providers would pay close to what directv does to also gain access. Just having 1 provider to deal with makes things more convenient for the NFL, and also allows them to charge a bit extra for granting exclusive rights. 

My hope is that internet trends continue and kill off cable companies just like it killed off movie rental stores and is helping kill off CDs. Cable and dish companies are a rip off and force customers into packages they don't want. It's a terrible model but they could get away with it because there weren't other options (for cable there still aren't options in most areas, a BS monopoly). Again though hopefully internet streaming trends continue and kill off the traditional cable format so that eventually everyone has internet, your tv is wired to the internet, and that is how you get various tv programs and then can choose among channels instead of having to buy whole packages, and hopefully NFL wakes up and starts offering this kind of service. 

Another possible solution: If you have a pal (no offense anyone, haha) who does have Sunday Ticket, offer to help pay for Sunday Ticket Max, and they could let you use their credentials to log on and watch online The user account can only be logged on and watching on one device (besides also being able to watch on TV) at a time, but I worked it out with a friend of mine so he could watch Chargers games. I think the difference between Sunday Ticket and Sunday Ticket Max is around $15 a month. Blackout rules might cause issues though, but I think for you that would mean it was on locally.

If you are going to slam and complain could you at least get the name of the satellite provider correct? It's Direct TV not DISH.

Also if 1080p HD reception is bad, not sure what your expectations are. And you are willing to drop $400/yr but not a subscription and get it for $150 or free each year lol.

To each their own.

Thank you. That entire post was garbage. Don't think he got one single thing right.

It's pretty simple:

1. Stop being cheap and sign up for Directv/ST.

or

2. Watch at a bar or friend's house.

Archived