Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What Will You Be Looking For In Tomorrow's Tampa Bay Game?

Diehard Otis

Sure, the FG kicking is madly important, but I'd take half a tick down on the FG kicking percentage if the TB percentage went up significantly.  

I understand your point and in theory I agree.  But considering our tick downs have usually been horribleness which resulted in me having mild panic attacks when we line up for a field goal...

I hope you'll forgive me for holding onto Cobra Kai's plantfoot with clinched fists.

Maybe this will be my look back at the end of the season and say I'm wrong.  But I've been more patient with the last couple of kickers we've had then some.

1. Pray for no injuries. We dont need any ever especially this close to the start of the season

2. I really want to see Seastrunk solidify a spot on this roster with a strong performance. I like him over Redd and dont like seeing draft picks get cut but he has to prove he belongs here still

3. I want to see a reason Kai should be cut before it happens. Sorry but for a guy whos entering his third season as a Kicker I dont like giving up on him so quickly. I fear he gets cut, the rookie struggles and costs us a game later, while he goes on to another team and we regret it. I get that the rookie was drafted and while I dont like cutting them I believe rookie kickers are far to volital to trust. It takes some time for them to develop too

I'm a big Forbath guy, so I've really wanted him to get a handle on these kickoffs so he could stay around.  I think he could be one of the best kickers we've ever had and one of the best in the league.  I hadn't felt that confident in attempting field goals in a long time until he showed up. 

If he can improve on the kickoffs, then I think we'll cover them better and we can get by.  

Don't understand this comment or how it relates to the discussion.  Please explain?

It's just a joke because usually darrellgreenie starts these pre-game threads.  That's all.  Just an inside joke that us on the forum tend to appreciate.  No harm intended.

No doubt Diehard Otis got the joke.  I believe he's been here long enough.

I think the job is already hockers.

Really?  Is it just because he's a draft pick?  I just don't get the feeling that Hocker has proven anything yet.  He's been pretty much a mirror of Forbath, but Kai has experience behind him.  

If it's true that Hocker can really just put the ball out of the end zone every time, then I'd agree with you, but as far as we've seen, that hasn't been proven (though, like I suggested previously, that may be because he was told to give the ST a chance to see what they can do). 

I'm fine with cutting Forbath, just wish I felt more sure about what Hocker brings to the table.

It's just a joke because usually darrellgreenie starts these pre-game threads.  That's all.  Just an inside joke that us on the forum tend to appreciate.  No harm intended.

No doubt Diehard Otis got the joke.  I believe he's been here long enough.

Really?  Is it just because he's a draft pick?  I just don't get the feeling that Hocker has proven anything yet.  He's been pretty much a mirror of Forbath, but Kai has experience behind him.  

If it's true that Hocker can really just put the ball out of the end zone every time, then I'd agree with you, but as far as we've seen, that hasn't been proven (though, like I suggested previously, that may be because he was told to give the ST a chance to see what they can do). 

I'm fine with cutting Forbath, just wish I felt more sure about what Hocker brings to the table.

Yeah, that's why. They seem the same with FGs, but Hocker can boom it. Kai can't.

I really don't care about the kicking game, unless they screw up.

...In tomorrow's Pre-Season wrap up game, what will you specifically be looking for out of the players or the team?

Obviously, most of us are going to watch the game.  So what things will you be paying attention to or looking for?

First, I'll be curious whether Tampa plays their 1s.

I recall 3 years ago we played our 2s and they played their 1s.

SECONDARY-

Who is gonna start at SS. I assume the starter at SS tomorrow will be the same player that starts against Houston.

My guess is Trenton Robinson. But I would also love for Akeem Davis to step up an earn a spot.

I expect Breeland to shine.

OL-

I want to see Morgan Moses start at RT or at least play therebefore the game becomes meaningless.

I think our OL should dominate.

SKILL POSITION PLAYERS-(Royster, Seastrunk, Aldrick, Grant, Paul)

I expect our 2nd string skill position players to standout IF Tampa plays their 2s on defense.

LINEBACKER

I will be watching the ILB especially Will Compton, if he doesn't vomit on himself he should make the squad. I think Adam Hayward will look like a stud out there.

DL

Who will play on the DL?

dg,  :ols:  

I want to see KC1 BLOW IT UP!!! 400 yards, 8 TDs in the first half, so half this board literally (not even figuratively) explodes.

If GD Biggers plays safety, I want him to play so historically bad a WR stops and apologizes to him to him and lays down so Biggers can act like he made a tackle. That way, no coach can pretend it was ever or will ever, be an acceptable idea.

I want to see if CTs ankles break or not, after 10 carries.

Nick Williams. Is he the next (insert white WR we call smart, even though he is fast and quick, yet still white) or not?

Starters aren't playing. Gruden said that yesterday

I'll watch it after my two basketball games...or I'll just play madden

I'll watch eventually tho lol

I think all of the starting except for Williams should start tomorrow. Im not looking forward to Clowney and Watt week 1.

Yeah, that's why. They seem the same with FGs, but Hocker can boom it. Kai can't.

When does he boom it?  Honest question, cause I haven't seen it.  Does he show it in practice or warm ups? 

I really don't care about the kicking game, unless they screw up.

Then you've cared a lot over the years.  ;)

I'm looking for whatever Chris Thompson shows in practice that has him 3rd on the depth chart with barely a sweat being broken.

Still waiting to be blown away. I want him to show me why he should get a spot over Evan Royster.

I also want to see balls thrown to Ryan Grant.. Like everyone else, I'm very impressed.. i love how he catches the ball out in front and the moves he makes once he has it. He's got something. Very solid fundamentals very good discipline.

i want Grant to kick somebody's ass off the team tonight. I don't know who, and I don't care who,, I want him to make it an easy decision for Gruden.

~Bang

Archived