Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

While we're at it, **** Manziel

steve09ru

Funny, people here are happy to dump on another team's qb but have been up in flames for the last 2 years about people doing the same with RG3.

Hypocrisy, how does it work again?

Do you really wanna compare the two's actions that have warranted the criticism?

Manziel

- Accused of breaking NCAA rules (receiving money)

- Blows off being a member at the Manning Camp

- Party animal (At other schools campuses, cocaine rumors in Vegas)

- On field persona (Taunting/trash talk/obscene gestures)

Robert

- "Obnoxious" tshirts, sock wearer / slogan user.

Yea.. Totally hypocritical to side with one vs the other.

are you really comparing Manziel to RG3? :huh:

No, read more carefully.

I said people here are acting the same about Manziel that they've been crying about other fans talking about rg3, calling him names, hoping he gets beat up all season, hoping his career is a miserable failure etc.

Regardless of what either guy did or didn't do, it's still hypocritical of this fanbase to whine and cry about how other fans talk bad about rg3, then sit here and do the exact same thing to another team's qb with the same amount of vitriol.

No, read more carefully.

I said people here are acting the same about Manziel that they've been crying about other fans talking about rg3, calling him names, hoping he gets beat up all season, hoping his career is a miserable failure etc.

Regardless of what either guy did or didn't do, it's still hypocritical of this fanbase to whine and cry about how other fans talk bad about rg3, then sit here and do the exact same thing to another team's qb with the same amount of vitriol.

I got the impression people were more upset by "unfair" criticism aimed at Griffin.  In other words, the constant rumors that he's a bad teammate against all the proof that he's a great leader on the team, and the denial of teammates and coaches. 

If Griffin were out partying all the time, rolling bills for lines, and giving the finger to the opposing bench, I don't think you'd hear as much crying.

If Manziel had shown the potential to win rookie of the year and become an actual NFL QB, or if he's shown that he was in the least devoted to becoming a better QB, or even just taking his job seriously instead of looking like he figured all this would just be easy for him, then I think the criticism would be unfounded.  

So far, Manziel deserves the criticism he's getting, Griffin deserves some criticism for last season perhaps (though Shanahan deserves far more) but criticism of his character?  

I think most Skins fans expect fans of other teams to hate our QB, that's what happens after he shows he might be the next big thing.  If Johnny Manziel were our QB, I'd expect the same thing.  It's the media's unfair criticism against all the facts that is unjustified, not opposing fans.

I agree i think this is sweet justice that Kyle is stuck with him. And when he fails, Kyle will be the first one to take the fall because of course it couldnt be Johnny Clipboards fault. They just said the main reason he isnt starting is his struggles with the playbook. Griffin took that playbook to the greastest rookie season for QBs in the history of the game. We shouldnt hear another word about Johnny Clipboard until he actually does something of note.

When Kerrigan got his first sack, he and a couple other defensive players stood over Manziel and mocked him by doing his gesture of rubbing fingers together.  It was clear they were going to rag on him all game.

I found it really hard to control my enthusiasm...LOL :lol:

I understand all the criticisms of him.  He's an obnoxious punk.  But something about him makes me want to see him do well.

I think I have a soft spot for Cleveland, all the crap the fans have been through, most of my in-laws are Browns fans, and I'd like to see them beat up on the Pats and Broncos.

Football fans have seen what traits an elite QB have - Manziel has a long, long way to go.

LOL....for a guy who has the microscope on him 24/7, this wasn't a good look.  Rather than talking about how the Browns QB situation is about neck-and-neck, we're now going to hear about Manziel's lack of maturity from the ESPN hype machine for the next couple of days.  Oh well...it is what it is.  Still pulling for the kid.  He's got a great chance in the next couple of weeks to win the starting job.  Let's see how he rebounds. 

I'm probably one of like 5 people on this board who is with you on pulling for the guy, though he's not getting the gig any time soon.

I just want at least one successful quarterback in this era that doesn't operate like a goddamn robot and has a life outside of the game.

No, read more carefully.

man, you're talking to the wrong fans. the nfl fans that i talk to have never said they hope RG3 gets injured, or that he has a miserable career. you just gotta be friends with better, cooler nfl fans :D

No, read more carefully.

That's an...  let's call it 'interesting' definition of hypocrisy.

Archived