Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I want to sue the republican party for willful denial of scientific evidence about climate change.

Mad Mike

11 minutes ago, Zguy28 said:

I'm a self-described conservative, but believe climate change is real. However, even the article admits that the example farmer's fallow fields were salted from hurricane Florence. The deniers will latch onto that.

Fair. Although hurricane intensity is well correlated to be impacted by climate change too.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, AsburySkinsFan said:

Thanks for nuthin' bub, why don't you just sit down and listen for awhile. Might learn sumthin'.

obviously not if it resembles that :ols:

Shell has spent Billions because it is the price of doing business today in their business model, and some is driven by the sue and settle game the govt set up.

40 minutes ago, Burgold said:

Fair. Although hurricane intensity is well correlated to be impacted by climate change too.

and the sinking of the land.

If only the North was still buried under ice the plate wouldn't be tipping.

1 hour ago, twa said:

obviously not if it resembles that :ols:

Shell has spent Billions because it is the price of doing business today in their business model, and some is driven by the sue and settle game the govt set up.

God you really are just a Sally-Say-A-Lot doll, the article posted earlier specifically notes that the billions being spent are on RESEARCH not legal. It's like arguing with a bot that has only so many pre-programmed responses, and when it doesn't have one that fits it gets confused and just brings up a red herring.

4 hours ago, AsburySkinsFan said:

God you really are just a Sally-Say-A-Lot doll, the article posted earlier specifically notes that the billions being spent are on RESEARCH not legal. It's like arguing with a bot that has only so many pre-programmed responses, and when it doesn't have one that fits it gets confused and just brings up a red herring.

Yes research, which is needed because of increased regulations and limits on emissions.

AND much of the research dollars are from agreements made from the sue and settle game and violation settlements.

Wanna guess how much research BP had to fund after the Horizon blowout?

https://www.wsj.com/articles/stopping-sue-and-settle-1508369052

you have no clue

33 minutes ago, twa said:

Yes research, which is needed because of increased regulations and limits on emissions.

AND much of the research dollars are from agreements made from the sue and settle game and violation settlements.

you have no clue

Yawwwwnnnnnn......you keep running around in circles. Go back and read the article on carbon recapture. I'm done doing your homework.

18 hours ago, twa said:

I've posted more articles on carbon capture/sequestration research/tech than anyone here.

No you haven't, nor have you ever shown even a middle-school level grasp of knowledge on these issues. Feel free to find yourself on this graph:

Dunning%20Kruger%20Chart.jpg?itok=BNNfmc

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

On 3/4/2019 at 8:18 AM, twa said:

and the sinking of the land.

If only the North was still buried under ice the plate wouldn't be tipping.

On 3/4/2019 at 2:02 PM, twa said:

you have no clue

And you need a few. 

Edited by skinsmarydu

On 3/8/2019 at 12:52 PM, stevemcqueen1 said:

I'm at the point where I think we need a law that makes Climate Change Denial a capital crime punished by two bullets to the back of the head.

that tactic does eliminate the opposition, but is not very environmentally conscious.

may I suggest a bolt gun?

https://www.fastcompany.com/90311509/we-have-to-fix-fashion-if-we-want-to-survive-the-next-century

"We have to fix fashion if we want to survive the climate crisis"

I just want to use this story to make the point that a lot of time people (especially liberals) get caught up on fixing climate change (and a lot of other problems we face) by introducing new technology (or other new ideas).  Just basic conservation would go along way in helping fixing climate change (and I suspect addressing a lot of other issues).

• Like 1