Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I want to sue the republican party for willful denial of scientific evidence about climate change.

Mad Mike

How many times have they mentioned it prominently in the last week?

Your link even shows no real contender supports it....unless you consider Booker a contender :ols:

2 minutes ago, twa said:

How many times have they mentioned it prominently in the last week?

Your link even shows no real contender supports it....unless you consider Booker a contender :ols:

So we have now moved the goal posts from “no one in the Democratic Party talks about nuclear power” to “who talked about it last week” and “no real contender supports it”. 

Never change, even in the face of being proven wrong again and again and again and again. 

6 minutes ago, twa said:

This nonsense in the same post falsely chiding others for not supporting nuclear power LOL. 

Reality: Democrats in congress passed bills supporting development and innovations in nuclear power. Several Presidential candidates in the Democratic Party support nuclear power.

Mouth breathing GOP person: The Democratic Party doesn't support nuclear power. No wait, they haven't talked about it in the last week! No no, no "real contender" supports it. I am right and you have reading issues.

24 minutes ago, twa said:

Which Contender for 2020 supports it according to your own link?

You are just as capable as I am of opening links given to you.

Considering the Obama admin approved the construction of new nuclear reactors for the first time in over 30 years, this was a stupid article written for dumb partisan hacks and apparently, it reached its intended audience. This is without even considering the Democrats recent support for passing legislation dealing with nuclear power innovation.

So even if we shift the goal posts to "only real contenders", the current front runner was VP in the administration that supported the development and use of nuclear power, probably more so than other admins in recent history. And the party in general is not "hostile" to nuclear power, and continues supporting its development and advancement.

Edited by No Excuses

If anyone hasn't watched it yet, Chernobyl miniseries on HBO provides a compelling view into what happens when dishonest party men believe their own lies and refuse to listen to their scientists on critical issues.

The director for Chernobyl on the parallels between Soviet hacks and today's GOP:

Edited by No Excuses
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, twa said:

It certainly demonstrates how easily govt abuses power when they have it.

But we have had countless examples of that throughout history.

And are gleefully blazing new territory on a daily basis. 

18 minutes ago, twa said:

It certainly demonstrates how easily govt abuses power when they have it.

But we have had countless examples of that throughout history.

Governments abuse power when led by dishonest men (Trump and the gOP) and people who cheer on the dishonesty (you).

You should watch it. It's a complete indictment of people like you who follow the party line even in the face of overwhelming evidence.

Edited by No Excuses
  • Like 3

I've watched Chernobyl, as well as already being familiar with Russian politics/power structure.

I do admit I prefer Trump's less capable efforts to Hillary's with her leg humpers :ols:

you might give that self reflection a try.

On the topic of nuclear, and Russia, and energy, I remember something I'd read by a science fiction writer, that might be worth discussing. 

He said that the way Russia dealt with radioactive waste was, they use chemicals to turn it into radioactive liquid, and then they pump it into oil wells that are empty. 

Their reasoning being that the oil stayed in that hole hole in the ground for millions of years. 

Although he then observed that many critics doubt their sincerity, and cynically point out that all the oil wells they use for this are in Poland. (Assume its an old article, and things are different now). 

13 minutes ago, twa said:

I've watched Chernobyl, as well as already being familiar with Russian politics/power structure.

I do admit I prefer Trump's less capable efforts to Hillary's with her leg humpers :ols:

you might give that self reflection a try.

Here is one of those pesky facts that can't get in the way of your party line: Trump is the most dishonest person to hold office in the US in recent history. The speed and extent to which he lies is only possible because of people like you who bathe in dishonesty themselves.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2019/03/04/president-trump-has-made-false-or-misleading-claims-over-days/?utm_term=.54f09cd98ffc

No amount of "But Hillary" will ever change that, just like when the Soviets would engage in their own whataboutism of "But the WEST!!!". There is one person normalizing dishonesty and deceit at record levels and he is the leader of your Dear Party and he couldn't have done it without you, so job well done I guess.

So you think I should support the accomplished liar over the incompetent one? :ols:

Larry Russia stored and dumped nuclear waste all over, not just limited to injection in wells.

10 minutes ago, twa said:

So you think I should support the accomplished liar over the incompetent one? :ols:

I don't care who you support. That is your choice to make. I am simply pointing out that you actively engage in dishonesty and provide cover for those who are doing it at levels never seen before in this country. I am telling you that you are no different than the Soviet party men who denied science in the face of overwhelming evidence.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Time to add another entry to The List Of Expertise!

Well I'm not quite expert level there, I can school some folk on it though. 😉

Both parties (R and D) have dropped the ball here.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/climate-environment/2019/06/04/government-argues-halt-youth-climate-lawsuit-saying-there-is-no-constitutional-right-stable-climate/

Government argues for halt to youth climate lawsuit, saying there is no constitutional right to a stable climate

A group of young Americans who have spent nearly four years trying to compel the federal government to take action on climate change found themselves back in court Tuesday, arguing that their unprecedented lawsuit should move forward.

And the Trump administration, like the Obama administration before it, was there to argue once again that the lawsuit should be tossed out before it ever goes to trial, both because the plaintiffs do not meet the legal requirements to bring such a suit and because “there is no fundamental constitutional right to a ‘stable climate system.’ ”

The lawsuit, filed in 2015 by 21 young people who argue that the failure of government leaders to combat climate change violates their constitutional right to a clean environment, had been scheduled to go to trial last fall before a district judge in Oregon.

But it was delayed at the last minute while the Supreme Court considered an emergency request from the government. In early November, the court refused to grant the Trump administration’s plea to stop the case before trial, instead sending it back to the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 9th Circuit.

That is where the case, known as Juliana v. United States, got its latest moment in court Tuesday afternoon.

“It is a case that is a dagger at the separation of powers,” Jeffrey Bossert Clark, an assistant attorney general for the Justice Department, argued before a panel of three appeals court judges. He added, “This is a suit that is designed to circumvent a whole bunch of statutes.”

Edited by The Evil Genius

On 6/4/2019 at 12:14 PM, twa said:

Seeing as how you and millions more support his lies, he is either less incompetent than I thought or the GOP base is many times more so.

hint: It’s the second option. It’s amazing how stupid they really are.

Earth's carbon dioxide levels are highest they've been in millions of years

Carbon dioxide – the gas scientists say is most responsible for global warming – peaked again at record levels last month, scientists announced Tuesday.

Levels at Hawaii’s Mauna Loa Observatory averaged 414.8 parts per million in May, surging past yet another climate milestone. This level hasn't been seen in human history and is also higher than at any point in millions of years. 

The concentration of carbon dioxide (CO2) in the atmosphere increases every year, and the rate of increase is accelerating, scientists from the Scripps Institution of Oceanography and the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration announced.

This is the highest seasonal peak recorded in 61 years of observations on top of Hawaii’s largest volcano, and the seventh consecutive year of steep global increases in concentrations of CO2. The 2019 peak value was 3.5 parts per million higher than the 411.3 ppm peak reached in May 2018; this is the 2nd-highest annual jump on record.

While 414 parts per million may not sound like a huge amount, scientists have known for decades that even trace amounts in the atmosphere can raise temperatures around the world. 

Click on the link for the full article