Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Maryland Terrapins Thread

BRAVEONAWARPATH

I think Diamond comes here because we are in the Big 10 and his family gets to see him on the Big 10 network compared to if we were in the ACC.  Being in Big 10 paying dividends already

I'm using up all my likes. This is a great point that i hadn't even thought of. I'm sure it was mentioned, but another thing I think that speaks volumes about Turgeon and this staff is not trotting Melo back out there against WVA in the most important game for this team in years. That's a clear message that this coach, and the staff, do really care about the well-being and long term future of these kids. Not just lip service. I think potential future recruits have got to see that as the type of program they want to be a part of, and the kind of coach they want to play for. Maybe there wasn't a choice, really, I don't know, but I think it shows everyone Turgeon has their backs, on the court and off.

Badger fans are so salty right now.  :lol:

For example:

"He wanted to go to Maryland? The kid wasn’t from anywhere near Maryland, could have gone to any school in the country he wanted and he chose Maryland? No. No one does that. It’s never happened in forever because there’s nothing even remotely compelling about Mark Turgeon’s Maryland. Gary Williams was a great coach who did things the right way and won. That was compelling. Turgeon is getting into the underbelly the way Williams never would and it’s gross. His program and the UA connection is a disgrace to the Big Ten."

"His program and the UA connection is a disgrace to the Big Ten."

This part cracks me up. I guess its a big deal the MD is sponsored by UA, but not a big deal that Wisconsin athletes get all kinds of free gear from Adidas. 30 years ago, when only certain schools had shoe contracts, this was probably a big deal. Now, every big school is sponsored by one of these companies and gets all kinds of free stuff for their athletes.

#Terps fans: MUST read. RT @bruce_arthur On the legend of @greivisvasquez at Maryland, where he remains deeply loved: http://www.thestar.com/sports/basketball/2015/03/28/for-greivis-vasquez-his-time-in-maryland-was-nirvana-arthur.html

Good luck ladies

Um...No offense but I hope you are both underwhelmed by your prospects this year.

Terrapins Insider ‏@TerpsInsider  3m

Per source, Melo Trimble and Jake Layman will "go through the process" of evaluating where they stand for NBA Draft before making decision.

#LRT about what we should have expected to hear on Trimble/Layman. Not worried, think both will be back to improve stock.

Edited by SoulSkin

I mean this is a big get. People (even in here) act like UMD isn't a big basketball program, when in reality it is and should be a top 15 program historically. I mean I wasn't alive my UMD was extremely prominent in the lates 70s and early 80s, then got castrated by the NCAA after Bias. Then Williams really put us back on the map in the 90s and late 00s, but became complacent I believe or had too much pride in terms of recruiting.

Seriously We went to two straight final 4s and won a ship, then fell of that map (as a major program nonetheless). The fact that UMD hasn't been to the sweet 16 since 2003 is a crime, that should change next year.

Trimble, Nickens, Layman, Carter, and Diamond is a hell of a lineup. Wiley, Brantley, Dodd, Chevosky on the bench is nice as well.

Honestly Wiley is really good too but he just had the jitters he needs to man up, and if I'm the coach Chevosky is hitting that weight room hard from now until next season him putting on 20 pounds or so of muscle would be huge for him.

All this hype kind of dies If Melo declares. Layman, on the other hand, pretty safe bet that he returns. I'd prefer Melo skip the process and just say he's coming back to school.

He will barely go in the first round if he goes.  He needs to go in the lottery in order to make a decision. 

TERPS ARE ELITE! (1) @umdwbb defeats (4) Duke 65-55 and advances to the field of eight. They will play Monday night! #GoTerps

Maryland WBB

Maryland is now 2-0 against Duke in the postseason, and the Terps have won 27 consecutive games. #GoTerps #UnitedWeCan #EliteEightBound

Maryland WBB

Maryland gets to its second straight Elite Eight, and the Terps' sixth under @BrendaFrese. The Terps are now 10-2 in Sweet Sixteens.

Retweet

Favorite

More

#Terps PG Melo Trimble told me today he won't declare for NBA draft if he's not a likely lottery pick. He'll meet w/ Turgeon again this wk.

Mark Giannotto @mgiannotto

Trimble also noted he will likely wait until the NBA's early entry deadline (April 26) is closer to make a final decision.

Edited by BRAVEONAWARPATH

rumors are that his dad got a consulting job with UA and that he failed his ACT and wisconsin didn't accept his scores. 

I'm going to guess false until proven otherwise, and I don't even like Maryland.  The Big10 as a conference has (usually) tried to keep it's academic profile clean.  I'd have to think if he failed something and his scores weren't high enough for one conference member's minimum standards, it wouldn't be for the other.  Maryland is a good academic school.  I'll go with bitter Wisconsin driven rumor until it comes out as true.

The job thing...well, I don't think any school have been above that in the past.

Both teams (MD and Wisconsin) will still kick my team's ass in basketball year in and year out, regardless.

• Like 1

rumors are that his dad got a consulting job with UA and that he failed his ACT and wisconsin didn't accept his scores. 

I've heard the academic angle many times, almost entirely from Wisconsin fans.  

...Who apparently either underappreciate Maryland's academic standards, or overestimate Wisconsin's.  

Or both.

I'm going to guess false until proven otherwise, and I don't even like Maryland.  The Big10 as a conference has (usually) tried to keep it's academic profile clean.  I'd have to think if he failed something and his scores weren't high enough for one conference member's minimum standards, it wouldn't be for the other.  Maryland is a good academic school.  I'll go with bitter Wisconsin driven rumor until it comes out as true.

Oh yeah i saw the rumors on the wisconsin message board btw lol

• Like 1

LOVED Vasquez.  He was much like Walt Williams in the respect that they were basically the only guys on the team and were unstoppable.  Both were 2nd team AA and both should have been 1st team.

• Like 2