Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Maryland Terrapins Thread

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Dang, the Huggins girls are taking some serious heat on twitter.

Maryland alums emailing the AD demanding WVU apologies etc 

Specifically from Coach Huggins.

Allegedly, the game environment was pretty wild.

Accusations of racial slurs being hurled etc etc.

Just ugly.

Doesn't surprise me, sadly. Ignorant ****s are too stupid to realize that it's not like WVU is playing with Wisconsin's players. 

Not sure what Coach Huggins owes as an apology. His grown daughters are responsible for themselves and yes, WVU should take action against any employee who promotes a negative image on the university.

• Like 2

Considering Coach Huggins undoubtedly is the reason his daughter is employed by the school, yeah he has to say something.

The school probably can't stand her and this gives them a great reason to part ways.  And Huggins won't do anything about it.  What a black eye on really good win.

If anyone's going you better get there early.

President Obama will be attending the game. His niece is a freshman forward for Princeton.

FINAL @umdwbb GAMEDAY AT XFINITY! (1) Terps face undefeated (8) Princeton tonight at 6:30pm on ESPN2. #GoTerps

Edited by BRAVEONAWARPATH

2 months ago I thought Dez Wells was a surefire first round pick.  He was balling so hard, it was easy to forget how many great players there actually are in the college game.  I still think he will be a mid second round pick.  He has good size height and strength wise.  Needs to work on his shot and passing abilities.  He is best when he is going coast to coast with defenders trying to catch up to him.  When he gets in traffic he tends to get more rattled.  But with space he can finish with the best of them.

Dez is not a bad passer. He simply doesn't read the floor well.

He commits to a bad choice.

I realize we are saying kind of the same thing. He limits his options is what I am saying, because he zeroes in on a slasher or a wing.

Sometimes he should commit to the drive to get the foul.

He has decent size and is strong as they come.

I said it in an earlier post, I wish he had better handles. I think he needs to be much more consistent too though.

• Like 1

Dez is not a bad passer. He simply doesn't read the floor well.

He commits to a bad choice.

I realize we are saying kind of the same thing. He limits his options is what I am saying, because he zeroes in on a slasher or a wing.

Sometimes he should commit to the drive to get the foul.

He has decent size and is strong as they come.

I said it in an earlier post, I wish he had better handles. I think he needs to be much more consistent too though.

He needs to shoot about a million NBA 3's over the next few months. He really needed to look more for the 3 at Maryland.

Wells has an NBA body, NBA athleticism, and NBA strength. He has an NBA game. The problem is he can't shoot. Both games in the tournament, he made a move, was up in the air so quickly, was high above the defender, had an open jump shot and missed it. He has everything he needs to compete but the shot. The good news is that's the one thing he can improve. The bad news is he may have to figure it out in the NBDL. I would be SHOCKED if he gets that first round pick and guaranteed contract.

Last night on Twitter I made a mistake in saying what I did about Dez Wells.

I want to apologize to Dez Wells, the UM team, the University, it's fans, and the Jewish community for my remarks.

It was an exciting game between two great teams and emotions were out of line. I was wrong to say those things and I am sorry.

I also want to apologize to WVU. Mountaineers are better than that, and I have learned a valuable lesson.

http://maryland.247sports.com/Bolt/Old-ACC-Rival-Awaits-Maryland-Women-in-Sweet-16-36367529

Old ACC Rival Awaits Maryland Women in Sweet 16

Maryland women's basketball handled business on Monday night in College Park, handing eight-seeded Princeton (31-1) its first loss of the season in a 85-70 win. Senior guard Laurin Mincy led the way with 27 points, seven assists and four rebounds on nine of 11 shooting and helped spark a 17-2 second half run to pull away.

Up next is a trip out west on Saturday to Spokane to face an old ACC rival: the Duke Blue Devils.

The top-seeded Terps will take on the fourth-seeded Blue Devils with a spot in the Elite Eight on the line.

Maryland has made the Elite Eight three of the past four seasons.