Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Maryland Terrapins Thread

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Well, that is fantastic. Happy Friday Terps.

I Am Committing To The University Of Maryland1f422.png26ab.png1f534.png#Terps

Maryland may have a Trimble-Nickens-Layman-Carter-Stone lineup. Four All-B1G candidates, a likely top-5 preseason ranking.

http://www.testudotimes.com/2015/3/27/7996099/diamond-stone-recruiting-maryland-commits-wisconsin

Diamond Stone's dad: "All four teams were quality choices ... [but] Maryland, they've got upside."

http://maryland.247sports.com/Bolt/Diamond-Stone-Commits-to-Maryland-36447306

HaHa!

Testudo Times retweeted

Pete Volk retweeted Sean Endicott

If we, as Maryland fans, don't immediately start using "he went to Jared" for future Nickens threes, I quit

Pete Volk added,

Sean Endicott @Sean_Endicott
@testudotimes Trimble to Stone. Stone back out to Nickens. HE WENT TO JARED 1f48e.png1f48e.png1f48e.png

Edited by SoulSkin
  • Like 3

Let it go. You are presenting yourself poorly.

They won, it's over. Terps deserved to lose based on the way they played and the absurd turnovers.

I say this as a Terps alum.

Wow, nice try, Nancy.

I simply showed  him how hypocritical he was, and even before you could post this drivel, he showed he was a massive hypocrite by complaining about the officials.

Please don't embarrass yourself further.  K thks by.

Well, that is fantastic. Happy Friday Terps.

I Am Committing To The University Of Maryland1f422.png26ab.png1f534.png#Terps

Maryland may have a Trimble-Nickens-Layman-Carter-Stone lineup. Four All-B1G candidates, a likely top-5 preseason ranking.

http://www.testudotimes.com/2015/3/27/7996099/diamond-stone-recruiting-maryland-commits-wisconsin

Diamond Stone's dad: "All four teams were quality choices ... [but] Maryland, they've got upside."

http://maryland.247sports.com/Bolt/Diamond-Stone-Commits-to-Maryland-36447306

HaHa!

Testudo Times retweeted

Pete Volk retweeted Sean Endicott

If we, as Maryland fans, don't immediately start using "he went to Jared" for future Nickens threes, I quit

Pete Volk added,

Sean Endicott @Sean_Endicott
@testudotimes Trimble to Stone. Stone back out to Nickens. HE WENT TO JARED 1f48e.png1f48e.png1f48e.png

This literally is the best news for UMD basketball since they won the NCAA title, period!!!

Great, get, Turgeon.  Can't wait for next season.

• Like 1

You follow up telling someone they are embarrassing themselves with 'k thks by'

That's great

Yes, yes it is.  Just like it is great I had to show you how dumb your 'sour grapes' post was.

Sometimes, your just gotta learn them folks so-is they understand (speaking the WVA language, I'm sure  you got it).

ESPN 100 No. 7 overall and McDonald's All-American center Diamond Stone ended his recruitment on Friday by committing to the Maryland Terrapins and head coach Mark Turgeon over his home state Wisconsin along with Oklahoma State and Connecticut.

This is a huge pick up for the Terps as they continue to build momentum after a great first season in the Big Ten.

Diamond Stone's inside-out ability makes the ESPN 100 center a perfect fit for Maryland.

Why he committed: The five-star center will have an opportunity to be a top front-court scoring threat immediately and is an excellent fit for the Turgeon system that allows his post players to score inside and out.

"Diamond liked the fact that Maryland had a good team returning and I think he wanted to be on his own away from home a little bit too," Stone's father Bob told ESPN.com "He also had a good rapport with the players on the visit."

What he brings: Stone has excellent size at 6-foot-10 and 250 pounds. He is a gifted low-post scorer that has great feel, footwork and touch as he executes a variety of low-post moves with either hand. Stone also has range to the arc and is a good passer out of the post, not to mention his ability to area rebound and his on-ball shot blocking. Stone is skilled enough to command a double team right away on the college level when he is aggressive and locked in.

How he fits: Head coach Mark Turgeon will have a low post scorer that he can run the offense through from either low block or in pick-and-pop or pick-and-roll situations. Stone will provide Maryland with a go-to guy in the post and will be a factor immediately, helping teammates get open looks with all the attention he will attract. Stone is a big time frontcourt match-up problem. Expect Turgeon to work to set up those scenarios right away.

We got to watch them all season and Diamond liked the way Turgeon allowed the players to play through mistakes," Bob Stone added.

Who he reminds us of: Stone reminds us at times of a young Al Jefferson with his ability to score at will in the low post, face up and rebound. Stone is more of a willing passer, but their ability to put up big numbers in the low post is very similar.

How the class is shaping up: Stone joins playmaking point guard Jaylen Brantley who will provide experience in the backcourt coming from the junior college ranks. This tandem will give the Terps immediate help at the two most important positions in basketball: Point guard and center.

Edited by BRAVEONAWARPATH
  • Like 1

Wow, nice try, Nancy.

I simply showed  him how hypocritical he was, and even before you could post this drivel, he showed he was a massive hypocrite by complaining about the officials.

Please don't embarrass yourself further.  K thks by.

First you insult Major by making a statement saying "I wonder how long it will take a WVU grad to respond".  Followed by calling Kosh "Nancy", when he was just trying to prevent further **** talk about a game that is already over.  

Why can't you accept the fact that the better team won when Maryland and WVU met, on that particular day?  They turned the ball over 23 times to WVU's 10.  They lost a star player in the game.  

No need to **** talk anyone, accept the loss.  

Click to read the rest http://maryland.247sports.com/Article/Marylands-Diamond-Stone-Engagement-is-Nearly-Unprecedented-36452763

Maryland's Diamond Stone Engagement is Nearly Unprecedented

There's no question how big of an addition, , physically speaking, Diamond Stone is for Maryland: Stone, listed at 246 pounds, Tweeted earlier this spring that he'd recently measured a full seven feet tall, making him one of the largest Terps recruits in recent years. But how big is his commitment on a historical level?

--- Since recruiting rankings went mainstream, Maryland's never signed a consensus top-10 player ...The closest the Terps have come to signing a top-10 prospect since the early 90s was Mike Jones in 2003. Jones, although ranked by some as the No. 2 shooting guard behind LeBron James, was listed by most the the No. 15-to-20 range overall.

--- Last year, Maryland signed its first McDonald's All-American since Jones in Melo Trimble, a top-25 prospect. So Stone's commitment marks the first time in 22 years the program has landed recruits with that distinction in 22 years;Gary Williams signed local point guard Duane Simpkins in 1992 and Baltimore forward Keith Booth in 1993.

the Terps are going to be scary good next year. I think Layman will benefit the most. He won't have to play in the post anymore. He can use his combination of range, athleticism and size against much smaller opponents. I know people here like to pick on him, but he played out of position all year and was physically outmatched for most of the year. I think we will see a big jump in his confidence and subsequently his game! People will definitely fear the turtle next year!!

• Like 2

I rushed to post and make my thoughts known hence the "Good get" but this is a BIG get

5 star player committing here is huge

And I have criticized Turgeon in the past for doing virtually nothing after Gary left but last season proved me wrong. Turgeon could always recruit. He never put it all together until this year though. This helps 

This program will be a force for years to come. 

• Like 3

foom, I gotta agree with Taze and kosher. Throttle down a little man. Both Major and kosher are well respected, long time posters here. I don't think it's advisable, or very cool, to trash talk in a thread of another team either (especially after a tough loss), but Major's comment about sour grapes was pretty timid. Poorly timed, and in the wrong thread maybe, but not really malicious. I think kosher is just trying to help get you through the anger stage of the loss. If this were a Terps only board, or someone was maliciously trolling, I could see it a little better, but this is a come one-come all Skins board. We're all a big happy family here, right? ;) Terps fans have a lot to be happy about after this season, and it's only getting better with last night's news. I don't want to speak for anyone else though, so I'll shut up now. Just my two cents.

• Like 1

This is a bigger "get" than just the player himself. This is like when the Nats signed Werth and put a sign up that said "We're ready to complete with the big boys" before making moves to get other top talent.

This is the signal to other potential recruits that they can come here and compete. Of course the allure of huge programs where those players will never be even considered on the Mount Rushmore for the school is real. But while Maryland has great players and a great list at the top. Its possible to get up there still.

• Like 2

Where's that guy that was saying Turgeon can't recruit?

I love Gary Williams, but the big knock on him was that he couldn't recruit. That is one thing Turgeon is doing way better. Gotta be able to recruit good players in this sport.

I love the way Turgeon speaks. He has a lot of zest. I imagine him really motivating kids to want to play here.

Btw a lot of credit to the current players for talking to Stone and getting him to want to play here too.

Next year is going to be fun.

Edited by abdcskins
  • Like 1

I think Diamond comes here because we are in the Big 10 and his family gets to see him on the Big 10 network compared to if we were in the ACC.  Being in Big 10 paying dividends already

That makes a lot of sense. Any team would want to have him on board.

Huge sign for you guys.  Adding elite talent to an already really good team that should get better with maturity/experience.  

They still need to get 2 other guys that can handle the rock. Otherwise, I feel like I just had a triple espresso as far as being amped up about the future of UMD basketball.

Thanks.

That makes a lot of sense. Any team would want to have him on board.

They still need to get 2 other guys that can handle the rock. Otherwise, I feel like I just had a triple espresso as far as being amped up about the future of UMD basketball.

Thanks.

At least the future is bright.  Signing a guy like that gives them some additional fire power in recruiting too.  I don't know what the future holds for UNC :(  

At least the future is bright.  Signing a guy like that gives them some additional fire power in recruiting too.  I don't know what the future holds for UNC :(

Hopefully.

As far as UNC. As a Historic team...it becomes a lot easier to recruit. That is why they have been relevant for most of our lives.