Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Maryland Terrapins Thread

BRAVEONAWARPATH

I'll take the win, but MD played pretty crappy for most of the game. Irritated watching it.

Only thing I was happy about is that they started to play D at the end and Seeing the Freshman step up and do his thing.

Ugly game though.

Edited by Kosher Ham
  • Like 1

Id be lying if I claimed to be absolutely positive they are for real. However, I thank the man above that we are finally entertaining, competitive and able to pull off w's in squeakers. I don't know how long this is gonna last but I'll take it for now. I was very concerned with Turgeons coaching abilities and really weary after all the kids left this summer. I'm just happy to watch the games with some hope and belief again.

Edited by BatteredFanSyndrome

The MD players looked drunk or high or something the first few minutes of the game. Layman loses the ball the first two possessions driving to the basket. Dodd misses a dunk. Wells loses a dribble a few times. Then I think Wiley did the same thing. I was glad to see them pull it together to win. I still think they need to get the ball inside. Even if you don't have a post player, or you can't score down low, get it inside and make the defense work. You can always kick it out for an open shot as they did a few times tonight.

Did anyone else crack up at Smotrycz trying to drive and jump and then pass? This guy may be the least athletic person I've seen play major college basketball. He makes Dave Neal look like a superior athlete.

Wow tough crowd.  This is the best Maryland team I have seen in years.  I love how people want us to turn into Kentucky overnight.  We are far exceeding expectations this year.  Someone posts we shouldn't be ranked.  SMH.

Enjoy the wins people.

Love to see how you would be as Duke fans.  They lost two straight and got destroyed in their last game because the play no defense. 

• Like 1

We've missed the tournament four years in a row. Turgeon has had ample time to get this team to a higher level. On the surface 16-2 looks great, but underneath, this team is scraping by and has big flaws. Those flaws will be exposed early in the tournament. It wouldn't surprise me to see us one and done in the tourney.

We've missed the tournament four years in a row. Turgeon has had ample time to get this team to a higher level. On the surface 16-2 looks great, but underneath, this team is scraping by and has big flaws. Those flaws will be exposed early in the tournament. It wouldn't surprise me to see us one and done in the tourney.

They had how many scholarship transfers in the offseason?  And you expected better than this?  I don't get it.  I get what your saying about the 4 years, but given the **** show that we looked like in the offseason, this team is way better than what I expected.

See, this is why I never believe people in the Stadium who claim they would be content with a losing season if it meant (whatever fill in the blank is used). In the heat of the moment, we want to win. In the cool of the offseason, we think about things like blowing up the roster and being cool with that.

They had how many scholarship transfers in the offseason?  And you expected better than this?  I don't get it.  I get what your saying about the 4 years, but given the **** show that we looked like in the offseason, this team is way better than what I expected.

Don't get me wrong. I'm thrilled with a 16-2 record. Totally exceeded expectations so far being in a new conference and like you said, they have exceeded expectations.  But when I watch the games, I can't help but see a team that is so flawed by trying to live and die by the three.  I think if they can work on getting the ball inside more and Melo start driving to the hoop more, it will not only open up better shots for the three, but it will make us more of a threat because of our propensity to get to the line and make free throws. They do that, they can make a deep run.  If not, 2nd round would be my guess.  And yes, I suppose 2nd round is better than what we've had, but I just have higher expectations for them.

See, this is why I never believe people in the Stadium who claim they would be content with a losing season if it meant (whatever fill in the blank is used). In the heat of the moment, we want to win. In the cool of the offseason, we think about things like blowing up the roster and being cool with that.

I've never wanted to blow up the Skins roster.  I see small signs of talent, I just think what has been instructing the talent has been flawed.  I'm at a point where I don't have SB expectations for them, but coming off a 3-13 season, I was expecting 7-9 and not looking like complete bufoons on the field.  I'm optimistic that we have the right guy getting the players and if they hire Fangio, I think we are getting somewhere.

But to go totally opposite of that, what gets to me is the low expectations fans have on a yearly basis.  I'm not foolish enough to think all my teams can win the championship every year, but when I know a team is well put together, I shouldn't have to "settle" for 9-7 or 10-6 an occasional wild card appearance. Sometime in the past, the franchise had higher expectations and so did the fans.  In the 80s. even if we knew we wouldn't win the SB, we knew we'd at least be in the thick of things which gave you hope, much like the run in 87.  Did anyone think in 1987 that we'd make a run at the SB?  Sure, we made the NFCCG the year before, but in 87, the team had a lot of problems.  But they overcame them and it was a sweet surprise.

Edited by pjfootballer

They had how many scholarship transfers in the offseason? And you expected better than this? I don't get it. I get what your saying about the 4 years, but given the **** show that we looked like in the offseason, this team is way better than what I expected.

I actually loved this offseason. Turgeon got rid of the malcontents and guys with low basketball IQ. People thought Turgeon couldn't coach, it turns out his players were uncoachable. I love this team! Edited by jobaga
  • Like 1

No more complaining. I promise. I won't post during the game anymore. I say stupid things when I do that. I'll let the game play out, take a moment to relax and then comment rationally. I had to do that with the Redskins. I never post while the game is on.

No...keep complaining! I think we could pinpoint the turnaround to the moment you started posting your gripes. It may be a coincidence, but why chance it?
  • Like 1

Deon Long/Maryland looking like the best receiver this morning at Shrine practice.

Matt Zenitz @mzenitz

Lande: "When I've talked to [media & scouts] about receivers,just about all of them have mentioned Deon Long as one of the better ones here"

Jets have two guys talking to Maryland WR Deon Long.

Maryland is dominating the B1G in basketball, both men's and women's

Edited by BRAVEONAWARPATH

http://terrapinstationmd.com/2015/01/17/massachusetts-de-oseh-saine-commits-to-maryland/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter
Massachusetts DE Oseh Saine Commits To Maryland

With National Signing Day just a few weeks away, the Maryland football program added another recruit to its 2015 class.

According to Ryan Snyder of Rivals, Worcester Academy (Mass.) defensive end Oseh Saine, who was recently offered by the Terrapins, committed on Saturday. Saine will also take an official visit to Maryland sometime in the near future.

Saine was originally a member of the 2014 class as he committed to Boston College in February 2014, but academic issues caused him to have to take a year of prep school. The former Lincoln High star needed to improve his SAT score in order to reach NCAA eligibility requirements. Even through that, the

Eagles still held his scholarship spot and was anticipating Saine enrolling this month.

However, it appears that will not happen as Saine committed to Coach Randy Edsall and the Terps.

According to 247Sports, Saine is a two-star recruit and is the 20th best player in the state of Massachusetts. The 6’4, 250 pound defensive end is also rated as the 141st defensive end in their Composite rankings.

http://www.testudotimes.com/2015/1/17/7638453/quarvez-boulware-maryland-football-recruiting-commits

Four-star lineman Quarvez Boulware commits to Maryland, per report

Quarvez Boulware has committed to Maryland, according to Adam Friedman of Rivals. Boulware is a huge piece of Maryland's 2015 class, giving them a 4-star player anchor that they desperately needed. Outside of Isaiah Prince, Boulware was Maryland's biggest target remaining on the board.

The 6-foot-3, 283-pound lineman played tackle until his senior season when Boulware's coaches moved him to guard to aid his recruitment. He also takes reps at center during practice, so he's capable of playing either interior spot at UMD.

Two interior line spots are opening up for the Terps this season with left guard Silvano Altamirano and center Sal Conaboy both set to graduate. With just one year of experience at guard in high school and none at center, Boulware is unlikely to start right away and seems a reasonable candidate to redshirt. If not, he'll provide depth all along the offensive line.

Behind four-star prospects Isaiah Prince and Adam McLean, Boulware is the most highly regarded local commit in Maryland's Class of 2015 and adds a bit more momentum to the Terrapins' "stay-at-home" movement. He was always considered a heavy UMD lean and has visited College Park four times since the start of June, including an official visit in December. Offensive coordinator Mike Locksley led the Terps' recruitment of Boulware.

• Like 1