Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Maryland Terrapins Thread

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Click to read the rest

http://www.testudotimes.com/2015/1/5/7487279/maryland-wide-receivers-2015-stefon-diggs-replace

Who replaces Stefon Diggs at Maryland?

Maryland heard some expected news Saturday: junior wide receiver Stefon Diggs will be headed to the NFL. Along with departing senior Deon Long (also likely to get a shot at the professional level), that means the Terps lose their top two pass catchers from 2014.

Diggs caught 62 passes for 792 yards and five touchdowns, while Long had 51 receptions for 575 yards and two scores. Together, they combined for 49.6% of the team's catches, 47.7% of the team's receiving yards and 36.8% of the team's receiving touchdowns. How will Maryland replace that level of production?

Diggs' most likely replacement in the slot is Levern Jacobs. He will likely be a junior next season after missing the 2014 season with a university suspension (he was later found not guilty and to have acted in self-defense). Jacobs, Maryland's leading receiver in 2013, was so good in camp that Maryland moved Diggs to the outside just to get him on the field more.

Edited by BRAVEONAWARPATH

http://maryland.247sports.com/Article/Scoop-On-Uncommitted-US-Army-All-Americans-34465008

Scoop On Uncommitted Army All-Americans

•Maryland looks to be in the driver’s seat for Top100 offensive tackle Isaiah Prince, who has scheduled officials with Ohio State and Alabama for later this month. He does not have anything scheduled with the Terps but says he’ll make the short ride over at some point, most likely during the week for an official. One source recently told 247Sports that the Buckeyes look like Maryland’s main competition.

Coach Crean on watching Maryland: "Maryland is very, very impressive that they play with great poise for such a young team." #B1GCoaches

Coach Izzo: "Any time you lose a home game that is not advantageous to what we're trying to do. We got beat by a very good Maryland team."

Coach Jordan on MD: "They have arrived. Coach Turgeon has done a great job of getting good players, great kids. You can see it pays off."

• Like 2

Nah, stupid move for MD to join the B10. What are they thinking with the tradition and stuff in the ACC? They'll be cannon fodder for OSU, Penn St, Mich, MSU, Nebraska and such./sarcasm

Seriously, with more money, announcing the new facilities and having a good first season in the conference, it's increased our exposure. Kids want to come here. And I'll be the first to admit that I hated the Under Armor ugly uniforms and hated us becoming Oregon East, but the kids love those ugly things, so as long as we win, ugly away.

Edited by pjfootballer

Adam McLean in response to PSU fans

Y'all worry about Maryland more then your own school lol I was always told people do stuff like that when they scared.

#Terps commit Jaylen Brantley (@Jaybrant2) tallied 17 pts (6-14 FG, 3-7 3PT), 7 ast, 2 stls in Odessa's 79-71 win over Ranger CC yesterday.

Click to read the rest

http://grantland.com/the-triangle/whos-that-guy-maryland-freshman-college-basketball-point-guard-melo-trimble/

Who’s That Guy? Maryland Freshman Phenom Melo Trimble!

Who is he? Romelo Delante “Melo” Trimble, Maryland’s 6-foot-3 point guard.

Does he own the best name in college basketball? Undeniably. GET THAT WEAK STUFF OUTTA HERE, YOGI FERRELL.

Where is he from? Upper Marlboro, Maryland.

Year: He’s a true freshman. Didn’t you read the headline?

Stats: He’s averaging 16.2 points, 4.1 rebounds, and 3.0 assists per game.

His game in 110 words: With deep range and a decent handle, Trimble is a prototypical combo guard. He leads the Terps in scoring and is a close second to senior Dez Wells in assists. Trimble can get to the foul line with impressive ease, and is leading the nation in made free throws, with 106.

His early success has created an enviable dilemma for Maryland coach Mark Turgeon, who wants his best player on the court as much as possible, but also fresh for the long haul. Trimble has shown no signs of slowing down, however, making it hard to justify even a minor reduction in playing time from his 32.7 minutes per game.

You might know him from: Leading 11th-ranked Maryland to its best start in 16 years, DUH. (It’s impossible to avoid using the word “lead” a lot when writing about Trimble, and no, I’m not talking about the poisonous pencil material!) The Terps improved to 14-1 on Saturday with a 70-58 win over Lil’ Pitino’s Golden Gophers, largely due to Trimble’s 20-point outing, which came on the heels of a 17-point effort in Maryland’s double-overtime road victory over Michigan State. The dude has no chill.

If you’re a recruiting aficionado, you likely had Trimble on your radar coming into the season. ESPN deemed him a five-star prospect and ranked him 29th overall, making him the crown jewel of Maryland’s class. Rivals gave him a mere four stars and is probably seriously regretting that decision.

Nice to see Trimble get some recognition.

Is everybody expecting us to get a second year from this guy? He's obviously started off strong but I don't see his name among some of the top draft prospects. Would be pretty sweet to have player like this stick around for year two.

Edited by BALLz

From Chad Ford's chat:

Joe (Chicago)

I saw that both Jake Layman and Melo Trimble made jumps in your top 100. Thoughts on them? 

Chad Ford (1:41 PM)

Yeah, both of them are getting long looks from NBA scouts right now. I'm not sure either guy is a first rounder this year, but I believe both have a future in the NBA. Layman, especially, seems to be rising fast. I could see him making a major push if he has a great second half to the season. He's got good size for his position, is a very good athlete and can really shoot the basketball. He reminds me of Chandler Parsons. Trimble is a freshman and probably needs another year, but he shows a nice balance between being a scoring guard and a guy who can distribute the basketball. Pair them with Dez Wells and Maryland has a really nice team this year

I dont understand for the life of my why Smotrycz plays so much.  If his three isnt working, which is often, he contributes NOTHING

Yeah, I've never been impressed with him. He's Charmin soft, he's slow, plays no defense, and can't rebound.

The game tonight was just ugly. The first few minutes, I was thinking about how awful Illinois is, yet MD couldn't pull away. Before you know it, Illinois is winning by a wide margin. The team just looked like they didn't come to play. Hopefully this gets them refocused.

• Like 1