Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Maryland Terrapins Thread

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Click to read the rest

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/terps/tracking-the-terps/bal-mark-turgeon-maryland-terps-impressing-father-of-bluechip-center-diamond-stone-20150110-story.html

InsideMDSports: Turgeon, Terps impressing father of blue-chip center Diamond Stone

Maryland men's basketball coach Mark Turgeon's prized jewel, Diamond Stone, has been noticeably quiet this winter. Stone, the nation's top-rated center and No. 6 overall prospect in the 247Sports Composite rankings, chose not to sign during the early period in November and has been hard to read throughout his recruitment.

I caught up briefly with his father, Bob Stone, who said there remains no timetable or specific commitment plan for the 6-foot-10 star at Milwaukee's Dominican High, who is considering Maryland, Wisconsin, Connecticut and Oklahoma State, all of which he visited officially this fall.

"Nothing has changed. [We're] watching our schools on TV as much as possible, trying to get a better feel, looking at coaching temperament, style of play" and other things, Bob Stone said.

He added that one thing has stood out about Turgeon: "The patience he shows with some of his younger players," Stone said.

Which leads to an obvious question from a Maryland perspective: The Terps, who have missed the tournament for the past four seasons, are off to an unexpected start and grabbing attention nationally. What have the Stones, who took an official visit to Maryland in October, taken away from Maryland's big first half?

"It shut up a lot of people who questioned why they were on our list," Bob Stone said.

Edited by BRAVEONAWARPATH

http://maryland.247sports.com/Board/67/Contents/Lady-Terps-Jump-To-No-8-in-AP-Poll-34669433

Maryland women's basketball team has moved from No. 12 to No. 8 in the latest AP college basketball poll. The Lady Terps beat Purdue at home, 88-64, and No. 23 Minnesota on the road, 77-73, to move to 13-2 on the season and 4-0 in their inaugural year in the Big Ten conference.

After beating Minnesota last night, the team played a little prank on coach Brenda Frese, who had previously coached the Golden Gophers before leaving for Maryland in 2002.

Next up is Rutgers on the road Thursday. The Scarlet Knights (12-4, 3-2) rank No. 24 in the latest poll.

http://terrapinstationmd.com/2015/01/13/maryland-football-2015-national-signing-day-outlook-offense/

Maryland Football 2015 National Signing Day Outlook- Offense

With less than one month until National Signing Day, it is time to look at what 2015 players might be coming to College Park.

OFFENSE:

Maryland is in the running for some pretty big decisions of local recruits. On the offensive line, Maryland has solid verbal commitments from Ellis McKennie (guard), EJ Donahue (guard), Mason Zimmerman (tackle), and Will McClain (center). These four commits alone average to be about 6 foot 5 inches tall and 290 pounds, which was a weakness that Maryland saw in the Big Ten.

Two four-star area recruits Isaiah Prince and Quarvez Boulware will be making their decisions soon, most likely on National Signing Day. Prince is rated by Rivals to be the top player coming out of Maryland, while Boulware is third. If Maryland is able to win either of these recruits, it will be huge for the program. Beating out the likes of Alabama, Florida, and Ohio State will be another stepping stone in winning future area recruits and more than the first time such a thing has happened.

When it comes down to the skill positions on offense, Maryland has not made a push in 2015 for many highly touted players. This is due to the depth Maryland already has made at all three positions.

Maryland has solid verbals from three-star running back Ty Johnson, four-star receiver D.J. Moore, and three-star receiver Jahrvis Davenport. Unless the injury or suspension bug comes back to bite Maryland again this year, none of these guys will have any major impacts, other than starting a bit of a farm for the Terps.

Having a large amount of depth to the point where Maryland won’t be forced to use high rated recruits immediately will allow the Terps to develop players so they are more prepared to play at the high level necessary in the Big Ten.

Maryland also has a commitment from three-star athlete Darnell Savage. He is rated as the second best player coming out of Delaware, and will provide Maryland with depth at cornerback or receiver. wherever coach Randy Edsall chooses to play him.

This is just part one to the National Signing Day Outlook. Maryland is in the run for some true gems on the defensive side of the ball.

I was about to say that. We beat up on nobodies, but whenever we get in conference play, we suck. I was really hoping we'd be an upper tier team in the B10, but at this point we're an also ran.

I was so excited to watch this team in a new conference but they are taking the fun out if it.

Edited by pjfootballer

I was about to say that. We beat up on nobodies, but whenever we get in conference play, we suck. I was really hoping we'd be an upper tier team in the B10, but at this point we're an also ran.

I was so excited to watch this team in a new conference but they are taking the fun out if it.

Arizona State, Iowa State and Oklahoma Sate are not cupcakes

**edit** Even some of their cupcakes aren't cupcakes

Edited by jobaga
  • Like 2

Maryland top two players are having off nights and Rutgers is unconscious. If I looked at the box score, I wouls assume the Terps got blown out. The fact that the game is close with 2 minutes to go shows how tough this team is. They are grinding...

They pulled it out - close wins are the sign of tough teams.

They need to beat a couple more quality teams (Wisconsin, Michigan State, Indiana, etc.) to get some confidence heading into March.  If they can have a good showing in the Big Ten conference tournament and win a first round game in the NCAA tournament I will consider this a successful year.  Any type of deep run would be beyond terrific.

I hope Layman doesn't leave after this year.  He still needs to work on his shot selection and overall game. 

Fwiw, Maryland's RPI is 18th in the country so we haven't beat up on just nobodies.

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/rpi/_/sort/RPI