Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Maryland Terrapins Thread

BRAVEONAWARPATH

14-21 67% from 3. 67% from 2 is ridiculous. Shooting 67% from 21 feet? On that many shots? Absurd.

15-22. 68%. Mark my words, no other Big 10 team will shoot 3s at that level the rest of the year. In fact, mist Big 10 games won't feature the teams shooting 3s at that % COMBINED.

Edited by Popeman38

I posted earlier when OSU was in the 20's I wanted to see MD beat OSU first.  Then OSU dropped and Indiana was in the 20's.  Before I would pick them as a 2 seed, or a 1 seed LOL LOL LOL I wanted them to beat a real opponent.  Tonight they got schooled.

They've already beat "real opponents".

Heck, the Terps have the B1G's best out of conference win: Iowa St.

They've already beat "real opponents".

Heck, the Terps have the B1G's best out of conference win: Iowa St.

I meant show up for big games against ranked opponents.  They didn't show up tonight.  We had a bad night.  You need to show up in conference play.  Maybe tonight is an anomaly.

I meant show up for big games against ranked opponents.  They didn't show up tonight.  We had a bad night.  You need to show up in conference play.  Maybe tonight is an anomaly.

Just the nature of conference play.

Heck, Michigan St. smoked Indiana by 20 two weeks ago.

The same Michigan St. team we swept.

If Indiana regularly shoots threes like they did tonight they may go undefeated the rest of the season. They weren't punished for being smaller because they were unreal from three. Maryland actually shot well tonight and they still got blown out...

Indiana made tons of shots.  Ferrell went insane.  We played soft defense and allowed them to penetrate the lane.  Maryland lacks an inside presence defensively, there is no one to alter shots.  That is going to be their downfall (if it comes).

On the other hand, Maryland took some bad shots.  Bad spacing on offense.  Mishandled a lot of passes and got our hands on the ball but couldn't steal it.  Sloppy.

Chalk it up as a bad game and move on.  Like I said, a lot of work left to do.  Not a #1 seed by any means, more like a 3 or 4 if the season ended today.

Edited by abdcskins

Look I am a MD grad, I lived on campus and watched Len Bias play pickup games on South Hill outside my dorm.  I am a true blue MD fan.  Wells and Trimble struggled tonight.  This team could be one and done in the NCAA tourney or make a deep run.  As a MD fan, I always long for the time when we come out for big games, like tonight, and win.  It's a disappointing loss.  And yes they were lights out.

• Like 3

It's hard to beat a team when they shoot like Indiana did tonight. You have to match them and play mistake free. Yes, MD's defense could have been better, but Indiana just lit it up shooting wise.

The only thing I wish they had done is played more zone. The reason is that you cut down on half the game Indiana wants them to play. You cut off the penetration and make them stay outside. It's always easier said than done, but I wish they had tried something different.

No more complaining. I promise. I won't post during the game anymore. I say stupid things when I do that. I'll let the game play out, take a moment to relax and then comment rationally. I had to do that with the Redskins. I never post while the game is on.

Where were you tonight? The team needed your angry posts tonight...

• Like 1

Where were you tonight? The team needed your angry posts tonight...

I was watching and getting angry. But I kept my promise and waited until after the game. I turned it off midway through the 2nd half, but flipped back and forth to check the score.

I had a bad week. Four teams, four losses. Caps lost on Tuesday, Wizards and my Memphis Tigers (alma mater) lost Wednesday and the Terps last night.

Why didn't we try to go big and play Cekovsky more? Pound a smaller team and make them build up fouls? Turgeon tried to match them small and it backfired.

Why didn't we try to go big and play Cekovsky more? Pound a smaller team and make them build up fouls? Turgeon tried to match them small and it backfired.

They had to go small because IU was killing them behind the arc. Truthfully, there really isn't much they could have done to win that game last night. IU was absolutely on fire and they dictated everything. Maryland actually had a good night offensively, Indiana just wouldn't miss from 3. Oh well, on to Sunday

Click to read the rest

http://espn.go.com/blog/bigten/post/_/id/114749/maryland-facilities-upgrades-help-in-recruiting

Maryland facilities upgrades help in recruiting

When Maryland announced its plans for a $155 million upgrade to its football facilities, recruits took notice. The plans call for a renovation to Cole Field House, construction of an indoor practice facility and integration between academics and athletics. 

Coach Randy Edsall called the move a game-changer for the program, especially in terms of recruiting. 

“With these kids it shows that the university is making a commitment to football. It shows that there’s a commitment here to make the student-athlete the best it can be,” Edsall said. “It shows with the other things we have that we’re heading in the right direction and you’ve got everything here. You’ve got the quality education, Big Ten football and now you can train and develop yourself with the state-of-the-art facilities that aren’t going to be any better anywhere else in the country.” 

Edsall has been talking about adding new facilities since he was hired at Maryland. Coming from UConn and seeing the impact the new facilities had on their athletics and recruiting, Edsall knew it was imperative for the Terps to upgrade the facilities to compete with bigger programs and a bigger, wealthier league. 

The upgrades became that much more important when Maryland joined the Big Ten as Maryland is currently without an indoor practice facility, which most conference programs have. Edsall also believes the weight room isn’t big enough and the current training room doesn’t meet the needs of the student-athletes in terms of preventative measures and rehabilitation. 

Local recruits and Maryland targets were clamoring for the upgrades almost as much as Edsall. The prospects echoed Edsall’s thoughts on how the facilities can help the athletes, and they recognize the new additions will help the Terps on the recruiting trail. 

Dwayne Haskins, a Potomac, Maryland prospect, is the No. 26 prospect in the 2016 class. He is a big target for the Terps, and as the No. 2-ranked pocket-passer in the class, Haskins could help change the future of the program. 

Haskins has scholarship offers from nearly every big program in the country. That means he knows what everyone else has to offer and is excited that Maryland will be catching up. 

“It does help out because the in-state kids are used to going to Texas and Florida and seeing those facilities, then coming home and seeing the smaller weight room compared to those bigger schools,” he said. “So with them getting the new facilities, it definitely gives that look that people want and makes it more comparable to other schools. Now that the facilities are there, it makes it easier to pitch the school to recruits.” 

Edited by BRAVEONAWARPATH

They had to go small because IU was killing them behind the arc. Truthfully, there really isn't much they could have done to win that game last night. IU was absolutely on fire and they dictated everything. Maryland actually had a good night offensively, Indiana just wouldn't miss from 3. Oh well, on to Sunday

Well, we get a rematch with them in College Park. I'd figure out a new strategy for next time, because trying to match them small for small is playing into their hands. We need to trounce NW and pull off one at Ohio St. Next week.

Nick Saban..... :angry:

http://www.testudotimes.com/2015/1/23/7868407/isaiah-prince-recruiting-alabama-commits

Isaiah Prince commits to Alabama: Maryland loses out on top in-state prospect

Maryland has lost out on their biggest remaining target in the 2015 class, as four-star local offensive tackle Isaiah Prince committed to Alabama, Ryan Bartow is reporting. The Eleanor Roosevelt (Md.) prospect is considered the best player in the state of Maryland, and would have made it three out of four years that the Terps landed the top in-state player (Stefon Diggs, Damian Prince). The prospect has reportedly canceled visits to both Ohio State and Maryland.

Prince is rated a four-star prospect by the 247Sports composite, ranking as the No. 105 prospect in the class and the seventh-best offensive tackle in the country. He chose the Tide over offers from Ohio State, Alabama, Florida and Penn State, among others.

Prince would have given the Terrapins three blue-chip commitments in the class, joining defensive tackle Adam McLean and interior offensive lineman Quarvez Boulware (whose commitment status is up in the air, to say the least). His commitment would have also given Maryland four blue-chip offensive linemen over the past two classes, all of which would be freshmen this season. Three is still nothing to scoff at, but Prince would have particularly helped on the outside at tackle.

Edited by BRAVEONAWARPATH

This team is going 13-5 or 14-4 in the conference. Did you really think they would go 17-1 in the conference?

No but when sports reporters suggest you should be in the top 10, some suggesting 1 seeds, 2 seeds, well you hope they can win a tough one against a ranked opponent on their home court.  It just shows as good as they are, they aren't on the next level.  As I posted earlier this team could go one and done in the NCAA or make a deep run.

No but when sports reporters suggest you should be in the top 10, some suggesting 1 seeds, 2 seeds, well you hope they can win a tough one against a ranked opponent on their home court.  It just shows as good as they are, they aren't on the next level.  As I posted earlier this team could go one and done in the NCAA or make a deep run.

You can say that about every single team in the NCAA besides Kentucky this year.  You play what your schedule is.  They have been exceeded expectations already and they were predicted 9th in the big ten.  Maryland will be a 2 or 3 seed when this is all over.  They are the 2nd best team in the conference after wisconsin. 

• Like 1