Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Maryland Terrapins Thread

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Honest question, I'm not taking a shot at the kid.  It's pretty well known the de-commitment from Penn State was a mutual decision based on academics.  Even your own Terps blogger, that you quote frequently, used the phrase "If he makes it academically..."  Sure, McLean has sounded confident, and he should, I'd be worried about a kid who was morose about qualifying.  My question it, all these kids he trying to sell Maryland to, how are they going to feel if the guy doing all this talking isn't even there because he's doing a year at Hargrave or some other place?

And to reiterate, I'm not taking a shot at him, I hope he makes it.  The mutual de-commitment doesn't bother me, ultimately these are 18 year old kids who are sometimes going to change their minds for whatever reason.  I'm just curious, as above, how the others will feel it their "crazy recruiter" isn't even there.

Edited by Forehead

Honest question, I'm not taking a shot at the kid.  It's pretty well known the de-commitment from Penn State was a mutual decision based on academics.  Even your own Terps blogger, that you quote frequently, used the phrase "If he makes it academically..."  Sure, McLean has sounded confident, and he should, I'd be worried about a kid who was morose about qualifying.  My question it, all these kids he trying to sell Maryland to, how are they going to feel if the guy doing all this talking isn't even there because he's doing a year at Hargrave or some other place?

And to reiterate, I'm not taking a shot at him, I hope he makes it.  The mutual de-commitment doesn't bother me, ultimately these are 18 year old kids who are sometimes going to change their minds for whatever reason.  I'm just curious, as above, how the others will feel it their "crazy recruiter" isn't even there.

Well, hopefully these guys will have embraced "Maryland Pride" and aren't just committing because of Adam McLean.

And fwiw, it's not just Adam doing the recruiting.

It's guys like 2016 (Maryland commit) Dematha RB Lorenzo Harrison among others.

Layman is playing like a man lately. As a team, they are playing so well right now. I think I said it before, but Trimble gets the ball to the rim better than any player since Vasquez. Just like Greivis, when he drives, it doesn't matter what it looks like, he's going to get that ball up to the rim and most likely in the hoop.

I can't wait for Wells to come back and add another dimension to the team.

• Like 1

From where ? I tried a couple of years back and even posted pics...could not buy them. I was indeed grumpy.

These?

https://twitter.com/umterps/status/546741749549662208

https://www.underarmour.com/en-us/ua-clutchfit-drive-basketball-shoe/pid1246931-011?cid=SM|Facebook|Basketball|brand-o|UMDHoops|ClutchFit|122114

Edited by BRAVEONAWARPATH