Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Maryland Terrapins Thread

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Have watched Ty Johnson play twice now. Both times he has been helped off the field, only to return later. He's soft, and/or doesn't know the difference between being hurt and being injured. You can play hurt. Can't play injured.

No way he plays RB at the next level. He's got good hands, so probably slot wr.

http://maryland.247sports.com/Bolt/Maryland-to-Play-Stanford-in-Foster-Farms-Bowl-33657686?Notification.Success=Your+Bolt+has+been+successfully+created  

Maryland to Play Stanford in Foster Farms Bowl

Maryland's bowl fate has been revealed: the Terps will face Stanford (7-5) in the Foster Farms Bowl on December 30th at 10 p.m. The game will be played in Santa Clara, Calif. -- right outside of San Francisco -- at the home of the San Francisco 49ers, Levi Stadium.

The bowl was previously the Emerald Bowl, which hosted Maryland for its bowl game in 2007 against Oregon State. It was the second to last time the Terps have been outside of the Maryland/D.C area for a bowl game.

This will be Maryland's second consecutive bowl appearance -- and second overall -- underRandy Edsall. In their first appearance, last year in Annapolis against Marshall, the Terps 

Edited by BRAVEONAWARPATH

Adam McLean story has been a reminder: several more obnoxious Twitter fanbases out there, but none more collectively cult-ish than PSU's.

Jeff Ermann ‏@Jeff_Ermann 

Not to paint with such a broad brush -- I'm sure plenty are cool, well-adjusted, etc -- but there are some legit zealots in that group.

Stanford is a good matchup for Md. A win for the Terps could also help recruiting. One #Terp target in Cali: 2016 3-star LB Alec Simpson

Can confirm that cornerback/wide receiver Mike Majette is no longer part of the Terps' 2015 recruiting class, as @MDTerrapinTimes reported

Maryland pulled its scholarship offer to Majette after Majette took an official visit to Indiana without notifying Maryland

Mark Turgeon says Dez Wells got his cast off, is in a hard splint and is still looking at the original 4 week time line to get back. #Terps

Roman Stubbs @romanstubbs

Evan Smotrycz is still day to day with a left foot injury, according to Turgeon. Hasn't been practicing and likely won't on Tuesday.

Don Markus @sportsprof56

Maryland's Mark Turgeon said he doesn't talk to team about No. 19 ranking, admits "it's good for our program, good for recruiting."

Don Markus @sportsprof56

Terps PG Melo Trimble played 37m vs. Winthrop Sat. Mark Turgeon said Trimble "looked at me like I was crazy" when asked if he was tired.

Melo Trimble is playing as well as any freshman in CBB Has a city game and feel. Shoots the three and gets to the line almost 8 times a game

Maryland's Jake Layman is a tough matchup at the 4. He has both quickness and bounce. Like Terps 3 guard look.

A win is a win. College basketball every game is tough essentially.

Agree, we lost 3 scholarship players who were our top recruits.  We also haven't been to the tourney in a while.  Can't complain where we are considering.  Wells is injured, and getting some good playing time for the youngsters.

http://m.diamondbackonline.com/sports/football/article_fdbc3f78-81b7-11e4-9538-fbe55a1b50f8.html?mode=jqm

Recent Terps commit Adam McLean says he's looking to recruit others

Adam McLean is determined to brighten the future of the Terrapins football team. And he knows it’ll take more than his own presence to do that.

McLean, a local four-star defensive tackle who recently de-committed from Penn State, verbally committed to the Terps on Dec. 4.

And the senior at Quince Orchard High School in Gaithersburg already is doing his own recruiting in an effort to improve the Terps’ 2015 recruiting class.

“I’m going to be looking to see where and how I can contribute on the defense,” he said. “And looking for guys I can recruit to help me out and us as a whole.”

After shifting his commitment from the Nittany Lions to the Terps and urging other local players to follow him to College Park, McLean has developed his share of critics.

McLean doesn’t mind, though. He said it took him seven months of being committed to Penn State to realize he wanted to represent his home state.

“When you walk out there with that Maryland jersey on, it means a lot more than just wearing a uniform,” McLean said. “This is where you’ve grown. It runs deeper in your blood.”

Offensive guard and Washington native Quarvez Boulware is one of the players whom McLean is lobbying to come to this university. Another is defensive end Byron Cowart, the No. 2 prospect in the nation.

“Before I committed to Maryland, I explained to [Cowart] about the opportunity up there,” McLean said. “And me pulling the trigger on Maryland kind of opened his eyes. I’ve been talking to him every other day or so, trying to sway him one way or the other.”

McLean already has helped lure his close friend Keandre Jones, a junior linebacker at Good Counsel in Olney, to College Park for the class of 2016 with a phone call on Thanksgiving.

After Jones’ commitment, several top-300 junior players, including the No. 2 quarterback prospect in the country, the Bullis School’s Dwayne Haskins, went on social media to weigh in on the wave of commitments to the Terps.

Soo my boy @MoneyMakeinAdam is a terp. You thought it was a game lol 1f422.png#TerpNation

Click on the link to read the rest.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/terps/bs-sp-maryland-recruiting-1215-20141214-story.html

By keeping in-state recruits at home, Terps football hopes to climb in Big Ten

The tweet was one of many by Terps players, committments and recruiting targets in the hour following Adam McLean's commitment to Maryland.This one — from promising Maryland freshman outside linebacker and former Good Counsel standout Jesse Aniebonam — consisted of three words in all capital letters: "IT'S A MOVEMENT."

The Terps are in the process of building something potentially special. Maryland has landed some of the top in-state prospects in recent years, such as wide receiver Stefon Diggs, offensive lineman Damian Prince and Aniebonam.

They are selling others, such as McLean (Quince Orchard) and Good Counsel star junior outside linebacker Keandre Jones, on the idea of helping to build their hometown school into a national power.