Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Maryland Terrapins Thread

BRAVEONAWARPATH

http://maryland.247sports.com/Bolt/Diggs-Expected-to-Play-in-Terps-Bowl-Game-33110162

Report: Diggs Expected to Play in Terps Bowl Game

Per a report, injured Maryland wide receiver Stefon Diggs (kidney) will get to play in at least one more game this year before deciding whether to come back for his fourth and final season at College Park next year.

According to Matt Zenitz of the Baltimore Sun, Diggs will miss Maryland's final two regular season games against Michigan and Rutgers as expected. But he will be cleared for contact on December 1st, which should put him on track to play in Maryland's bowl game.

Edited by BRAVEONAWARPATH
  • Like 1

Had a friend say to me, "They can't beat Wake Forest. How are you going to beat Michigan?"

Well they did.

And Iowa...

And Indiana...

And Penn State... 

Because your friend was going off the names and not the actual teams on the field.

He/She's not alone.

Alot of people I know did the same.

Michigan lost a commitment late in the game in 4-star Mike Webber. Power of the #Terps

RAndy Edsall is my boy. I was down on him and I remember Jenkins, Sally calling for him to be fired. "You can't compare yourself to the Patriots." 

That was in his first year

He was AWFUL

He learned and became better. He got an OC that can actually recruit talent. I was PISSED when Fridge left but Edsall hasn't been that bad. He's made Maryland respectable and they've done a lot better in the Big Ten than I would have guessed. Beat Penn State. Beat Michigan. 

They're inconsistent (blown out by Wisconsin, MSU) but they also have that capability to show up when they want to 

So good for them. Now if only the basketball program would be any good. Turgeon has had more than enough time to make MD BB relevant and he's failed. Edsall turned things around his second year. We've yet to see any progress with Turgeon. 

I smiled when Gary Williams was inducted into the CB Hall of fame. Gary was the best. That's why I'm so hard on Mark. Because Gary wouldn't have tolerated this **** that's MD basketball at this point. Gary didn't take **** like that. Gary was a winner. Maryland was rarely mediocre and frequently made the tournament. 

If trhe ACC was hard for MD the B1G will be a lot worse. I'm not too optimistic about MD basketball this year. 

I told someone after the game, the Big House aint so big. I remember people even in this thread talking about how MD could not win at Michigan. They could not win at Penn State. They did all of that and then some. Edsall's first year was about cleaning house. His second year was just full of bad luck, losing 4 QBs. Ever since then, it's just been a steady climb of improvement. They improved just in time to join the B1G and have a pretty good year to start.

Click on the link to read the rest. http://maryland.247sports.com/Article/November-Has-Been-Good-Month-For-Maryland-Terrapins-Football-33203523

November's Been Good To Maryland Football

It’s been a good weekend for Maryland football.

Really, it’s been a pretty solid month.

Friday, the Terrapins announced its $155 million dollar plans to renovate Cole Field House, turning the old and historic basketball arena into an indoor football facility, stock full of strength and conditioning equipment a training table and academic rooms among other things.

Then Saturday, the Terps go out and get their second big road win of the year, defeating Michigan inside the Big House to improve their record to 7-4.

Prospects, especially in the younger classes, are turning a keen eye towards Maryland and are seeing an uptick on the gridiron. Ten players from nearby powerhouse Baltimore (Md.) Gilman attended the game in Ann Arbor, including Top247 2016 defensive tackle Ellison Jordan and Top247 2016 offensive tackle Devery Hamilton, two prospects the Terrapins are considered the early favorite for.

“I think the guys, they were obviously enjoying the game, and I think a lot of guys were excited to see Maryland win yesterday,” Gilman assistant coach Henry Russell said. “Coming off the field we were close to Coach (Randy) Edsall and we could see how happy he was, and we were happy for him and happy for the other coaches.

“They’re doing a great job for their first year in the Big Ten and our kids are excited,” Russell continued. “I think Maryland is opening their eyes more than they have in the previous years. Maryland is doing a real nice job with the new facilities under way and there’s a lot of excitement with that program.”

Maryland is trying to put the finishing touches on a 2015 class with top targets like four-stars in offensive tackleIsaiah Prince, offensive guard Quarvez Boulware, receiver Ryan Davis along with talented defensive linemanAustrian Robinson. All four have the Terrapins at the top or near the top of their list. Wins over Penn State and Iowa have also made an impression on prospects looking to see where Edsall and his staff are taking this thing. Five-star defensive lineman Byron Cowart remains the biggest fish still on the board.

“I think their first year in the Big Ten wasn’t too bad and they could be a threat to other teams in the future,” Boulware said.

Va Tech fans are the worst. I know we have a lot of them in here that are Redskin fans. They always think they are better than they really are.

Not true 

If anything they have been overwhelmingly negative the last three years, they're realistic 

Edited by ixcuincle

Nice win! Close fought game- the type of game Maryland probably would've lost the past few years. Melo Trimble looks legit. Great strong dribble skills, precise shot. He didn't make any horrible decisions. Best part - 11/12 from the free throw line, including two clutch ones in the final seconds. Overall I like the depth on the squad. Would like to see better inside presence, Dodd seems strong and has a lot of length, they should post him more. Layman hustles, and Wells came through in the clutch.

• Like 2