Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Maryland Terrapins Thread

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Doyler's right, I'm PSU.  I was worried that we were using our best recruiting night to play Ohio State.  The game turned out very competitive but could have been awful.

Was just curious how you felt about having a big recruiting night when playing a team that is supposed to beat up on you.  Would you rather the big list of invites went out for a game against someone else, an Indiana for instance.

I agree. As long as CJ Brown is the QB, MD will be extremely limited. He's an adequate QB at best when the run game is working, but in a game like this, where the run game is non-existent, you need a QB who can throw the ball. The interceptions he threw were dreadful. There wasn't even a chance for a completion on those. Even the one at the end of the first half, he can't even get the ball from midfield to the endzone? It's a shame because they have really wasted some great talent at the WR position by having a QB that can't get them the ball.

• Like 2

Lowest completion percentage in FBS (min 250 att): 1. Ikaika Woolsey (Hawaii), 48.9% 2. Andrew Hendrix (M OH), 49.3% 3. C.J. Brown, 52.7%

Fewest pass yards in FBS (min 250 att): 1. Tanner Lee 1552 2. Justin Worley 1579 3. John Wolford 1626 4. Kyle Pohl 1721 5. C.J. Brown 1723

Edited by BRAVEONAWARPATH

At least the basketball team won their opener.

But seriously, never expected to beat State. Beat Michigan and Rutgers and I'll consider it a successful season. And CJ Brown still sucks. I hate him.

Honestly, I didn't expect to win either but MSU was beatable Saturday night.

With a competent QB.... :(

Click on the link to read the rest

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/terrapins-insider/wp/2014/11/17/maryland-requests-board-of-regents-approval-to-convert-cole-field-house-into-new-football-facility/

Maryland requests Board of Regents approval to convert Cole Field House into new football facility

Maryland has submitted a plan to the Board of Regents to re-purpose Cole Field House into a new, $155 million indoor football facility and complex.

The school will present its proposal to the Board’s Finance Committee later this week for the new facility, which would also house an academic and research facility .

The 10-person committee will hear the proposal Thursday at the University of Maryland’s University College, and if the body approves, the project would then be subject to approval by the full Board of Regents on December 12.

While the athletic department has been weighing the conversion of Cole Field House into an indoor football facility this fall, the project’s viability was confirmed Monday morning when the Finance Committee released the meeting’s agenda.

According to the proposal, Maryland would construct the new facility in two phases, with the first consisting of the construction of the football facility. The building would be expanded to the north to hold a 100-yard football field, while the second phase would include renovations of the building to the north, south and west to house a football training complex. Phase two would also include construction of a Center for Sports Medicine, Health and Human Performance. It would also include the construction of two outdoor practice fields west of the facility.

Under Armour CEO and #Terps alum Kevin Plank expected to donate $25 mil for football facility: http://bit.ly/1t00Cl5 

Plans for new facility, reported today by the Baltimore Sun and Washington Post, will come with a price tag of $155 according to the Sun. Under Armour CEO and Maryland alum Kevin Plank is expected to donate an initial $25 million toward the facility, multiple sources told Inside Maryland Sports. That number, the largest single pledge toward the development of the facility, could potentially increase as the project continues, per sources.

"I'm not writing the whole thing. We're all in this thing together. Everybody's got to put skin in the game," Plank, who started his business while playing football for Maryland, told the Sun.

The university has secured permits and hopes to break ground on the project in the next few months, per sources. Some highlights:

-- A full 100-yard football field inside Cole Field House. 
-- A state-of-the-art weight training center. 
-- A sports medicine center operated in conjunction with UM Baltimore Medical Center 
-- A new sports entrepreneurship center. 
-- A sports performance center in the plot where the Cole Field House tennis courts currently exist. 
-- Two outdoor practice fields. 
-- An area inside Cole Field House honoring Maryland basketball's rich history in the arena. 
-- A tunnel leading from the new locker room to an entrance to Byrd Stadium.

And College Park's thermonuclear war on tennis courts continues.  This expansion will obliterate 14 of them.  I imagine they didn't get much use anyway.

Interesting that the expansion is slated to extend in every cardinal direction including south, i.e. directly to the busy street.  The same busy street that will carry the Purple Line light rail through campus.  Doesn't seem like the rendering leaves a lot of room for that.

Gotta love architects' utopian concepts.

And College Park's thermonuclear war on tennis courts continues.  This expansion will obliterate 14 of them.  I imagine they didn't get much use anyway.

Interesting that the expansion is slated to extend in every cardinal direction including south, i.e. directly to the busy street.  The same busy street that will carry the Purple Line light rail through campus.  Doesn't seem like the rendering leaves a lot of room for that.

Gotta love architects' utopian concepts.

Well you have to remember that HHP is now moving to the center of campus which leaves the building near the REC center completely open.  They are also putting new buildings at the site of the old football fields. 

Well you have to remember that HHP is now moving to the center of campus which leaves the building near the REC center completely open.  They are also putting new buildings at the site of the old football fields. 

Will these buildings have tennis courts on their roofs?  Will the bizarre HHP building be razed in favor of new casual recreational space?  Not sure what the connection is here.