Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Maryland Terrapins Thread

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Anybody know who's in the pipeline at QB. I was a fan of Rowe a few years back. I think it was 2 years ago when he came in after the Brown injury and threw 2 TDs then was gone for the year. Kinda nice first impression. But even if he has a year left, I'd be hesitant to give him the reigns because he has injury problems.

I was totally against Edsall when he got rid of Danny O'Brien but I am starting to buy in. But I'd like to see if we have a legit QB in development right now who could take over next year.

Rowe is the most talented QB on the roster and frankly, it's not even close. Huge arm etc.

Edsall is attempting to get him an extra year of eligibilty..and he should be sucessful. Rowe only played  a few quarters his freshman year before he was injured. That should qualify for a redshirt year

I'll attempt to answer your questions about the other QBs on the roster:

Shane ****erille RS Fr More of a runner than a passer...though he does have a decent arm. Question mark.

Perry Hills RS Jr: Tough kid but has a weak arm.

2015 Class: Gage Schaffer: WV kid who'll be a freshman next year. Is playing against inferior competition but is 6-7 with a cannon.

Basically, you better hope Caleb gets an extra year....or we land this guy http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/recruiting-insider/wp/2014/05/02/bullis-qb-dwayne-haskins-jr-is-suddenly-a-top-2016-recruit/

2015 Terps commit Ty Johnson

Yeah, he's really fast. :)

Yep. Fort Hill high school. My cousin is the qb for their rival, so we hear all about him. He usually only plays one half because they are up by so much, and they dont want anything to happen to him.

They dont face much competition, but the other week they played a team out of DC or Baltimore filled with D1 recruits, and he torched them as well. Something like 10 carries, 5 TDs. Sat 2nd half.

Have heard UMD would like to move him to CB, but are extremely impressed by what hes done at RB. Good kid too, very resepectful and bright.

Edited by STBonecrusher21
  • Like 1

Yep. Fort Hill high school. My cousin is the qb for their rival, so we hear all about him. He usually only plays one half because they are up by so much, and they dont want anything to happen to him.

They dont face much competition, but the other week they played a team out of DC or Baltimore filled with D1 recruits, and he torched them as well. Something like 10 carries, 5 TDs. Sat 2nd half.

Have heard UMD would like to move him to CB, but are extremely impressed by what hes done at RB. Good kid too, very resepectful and bright.

This is what he's doing tonight:

52-yard sprint gives Ty Johnson his 4th TD of the night - on just 4 touches! 41-0 with 7:40 to play before half.

Edited by BRAVEONAWARPATH

The officiating in this game is pathetic. It's so ridiculously slanted towards penn state

Even as a Penn State guy, I questioned the Roughing the Passer penalty, though let's be honest, the one against Penn State for the hit on Diggs was questionable at best.

Either way, both of these teams suck.  It's not like either is going to be competing for anything important at the end.

Well that was a first half **** show, but I feel pretty good.  Penn State has an incredibly good defense, and honestly, it's hard to imagine this Brown kid scoring on them.  On offense, it isn't coming through right now, but Hackenberg is an incredibly good QB.  Penn State may have the worst O-Line in college football, five guys right now who didn't start last season, and he's getting killed.  I don't know if Penn State will get more than another field goal or two, but it may not matter.  Unless Maryland gets a defensive score or a turnover deep in PSU terrority, I don't think they'll move the ball.

64 total yards of offense in the first half...wow.

Even as a Penn State guy, I questioned the Roughing the Passer penalty, though let's be honest, the one against Penn State for the hit on Diggs was questionable at best.

Either way, both of these teams suck. It's not like either is going to be competing for anything important at the end.

I'm a hokie fan. I just got infuriated by the calls in this game since the Va Tech game is blacked out on ESPN 3 ugh.

Maybe they should shake hands with their opponent before the game

Just IGNORING

Just INSULTING 

No excuses

i missed the first half, but what was the reason for that?

I'm a hokie fan. I just got infuriated by the calls in this game since the Va Tech game is blacked out on ESPN 3 ugh.

mcbrien on the radio didnt like the call that negated the TD. in a low scoring game like this, thats a game changer. 

that reach by diggs on the last play before our TD looked like a TD, but was upheld. right there, the ball came out and it looked like we recovered the ball, but the commentators said nothing. 

what the hell happened?!

Who knows?  Who cares?  That was an abomination on all sides by both teams, other than both kickers.  Congrats to Maryland for pulling it out in the end.

Who knows?  Who cares?  That was an abomination on all sides by both teams, other than both kickers.  Congrats to Maryland for pulling it out in the end.

shoot, if we lost, i'd have cared. i didnt see a terp player protesting too much, so maybe it was a kerrigan vs dallas situation where it looked like he got it but he didnt. guess we'll never know. 

big win for the terps, considering we have a qb that cant actually throw a forward pass.

still dont like the lack of handshake at the coin toss. at least the team backed it up, i guess.