Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Maryland Terrapins Thread

BRAVEONAWARPATH

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/terps/tracking-the-terps/bal-terps-will-apply-for-hardship-waivers-for-andrew-isaacs-quinton-jefferson-20140923,0,1204298.story

Terps will apply for hardship waivers for Andrew Isaacs, Quinton Jefferson

COLLEGE PARK — Maryland will apply for medical redshirts for sophomore tight end Andrew Isaacs and junior defensive end Quinton Jefferson, coach Randy Edsall said Tuesday.

Isaacs suffered a dislocated knee during Maryland’s win over Syracuse on Saturday and will miss the rest of the season. Jefferson injured his knee against West Virginia on Sept. 13 and will also be out the rest of the year.

Edited by BRAVEONAWARPATH

Gonna be tough game against Indiana. Funny, but I'm more nervous about Indiana, then Ohio State in a couple of weeks.

In the past six quarters, the Indiana defense has allowed 962 yards of total offense. Going to be a shootout in Bloomington #Terps

http://maryland.247sports.com/Bolt/Terps-Moving-Toward-the-Top-for-Diamond-Stone-31284696

Terps Moving Toward The Top For Diamond Stone?

Per a report from 247Sports national analyst Jerry Meyer, Maryland is on the rise with the nation's No. 1 center.

"247Sports has also received information that Maryland is beginning to move towards the top of Stone's list," Meyer writes.

While speculation has UConn and Wisconsin as the favorites, Stone recently listed Maryland in his top five and he plans to visit campus early this fall.

Stone was reportedly planning to go to the same school as blue-chip guard Malik Newman, but Stone's father told InsideMDSports it isn't a certainty.

Terps assistant Bino Ranson has been recruiting Stone since spotting him as a freshman while recruiting another Wisconsin big man, Cinmeon Bowers.

Coach Bino - I love him to death. He calls me all the time, talks to me all the time.

He’s my guy ... Maryland is a really, really nice school, he told told IMS in July.

http://maryland.247sports.com/Bolt/Likely-Named-Jim-Thorpe-Defensive-Back-of-the-Week-31443222  

Likely Named Jim Thorpe Defensive Back Of The Week

Terps sophomore William Likely was selected as Jim Thorpe Defensive Back of the Week for week four, the Oklahoma Sports Hall of Fame announced Wednesday.

Likely, also the Big Ten Defensive Player of the Week, recorded his first career interception return touchdown in Maryland’s 34-20 win over Syracuse Saturday.

It was Maryland’s longest interception return for a touchdown since Eddie Tomlin returned one 97 yards at Michigan in 1989. Likely also recorded a team-high nine tackles Saturday, all solo, including one for a loss. He's currently tied for the Big Ten lead with two picks and second in passes defensed, with five.

Maryland travels to Bloomington Saturday for its first-ever Big Ten matchup as the Terps take on Indiana at 1:30 p.m. from Memorial Stadium.

http://espn.go.com/espnw/news-commentary/article/11585387/junior-stephanie-jones-following-sister-footsteps-maryland

Stephanie Jones commits to Maryland

Stephanie Jones, a 6-foot-2 junior forward at Aberdeen (Md.), will follow her sister's footsteps to Maryland and has given a verbal commitment to coach Brenda Frese and the Terrapins.

Jones, the No. 18 prospect in the espnW HoopGurlz Super 60 for the 2016 class, also considered Notre Dame, Louisville and Duke before deciding on Maryland.

"The thought of going to Maryland has been with me for some time, but I wanted to make sure, taking value in the other programs that showed interest in me," she said. "I didn't want to verbal too early, either, but I am delighted that I am going to be a Terp.

"The coaching staff is great as well as the school, so I have a comfort level there."

A versatile prospect who can do damage off the dribble, Jones attacks the rim with regularity and can also stretch the defense to the arc.

Her sister, Brionna Jones, is a 6-3 sophomore center for the Terps. As a freshman, she played in all 35 games, started 14, and averaged 6.9 points and 4.5 rebounds.

Stephanie Jones becomes the fourth member of Frese's 2016 class. She joins Jenna Staiti, a 6-5 post from Georgia and the No 33 prospect in the class; Blair Watson, a 6-foot wing from New Jersey and the No. 35 prospect; and Sarah Myers, a 5-10 three-star guard from Georgia.

Maryland's 2015 class features two Top 100 prospects in No. 15 Brianna Fraser, a 6-3 forward from New York; and No. 27 Kiah Gillespie, a 6-1 forward from Connecticut.

http://maryland.247sports.com/Bolt/Ohio-State-Returns-Tickets-for-Maryland-Game-31486575

Ohio State Returns Tickets for Maryland Game

Perhaps fears of a Scarlet and Gray takeover next weekend at Byrd Stadium can be put to rest.

Per a Maryland release:

The University of Maryland has announced that a limited number of tickets are available for Maryland’s Big Ten home opener against No. 22 Ohio State.

Additional tickets became available after Ohio State returned a percentage of its allotment. Tickets can be purchased starting at $75. To purchase tickets, visit umterps.com or call 1-800-IM-A-TERP.

Mildly surprising. The Buckeyes are off to a disappointing start that includes a stunning home loss to Virginia Tech in quarterback Braxton Miller's absence, but they're traditionally one of the better traveling fanbases.

Tough week one for Terps D-2 hockey team.  Lost 4-0 to Temple in Laurel.

Tonight, they travel to Sewell, NJ to take on a tough Rowan hockey team.  As always, details can be found at:  http://www.umterpshockey.com/page/show/1343379-umd-d2-terps-2014-2015-

There may be audio/video at:  http://www.rtnch5.com/live.html

Here's a pic of my son last week.

1941520_10152526057517670_66272162918786

Go Terps!!!

post-168835-0-64768600-1411742084_thumb.

• Like 1

Maryland corner Alvin Hill will rest of the season. Hill tore his PCL against Syracuse last week and had surgery Thursday

Matt Zenitz @mzenitz

· Jeremiah Johnson will take over for Hill as a starter. Sophomore Jarrett Ross will be the No. 3 corner. Freshman Daniel Ezeagwu is No. 4

Maryland will also be without OLB Matt Robinson (upper body injury), RB Albert Reid (lower body) and LB Alex Twine (upper body) today

Undefeated in the Big 10. Haha. Great opening win. Glad someone corrected the idiot announcer who kept insisting we played AT Ohio state when we play them at home.

YES! That had gone past ridiculous.  Truthfully, that had to be the poorest production of a football game I've seen in some time.  The replays cut into live action so often, they just stopped showing replays!  I have never seen that.

As for the game itself, way to go Terps!!!  A HUGE inagural Win....and a very impressive showing.  Maryland left little doubt in Bloomington as to which team was superior.  Fabulous effort.  Coach Edsall gets props.

I would also like to publicly eat crow, because I was one of the doubters before the season began.  I don't think its getting too carried away to say that a 4-1 Maryland football team going into Ohio State week is a quality bunch indeed.  I was wrong.

Go Terps.

of course, i missed the game. kept getting updates on my phone and was surprised the terps blew them out- at least from what id heard about indiana (that they were a decent team).

how did CJ look?

CJ looked really good but he injured his wrist and didn't play in the second half.

Caleb Rowe came in and the offense didn't miss a beat. In fact, it got better.

Rowe can do things with his arm that CJ just can't.

• Like 1

Maryland could conceivably win the Big Ten in their first year. And I was one that said Edsall was a boorish jerk and he was an idiot and he was the BAD HIRE but him and his cronies have recruited well 

It's shocking that the football program has taken a huge step forward while the basketball a huge step back and that's a topic for another day ;) 

Maryland could conceivably win the Big Ten in their first year. And I was one that said Edsall was a boorish jerk and he was an idiot and he was the BAD HIRE but him and his cronies have recruited well 

It's shocking that the football program has taken a huge step forward while the basketball a huge step back and that's a topic for another day ;)

Lets pump the brakes here. Maryland would still have to get past Michigan State to even win the division. 

That's one way to get CJ out of there. He gets injured every year.

We aren't winning the Big 10 East, but like I said, I still think we can win 4 or 5 games in the Big 10.

Penn St isn't anything. Neither is Iowa, Rutgers or Michigan. Ohio St will be tough as will Wisconsin on the road and Michigan St.

Edited by pjfootballer

Maryland could conceivably win the Big Ten in their first year.

You know, this isn't as preposterous as it would have sounded at the outset of the season.  The Terps look good, but Ohio State & Michigan State are going to be real tough to get past.  Win one of those two, & Maryland could end the year RANKED.  That would be a Major Win for the program.  So far, I am very pleasantly surprised.

We aren't winning the Big 10 East, but like I said, I still think we can win 4 or 5 games in the Big 10.

Penn St isn't anything. Neither is Iowa, Rutgers or Michigan. Ohio St will be tough as will Wisconsin on the road and Michigan St.

I'm in line with pjfootballer's thinking.  Winning the Division may be outside the relam of possibility, but finishing near the top is reasonable.  I still think Winning at Happy Valley may be tough, but Iowa & Michigan are very Winnable games.  And Rutgers (with the Fridge up there as their OC) might be tougher than most think. 

But Edsall has inspired some genuine confidence in the program!  If he can get the boys to finish near the top tier (and get a B1G upset in there somewhere), Maryland Football could really go places.  The timing seems right, since Michigan & Penn State are down historically. 

There's a chance. 

Edited by Diehard Otis