Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Maryland Terrapins Thread

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Yea the non hand shake was just a big "**** you" to PSU. Perhaps a "we wont be scared/intimidated" thing in their house too. Theyve been saying they want this to be a start of a big rivalry, what better way than to disrespect them right off the bat.

Edsall apologized and said it wasnt orchestrated, and that captains mustve done it on their own. But who knows lol

Even as a Penn State guy, I questioned the Roughing the Passer penalty, though let's be honest, the one against Penn State for the hit on Diggs was questionable at best.

Either way, both of these teams suck. It's not like either is going to be competing for anything important at the end.

The call against Diggs was a good call. The ball was WAY over his head and the guy hit him up high and late. Roughing the QB was close. Maybe a half step too much, but he didn't hit him too high or too low. In most instances they'll let that go. We escaped. Both teams will earn a bowl bid eventually.

Hey, we're gaining ground in the series. It's 2-35-1 now. Haha!

Edited by pjfootballer

Yea the non hand shake was just a big "**** you" to PSU. Perhaps a "we wont be scared/intimidated" thing in their house too. Theyve been saying they want this to be a start of a big rivalry, what better way than to disrespect them right off the bat.

Edsall apologized and said it wasnt orchestrated, and that captains mustve done it on their own. But who knows lol

Good. I embrace the hatred.

Just listening to some PSU fans make excuses for the Sandusky scandal makes me ill.

**** like this is what pissed off Maryland players

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-dr-saturday/james-franklin-says-rutgers-and-maryland-don-t-have-a-chance-recruiting-locally-212045592.html;_ylt=AwrTIm97hqBTISkAYQxaNZ94

James Franklin says Rutgers and Maryland don't have a chance recruiting locally

Franklin's Penn State caravan was in Baltimore on Wednesday and the subject of playing the Terrapins came up. Maryland and Rutgers are moving into the Big Ten this year, and both are on the schedule.

Both are also in close proximity to Penn State and in an area where Franklin has recruited in before.

From the Baltimore Sun:"I consider this in-state. I consider New Jersey in-state," Franklin told the crowd. While there are other schools in the region, "they might as well shut them down because they don't have a chance."

Edited by BRAVEONAWARPATH

From the Baltimore Sun:"I consider this in-state. I consider New Jersey in-state," Franklin told the crowd. While there are other schools in the region, "they might as well shut them down because they don't have a chance."

ok, if that was what it was about, i can understand that. (still dont know if i like it, but i think i understand it)

(i really wish we'd have found a way to keep franklin, but then, he would have jumped ship if he were any good anyway, so, oh, well)

scoreboard.

Edited by grego

Will probably be more accurate when we have 80 scholarships players instead of 48 or whatever the hell we dressed today.  Regardless, it doesn't matter, the less bad team won today.

PJ, I think you're wrong.  I don't think Penn State wins two more games.  We'd have to win two out of three against Indiana, Temple, and Illinois.  A few years ago, those would have been three wins without blinking.  Now, I'm not sure if we can even get one of them.

http://www.testudotimes.com/2014/11/1/7142035/maryland-penn-state-game-2014-final-score-result  

Four things we learned

1. Great win, but Maryland is anemic on offense right now. The book on Maryland is they can't pass the ball, and defensive coordinators are acting accordingly by selling out to stop the run. At halftime, the Terps had pathetic averages of 4 yards per catch (that's ifthe pass is anywhere near the receiver, which it often wasn't) and 2.7 yards per rush. Maryland had more penalty yards (72) than actual yards (66) and C.J. Brown was every bit as ineffective as he was in Madison last week. Deep balls continued to be grossly off-target and short passes -- even screens & slants and quick outs -- seemed to have about a 50-percent chance of being catchable. It didn't help CJB that his receivers had a bad case of both the bobbles and the drops, so he was not alone in his struggles this time. The only way for Maryland to halt its offensive woes is to start converting through the air, because no defensive coordinator in his right mind is going to let the Terps run right now.

Will probably be more accurate when we have 80 scholarships players instead of 48 or whatever the hell we dressed today. Regardless, it doesn't matter, the less bad team won today.

PJ, I think you're wrong. I don't think Penn State wins two more games. We'd have to win two out of three against Indiana, Temple, and Illinois. A few years ago, those would have been three wins without blinking. Now, I'm not sure if we can even get one of them.

I think you do. Illinois is garbage, Indiana can only run the ball and you guys have a great run defense and Temple is meh. Sure, they beat ECU today, but the weather in that game was terrible. ECU handed them that game with fumbles. You get Temple at home.

I think we lose to MSU, barely beat Michigan and beat Rutgers. We end up 8-4 (5-3).

Edited by pjfootballer

"That is not who we are," Edsall said, It's exactly who you are.

thats a little much. if edsall didnt sanction it,(and i'm not necessarily a huge edsall guy- not yet anyway) then he did and said the right thing in his post game comments.

i'd like to hear from some players (which may not happen) or insiders so hear their take. 

MD beat a good D with a bad QB today. something had them motivated. 

• Like 1

thats a little much. if edsall didnt sanction it,(and i'm not necessarily a huge edsall guy- not yet anyway) then he did and said the right thing in his post game comments.

i'd like to hear from some players (which may not happen) or insiders so hear their take. 

MD beat a good D with a bad QB today. something had them motivated. 

Just found out the PSU players might have walked through MD's pregame warm ups....

• Like 1

I am a very very very very (Did I say very?) casual Maryland fan. Simply because they are the closet college football team to me.

Call me classless, call me a douche, idiot, call me whatever, but I LOVED the no handshake to start to game.

And then they back it up with a win!
If they lost, it would have totally backfired on them, but they didn't. So I say, embrace the hate.

(I'm all for typos, but that post made me look drunk before the edit lol)

Edited by MLSKINS
  • Like 1

I can remember many games vs Penn State in the late 80's and early 90s where no matter how good MD was, they lost to PSU.

So glad to see them win.  At first, I thought the lack of shaking hands was low class,  until I read all the crap that happend the week before the game (by the MD guys who play for Penn State) and the low class stuff before the game.  Still, I think you shake their hands (even to look them in the eye and say we will beat the Sugar Honey Ice Tea out of you).

As for the game, I wanted one reporter to ask Edsall 3 questions:

1.  Why didn't you know the PSU kicker was good from at least 50 and take the penalty at the end of the first half?

2.  Why did  you call an option run on 3rd and goal from the 1 in the 4th quarter?  (really dumb call)

3.  Why did you call a pass play on 3rd down on the last drive of the game?  Nothing good could come from it, and with the incompletion, let PSU have an extra TO.