Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Maryland Terrapins Thread

BRAVEONAWARPATH

ST John's DE Terrell Hall chatting with Dematha RB and Maryland commit Lorenzo Harrison

DMV got the most talent STAMP if everybody stayed home UMD would be SWEET1f64c.png1f64c.png1f64c.png

@_TrillTrell_: DMV got the most talent STAMP if everybody stayed home UMD would be SWEET1f64c.png1f64c.png1f64c.png”DMVtoUMD1f440.png

Oh please give me a break about nohandshakegate. This is not pee wee football man. Let's stop trying to baby the game and everyone stop screaming foul about every damn thing. Edsall should embrace it and use it as a recruiting pitch for the "badass team of the Big 10". I can easily see kids buy in to the program with that pitch.

• Like 3

Every college basketball game ends with a handshake

Always thought football should end the same way

They gave Bo Wallace a lot of **** when he just left the field before the game ended when they lost to LSU. He just ran into the tunnel with like 3 seconds left 

Click on the link to read the rest

http://www.pennlive.com/sports/index.ssf/2014/11/marylands_impassioned_20-19_wi.html

Maryland's impassioned 20-19 win over toothless Nittany Lions meant more to Terps - and it showed

STATE COLLEGE – One of the stops of the 2nd annual "Penn State Coaches' Caravan" last spring was on May 7 in Baltimore. During his rabble-rousing speech to the PSU-alum-heavy crowd, as quoted by The Penn State Letter alumni association periodical, was this gem from new PSU coach James Franklin:

"I consider this [Maryland] in-state. I consider New Jersey in-state. I know there are other schools around here, but you might as well shut them down."

Back almost six months ago, a date in November with the Maryland Terrapins must've seemed like a long way off, long enough for a quote like that to fade off into the ether.

It became pretty clear on Saturday afternoon that the Turtles didn't forget. Neither did their coach.

From the start, this ugly taffy pull in a cold, blustery and overcast Beaver Stadium seemed like a tussle to be won by a team maybe low on style points but high on enduring adrenaline. And the Terrapins, rivals of the Nittany Lions by virtue of a straight-line border and little else, clearly entered the contest not only with more to prove but a greater will to prove it.

Maryland's 20-19 win was prefaced by a high-schoolish stunt at the coin flip in which the Terrapin captains refused to shake hands and one of them pushed an official in an earlier pregame scuffle. It was capped by fourth-year coach Randy Edsall declaring: "We're gonna enjoy this one. We're gonna enjoy it quite a bit. Let the rivalry begin."

At this point, Penn State can pretend there's no rivalry. But the only record teenagers know speaks otherwise. Starting today, it's a new ballgame.

Edited by BRAVEONAWARPATH

The Big Ten has suspended Stefon Diggs, reprimanded Randy Edsall and fined #Terps for pre-#PennState game actions. h

UMD Stefon Diggs suspended 1 game for touching official, HC Randy Edsall reprimanded by Big Ten #terps

Diggs deserved the suspension. Even if it wasn't an intentional hit to the ref, you can't do that. The reprimand to the coaches about handshake gate is a joke. I'm all for what MD did after the way Penn St coaches and players talked since the summer. Penn St must still be stuck in the summer, since they haven't won a game since September. I hope this starts a great rivalry that MD never had in the ACC. They had some occasional rivalries in basketball with Duke, but nothing in football, at least in recent memory.

• Like 1

http://maryland.247sports.com/Article/Stefon-Diggs-Maryland-Winning-Over-Recruits-with-PSU-Win-32620331

Did Fireworks at PSU Win Over Recruits for Terps?

As recently as last week, New York lineman Austrian Robinson said he was having trouble identifying a top choice among the numerous BCS schools that have offered him scholarships. But suddenly, after watching Maryland's 20-19 win over Penn State -- and the Terps' pregame feistiness -- the over the weekend, Robinson didn't delay in calling Maryland his top choice..

"It definitely fired me up. They didn't back down. To be straight-up honest, I don't have a problem with it. They won the game, so I can't really say anything about [Maryland's refusal to shake hands]," said Robinson, also considering offers from Ole Miss, Miami, Purdue and Central Florida.

"It was good to see them get that win. I'm not a big Penn State fan, to be honest," he said.

In case you've been sleeping for the past five days: Maryland's players, upset about what they perceived as Penn State's attempts to intimidate them during warm-ups, got into a shoving match with the Nittany Lions shortly before kickoff. In the chaos, Stefon Diggs shoved an official. And when it came time to shake hands before the coin flip, Maryland's captains -- Diggs, tight end P.J. Gallo and safety Sean Davis -- kept their hands at their side.

Most of the visceral reaction from fans and media types ranged between disapproval and outrage. But teenagers, we've all learned, tend to evaluate circumstances differently than adults. Recruits we've spoken to since Saturday's events -- several of them top prospects for both the Terrapins and Nittany Lions -- have almost uniformly spoken positively about it.

The 'don't back down' vibe of the skirmish seems to resonate.

"What happened last Saturday at coin toss is the beginning of something serious between Maryland and Penn State," said DeMatha (Md.) junior Tino Ellis, a four-star wide receiver according to the 247Sports Composite Rankings. "It did [get recruits fired up], definitely. When Stefon did it, everyone went crazy."

http://features.dbknews.com/2014/11/06/who-is-melo-trimble/

Who is Melo Trimble?

Melo Trimble knows why more cameras and voice recorders are pointed toward himthan anyone else at Xfinity Center. But, as always, he remains calm.

It’s Oct. 21, Terrapins men’s basketball media day, and dozens of reporters gather around the 6-foot-2 freshman point guard with a freshly cut fade as he sits at a gray circular table. Clad in his white Terps No. 2 uniform, Trimble sits tall as media members spout question after question about his sky-high expectations.

In April, Trimble, ESPN’s 29th-ranked recruit in the country, became the first Terps signee since 2003 to play in the McDonald’s High School All-American Game. He has since been labeled by some pundits as this year’s most important freshman in the country. And a win-starved fan base that’s watched the Terps miss the NCAA tournament each of the past four seasons has labeled Trimble as its savior.

Nationally and locally, college basketball fans and experts know about the pressure Trimble faces. They know what’s been said about the 19-year-old from Upper Marlboro and the role he’ll play as the Terps starting point guard.

But with the team’s season opener looming Nov. 14, a question remains regarding the local kid who has the weight of a once-prominent program planted on his shoulders.

Out of the spotlight, away from the reporters that stare him down on this media day, who is Melo Trimble?