Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Maryland Terrapins Thread

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Dez Wells of @TerrapinHoops & Frank Kaminsky of @BadgerMBB named #B1GMBBall Co-Players of the Week

Big Ten Men's Hoops @B1GMBBall

Wells: 19 ppg, 11 rpg, 2.5 apg & 2.0 spg with two double-doubles in wins over #Rutgers & #Huskers. 2nd POW honor this season. #B1GMBBall

Edited by BRAVEONAWARPATH

Movin' on up! Terps ranked No. 8 in latest @AP_Top25 poll. Highest ranking since the squad was eighth on Feb. 3, 2003. #WeWill #GoTerps

Maryland Basketball

Let award season begin! Kudos to Melo Trimble on being named a second team All-American by @sportingnews! #WeWill

Congrats to @Dez32Wells for earning First Team All-B1G Honors #GoTerps #WeWill

Congrats to @_STAYMELO for earning Second Team All-B1G and B1G All-Freshman Team Honors #GoTerps #WeWill

Maryland Basketball

Congrats to @JLayman10 for earning the Media's Third Team All-B1G honors #GoTerps #WeWill

Click to read the rest

http://maryland.247sports.com/Article/Ulmer-Getting-His-Shot-in-Spring-Practice-36103229

Ulmer Getting His Shot in Spring Practice

Speed kills in college football. And it's one thing Maryland wide receiver Will Ulmer has a lot of.

Ulmer began his career at Maryland as a quarterback last year after playing under center in a run-heavy scheme at St. John’s (D.C), but willingly made the switch to receiver after fall camp ended.

“It was the the best decision for me going forward in my future,” Ulmer said after spring practice on Monday, as he recalled the move. “As camp was going on, I just thought it was a better fit for me. I can do more things at wide receiver [while] I’m limited at quarterback in college because in the NFL they’re looking for more prototypical quarterbacks, quarterbacks that will throw a lot. I think it was the best decision, me and coach sat down and made that final after camp.”

Ulmer didn’t end up playing as a freshman, so this will be his redshirt freshman year. He spent most of last fall trying to get the playbook down and studying receivers like Deon Long and Stefon Diggs, both currently in the process of preparing for the NFL.

Unlike some quarterbacks who make the transition to wide receiver, Ulmer didn’t benefit from knowing the entire playbook going in, because he was still new to the program and learned mostly zone-read plays during his first camp. So last year boiled down to a learning process for him. So far, the first week of spring practice, Ulmer has been given ample opportunity to show what he can do

Yup. Indiana it is. I'd love to see a big win in a stress-less game, but pretty sure that ain't happening. Hopefully they get past IU, and I think we may be seeing Izzo and Sparty in the post season yet again. Who do you guys think would be the better match up between MSU and OSU if they get the win against Indiana? 

Game times:

Michigan-Wisconsin: Noon

Penn State-Purdue: 2:30

Maryland-Indiana: 6:30

Michigan State-Ohio State: 9:00

Edited by SoulSkin

Game tomorrow vs. Indiana will be tough, don't overlook them.  I remember the game where they dismantled us all too well.

I'm a casual IU fan and this is NOT the same team that took you guys to school earlier in the year. I don't even think it's the same team that had a shot in College Park either. They have been playing horribly lately and I'm mildly surprised that they had a comfortable win last night. I'm hoping the Hoosiers can win one more game (sorry) to increase their chances of making the tournament, but I see a 10-12 point UMD win. 

Good luck, fellas!

I'm a casual IU fan and this is NOT the same team that took you guys to school earlier in the year. I don't even think it's the same team that had a shot in College Park either. They have been playing horribly lately and I'm mildly surprised that they had a comfortable win last night. I'm hoping the Hoosiers can win one more game (sorry) to increase their chances of making the tournament, but I see a 10-12 point UMD win. 

Good luck, fellas!

Thanks brother.  Anytime a team can shoot the 3 as well as Indiana, they have a shot.  Plus a player like Yogi Ferrell is always capable of going off.  I'm hoping we play good defense and take good shots on offense - should increase our chances significantly.

• Like 1

MD has to play defense. Too much standing around watching guys with and without the ball go right by them. That's also led to too many offensive rebounds.

I like what I'm seeing on offense. I like they were going inside early. A couple of tough passes to Dodd and a few he couldn't catch. But I'd keep going inside and make Indiana work down there.

Trimble and Wells, what more can you say. They are great and fun to watch.

Much, much better defense in the 2nd half. Maryland did a great job cutting off the driving lanes and getting in the face of the 3 point shooters. Indiana's only offense was getting offensive rebounds, which drove me nuts as well. Maryland could have won this game by 20 if they got more defensive rebounds. Some of them were hustle rebounds too.

The officiating in the 2nd half was brutal. Wells was getting beat up constantly on offense, but not fouls called. Then the phantom foul late on Smotrycz that let Indiana cut it two. Not since pee wee ball have a seen a ref call a foul because a guy wouldn't let someone dribble out of the corner.

Bring on MSU. I want MD to go through the toughest, biggest basketball names in the B1G. This team has shown they can beat anyone. I want them going into the tournament with that confidence that they can beat anyone.

Edited by Redskin4ever
  • Like 1

Great game. Close all the way up until the last 45 seconds. I felt like it was a 2-4 point game all game. Wells some critical points and rebounds. Layman rebounded too.

There was a questionable lane violation that helped Maryland, but then Indiana got a gift foul call with their guy going out of bounds.

• Like 2