Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Maryland Terrapins Thread

BRAVEONAWARPATH

My son played his last game as a Terp last night.  He played hockey for the Terps D-2 club team the last 3 years and has loved every minute of it.  I've loved watching him play hockey sine he was 9 years old and have been very blessed to follow him from travel hockey to High School (DeMatha) hockey, to Junors (Boston and Dallas), and finally to College hockey.

He represented his school (Maryland) at the top level for his sport.  He loved playing for Maryland and wore the sweater with pride.  I am so proud of him and will miss watching him play.  The final shift summarized the type of player he was.  This season, the team began a rebuilding process (not too fun for a Senior), where they play 10 freshman and have a new coach.  He took his role as senior D-Man seriously and worked with the younger guys to bring them along and provide a presence on the ice to keep them safe.  Last game vs G-Town, one of the freshman got run and he went after the guy.  The had a wrestling match (no fighting in College), and he put the guy on his back.  Got game misconduct (yes, with 3 minutes to play, that was his last thing on the ice).  Couldn't be more proud.

Great job, Sean, we will miss watching you play (he's the one getting pushed away by the ref behind the net).

12744008_10205658909856450_2598973125179

• Like 2

My son played his last game as a Terp last night.  He played hockey for the Terps D-2 club team the last 3 years and has loved every minute of it.  I've loved watching him play hockey sine he was 9 years old and have been very blessed to follow him from travel hockey to High School (DeMatha) hockey, to Junors (Boston and Dallas), and finally to College hockey.

Great job, Sean, we will miss watching you play (he's the one getting pushed away by the ref behind the net).

Congrats to your son.  Again, this is a club at MD like Badminton or Paintball.  It's not a school sponsored sport.  You don't even have to go to MD to play on the team.  Not sure it belongs in the Terps thread.

Congrats to your son.  Again, this is a club at MD like Badminton or Paintball.  It's not a school sponsored sport.  You don't even have to go to MD to play on the team.  Not sure it belongs in the Terps thread.

Besides the congrats. Completely rude and unnecessary. Let it go.  

Actually, that is not true.

They play in the ACHA (American Collegiate Hockey Association).  The club is sanctioned through the "Member Program" - the University or College the players attend.  They have eligibility requirements as well.  It isn't like intramural or frat programs.  They represent their school in these competitions and play against teams that represent other universities.

And yes, the University does provide funds to the program, so they DO help sponsor them.  Just not at the NCAA level.

He is a Terp, both academically and athletically.

Edited by btfoom

Stone suspended 1 game for his **** move on Saturday. Good move by coach, not sure he makes that same call if Iowa's up next though.

I nay not be hot on Turgeon as a gameday, X's and O's coach, but as a recruiter, administrator, and person...top shelf.

Stone's apology was also quite contrite and seemed genuinely heartfelt. That, and the fact that he called the guy and personally apologized shows me solid character. I think this was handled as well as possible by Stone, Turgeon, and the University. Just keep those emotions in check when you're playing Wisconsin D.

Yeah I'm more concerned about Trimble than anything.  His aggressiveness, and shot, has disappeared. 

Last month when people were talking about a strained quadriceps or hammy or whatever that was, I said he needed to sit a few games.  He didn't.  Hope that isn't the case.

Like others, what is wrong with Trimble? He's a shell of the player he was last year and even earlier this year. And Carter hasn't been what he was earlier in the year. Are those two having girl problems? Out drinking too much? Too much wacky tobacky? Seriously, what is wrong with those two guys?  The team will only go as far as Trimble takes them, but Carter can't escape the blame for his poor play lately.