Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Maryland Terrapins Thread

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Considering a coaching change and players bailing because of that, I think we did the best we could. It's going to take DJ a couple of good recruiting classes and having some winning seasons to get a great recruiting class in here. Finishing the new athletic facility will help also.

Getting a healthy dose of WCAC guys every year is going to get the snowball rolling.  You can't get every DeMatha, GC and St. John's kid, but you have to get 5-6 at least to get word of mouth out there. Plus, you have to win. No way around that.

• Like 1

http://maryland.247sports.com/Bolt/Maryland-Signee-Tyrrell-Pigrome-a-First-Team-Parade-All-American-43513261

Maryland Signee Tyrrell Pigrome a First-Team Parade All-American

Freshly signed Maryland quarterback recruit Tyrrell Pigrome was named a first-team Parade All-American on Friday.

Pigrome, an ultra-athletic 5-foot-10 dual-threat quarterback, earned the honors as an 'athlete' rather than a quarterback. Leading his Clay-Chalkville (Ala.) team to the state finals for the second consecutive year, Pigrome accounted for 62 touchdowns as a senior -- 44 through the air and 18 on the ground. He threw four interceptions, ran for 1,349 yards and passed for 3,080 more, earning Gatorade state player of the year honors.

Entering a quarterback situation with far more questions than answers, Pigrome could compete for the starting spot immediately in new offensive coordinator Walt Bell's dynamic, fast-paced attack.

“I think he’ll be a household name around here real soon,” Maryland coach D.J.

Durkin said Wednesday. "I can’t tell you how happy we are with how that worked out with [Pigrome]."

Another Terps signee, Damascus (Md.) running back Jake Funk, earned honorable mention honors after setting state records for touchdowns in a season and in a championship game (seven). Funk has already enrolled at Maryland.

Edited by BRAVEONAWARPATH
  • Like 1

Had an awesome time speaking to the great coaches of the DMV. Imagine what Maryland will be when we start keeping OUR kids at home! #OurDMV

1f534.png1f534.pngRED OUT 1f534.png1f534.png1f534.png1f534.png1f6a8.png1f534.png1f534.png1f3c0.png: #4 Terps vs. #18 Purdue 1f550.png: 4:00pm 1f4fa.png: ESPN 1f4f1.png: #RedOutPurdue

CaiVwd_WIAApVBY.jpg

Edited by BRAVEONAWARPATH

Getting a healthy dose of WCAC guys every year is going to get the snowball rolling.  You can't get every DeMatha, GC and St. John's kid, but you have to get 5-6 at least to get word of mouth out there. Plus, you have to win. No way around that.

Dematha and Good Counsel, yes.  Does St. John's have any history of being good?  I know occasionally they'll have a player or two, but I'd swap them for Gonzaga. The WCAC is pretty talented, that wouldn't be a bad base to start from.

I don't know how well MD would ever be able to get into Ohio, Pennsylvania, or New Jersey for top recruits, not with Ohio State and Penn State, and to some degree, Michigan (not to mention the occasional Alabama poach, etc.) but I think MD could make a run at competing with Virginia Tech for talent in the tidewater VA region.  Combine that with the WCAC, and the inroads Durkin is trying to make in Florida, and you have some serious potential.

Edited by Forehead
  • Like 1

According to @LetTeddyWin the Nationals will bring back their rivalry day but have MD and PSU instead of VA and VT. It's less of a rivalry than the latter, and MD and PSU doesn't really "scream" rivalry  <_<

But damn it I'll sign up for a special MD ticket so I can get whatever they're giving away lol 

Go MD  :unsure:

Just to put it out there, a close one here is expected. Although I'll be concerned if they come out the gate sloppy. That's a trend Id like to see go away.

Came outta the gate good today, 18 in the first 9 minutes. Problem is, same Ole Terps: ugly offensive sets, terrible shooting, and shot selection, adds up to 9 points in final 11 minutes.

Every offensive set, there are at least 2 guys standing motionless while Melo dribbles out front to 15 seconds on the shot clock.

I don't need a motion offense, but if I see Jake just stand in the corner for 20-25 seconds every set, I may blow a gasket!