Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Maryland Terrapins Thread

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Batteredfansyndrome fits my relationship with the Redskins.

You don't see me getting bent out of shape in here over the Terps.  I'm happy just to have this team competitive and talked about nationally again.

I'm simply being realistic that this team looks like one that could win it all OR lose in the round of 64. 

I'd agree with you that there is something to be said for winning close games, but not against Northwestern in your own house.

http://maryland.247sports.com/Bolt/Maryland-Adds-Third-Commitment-Of-the-Day-43355633

Maryland Adds Third Commitment Of the Day

Maryland has been busy on the recruiting trail. After adding two linebacker commits this afternoon, the staff has added a commitment from Atlantic (Fla.) defensive end Dion Goldbourne. The news comes less than two hours after Dillard (Fla.) defensive tackle Aaron Thompson, decommitted, who is likely South Carolina-bound.

The 6-4 defensive end is a disruptive, raw defensive end from Florida who finished with 17 sacks in his senior year. Goldbourne is a work in progress, but has shown bursts of athleticism over the years and erupted in his senior year.

Goldbourne is the teammate of early enrollee defensive back Antwaine Richardson, a former Michigan commit.

Maryland now has a defensive lineman committed on board in the 2016 class on board. With early enrollee Adam McLean already on campus, the staff will turn to add four-star St. John's (D.C.) Terrell Hall to close out the 2016 recruiting class.

Edited by BRAVEONAWARPATH

I don't expect them to "destroy everyone." Just the inferior teams that they've been struggling against.

So I take it you didn't even read my post on the last page or just dismissed it. I thought I explained it well enough.

Hilarious. Duke isn't ranked right now.

Edited by pjfootballer

You known damn well that if someone told you MD would be 19-3 at this point before the season started you would've taken it in a heartbeat.

Top 5 ranked team preseason. The expectation was already in place that they at least be 19-3. I personally think they should be 21-1. 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/recruiting-insider/wp/2016/02/02/injured-duval-football-star-antoine-brooks-commits-to-maryland-after-late-offer/

Good story locally. Brooks had a NASTY broken/dislocated ankle during his senior season. Only Boston and UMASS had offered until Maryland offered him Sunday. Projected as a LB for the Terps, should be available after a redshirt season to regain strength and mobility.

• Like 1

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/recruiting-insider/wp/2016/02/02/injured-duval-football-star-antoine-brooks-commits-to-maryland-after-late-offer/

Good story locally. Brooks had a NASTY broken/dislocated ankle during his senior season. Only Boston and UMASS had offered until Maryland offered him Sunday. Projected as a LB for the Terps, should be available after a redshirt season to regain strength and mobility.

Great story.  As far as injuries go, a bone break is far less than a ligament tear, so he has a shot at 100% recovery.  While they project him as a LB, he could also be a heck of a RB after a year of rehab and training.

Top 5 ranked team preseason. The expectation was already in place that they at least be 19-3. I personally think they should be 21-1. 

Sorry, but I don't see it.  Pre-season rankings mean squadoosh (just ask Kentucky and Duke).

Playing on the road vs UNC and then vs MSU (on 3 game loss streak) are VERY hard games for anyone to win.

Yes, should have beaten Michigan.

I'll take 19-3.

• Like 2

Highlights of Terps QB target Tyrell Pigrome.

He's only 5-10 (maybe) and that's the only reason he's a 3*.

He's the Alabama Gatorade Player of the Year.

He can fly and has a cannon.

He'll make his decision on NSD (National Signing Day). 2/3/16

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/2598534/highlights/293129416/v3

Edited by BRAVEONAWARPATH