Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Maryland Terrapins Thread

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Terps get commit from Max Bortenschlager.

http://www.testudotimes.com/maryland-terrapins-football-recruiting/2016/1/30/10877246/max-bortenschlager-commits-indiana-buffalo

The highlights look impressive. Does everything that no MD QB has done in years. Huge arm, throws really well on the run.

Wait until you see Tyrell Pigrome's highlights.. (Assuming he commits to the Terps)  :)

Fwiw Brenda has the #1 recruiting class and 3 of the 6 have been named McDonalds All-Americans.

First time Maryland has had three in one game.

F: Kaila Charles | Glen Burnie, MD | 6-0

From the opening tip of the Keil Moore Showcase in the fall of 2014, Charles was on a mission to prove she belonged on this list. The versatile forward stormed through Real Deal in the ‘Ville as the ringleader of Team Takeover last July. In the process, the future Maryland Terrapin left no doubt that she belonged on the roster for this year’s game.

PG: Destiny Slocum | Meridian, ID | 5-7

Slocum burst on to the scene after her freshman season with a Check Me Out Showcase performance that would show her top 10 potential. She lived up to the early hype ,becoming one of the best scoring point guards in the country both at showcase events and with Boise HoopDreams as well.

W: Blair Watson | Nutley, N.J. | 6-0

Watson is a powerful threat on the perimeter capable of making her presence felt in the open floor. A Maryland signee, Watson is more than willing to attack the lane off of the bounce. She played club for the N.J. Panthers.

Edited by BRAVEONAWARPATH

A win is a win....and going on the road to face a team that is feeling better about themselves AND wants some revenge. Whatever, I'm good with it.

Minus the clutch 3's at the end. That part of their struggled up until that point. Also, losing the turnover battle.

OSU can't shoot FT's and that killed them. Fine by me. Terps shot FT's well today. So, that's the difference. 

Props to them. Probably jump to 5ish in the next poll.

I knew it wouldn't be easy. Ohio state was out for revenge after the beatdown we gave them a couple of weeks ago. Big 10 has tough road games, plus, we are still unfamiliar with a lot of venues. We should cruise against Nebraska this week, then come home next weekend against Purdue.

Edited by pjfootballer

Maryland has that look and feel of a high seeded team that will lose in the 2nd round.

If they're a 3 seed I might just pick the 14 to knock em out. With how inconsistent they are shooting, all it takes is one hot shooting mid major...

I posted earlier I could easily see them losing in the first or second round.

That said, if Trimble Sulaimon Laymen Stone and Carter could play well in the same game the could go far.  But to date, for the most part, you can't rely on them to put a complete game together.  They struggle seemingly against everyone.

Edited by chipwhich

So much different chatter out there on guys. #Vols chatter on Kongbo still, #UNC chatter on Nate Craig-Myers, #Terps on Terrell Hall

Mike Farrell

Hall is a tough one to call, got some telling me it's #Terps but #Bama confident as always

I knew it wouldn't be easy. Ohio state was out for revenge after the beatdown we gave them a couple of weeks ago. Big 10 has tough road games, plus, we are still unfamiliar with a lot of venues.

While that's true, it still doesn't bode well that we struggle against nearly every opponent. Its actually pretty remarkable that we only have 3 losses.  I just can't see this team doing any damage in the tournament until they start cruising against all of the lesser teams, on the road or at home.  Time is running out.

Unfortunately for us, this team needs another year together to be dominant.  Another year together we won't get.

Love the Terps residency. They do not panic. These close wins will build character and confidence come March Madness. I guess some of you expect them to just blowout their opponents every game.

A team with this much talent really should be able to blow out opponents.  Not every opponent, nor every game.  They just struggle too much against lesser teams.  This was expected a few months ago, but going into February it would be nice to see the team hit its stride and take care of business.

I agree about being able to beat lesser opponents and blowing them out.  Teams like Rutgers, Nebraska, Minnesota, Penn State, Illinois; we should be beating the tar out of them.  I think only Rutgers wasn't a close game.  We should beat these teams by 10-20 points a game when we play them.

Iowa, Indiana, MSU, Michigan- I think those are the better teams in the league and they should all be close games.

Then you have the middling teams- Ohio State, Wisconsin, Purdue, Northwestern;  These teams I think they should be able to hang with us to a certain point, then we should be able to pull away at the end.  Like have a single digit lead and then pull away and win the game by 10+.

Both Northwestern games (one OT), the Wisconsin game, PSU game and the last OSU game were WAY too close.  We did beatdown OSU in College Park by 35 (led by as much as 42), so my thinking was, OSU is 14-8 (6-3) coming in to yesterday's game.  So they aren't a terrible team, nor were they as bad as when we faced them 2 weeks ago.  I anticipated a better game from OSU, but I thought we'd win something like 75-61.

KG - have you been watching the games or just checking the scores the next day?  I'm not being a smartass.  Just saying that its easy to be happy with wins and the overall record but watching this team play a lot of the time is very frusterating because they are capable of more.

As PJ noted above, they've had some games that are way too close against inferior teams.  Not just B10 games, but dating back to early in the season vs. cupcakes that they should blow out, they did not.

I'd agree with you that winning the close games builds character but many of those games shouldn't be close to begin with.  I'm not sure what the answer is, but I hope Turg finds a way to get these guys to hit their stride rolling into March. 

Yeah, I didn't even mention the non conference games that were too close: Rider, Illinois St., Mount St. Mary's was close until the end, as was Cleveland State.

Yes, I'm loving the 19-3 record. I guess one good thing is, there isn't a dominant team out there right now. That gives us a good chance and gives us experience in tight games. But it could bite us early if a team somehow gets lucky and upsets us.

Edited by pjfootballer

I watch EVERY game if I'm home. Yesterday was one of those days. Are there times they are frustrating? Sure, especially Layman. But if you're expecting ANY team to be "dominate" this year you are delusional.

The other thing you guys are failing to recognize is that they aren't relying on one single player every night and a different player is taking the lead in any given game.

There defense is improving with each game and the only complaint I really have with this team is getting beat on the boards.

You known damn well that if someone told you MD would be 19-3 at this point before the season started you would've taken it in a heartbeat.

Edited by KingGibbs

Only school where both mens and womens 1f3c0.png are in top 5? Congrats to @TerrapinHoops & @umdwbb 203c.png#FearTheTurtle 1f422.png

Brett Shepherd OLB 6'4 215 Buford HS in Buford,GA committed to Maryland. has over 10 offers NC State, Iowa, Iowa St , Miss St, West Carolina

You known damn well that if someone told you MD would be 19-3 at this point before the season started you would've taken it in a heartbeat.

Actually, that was the expectation - if not better.  With the addition of Stone and Carter, coupled with the return of Trimble and Layman, this team was supposed to be here, all season long.

MD shouldn't be ranked that high considering they aren't destroying everyone. :D

Again, its not about destroying anyone.  Its about exhibiting the behavior or a good team that could bust brackets by playing poorly vs. inferior talent too often.

• Like 1